• Last visited

2 Followers

Previous Fields

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game
    Genealogy of the Holy War

Recent Profile Visitors

9,262 profile views

Eltosian Kadath's Achievements

1. This little secret is hidden where Palmark roughly reaches in the original before handing over the Tyrfing. As for FE4 the only real secret on this map is if Seliph personally kills Arvis, he can wait near the water to have a scene with the spirits of his deceased parents. That is an ominous statement to make in an ironman. They are being rather faithful to Shadow Dragon generals with that move. Your Draug is such a beast. I mean look at this monster doubling everything on top of that strength and defenses (even resistance). Wow, giving Mercurius a ranged exp boost, such an interesting improvement. Nice of them to give a nod to its old Mystery of the Emblem exp boosting effect with this one (although they probably got the reminder from Engage's revival of that old effect...) As a massive fan of the Triangle Attack, I am looking forward to it OMG, what a way to improve Est, and you could setup some real impressive multi-Triangle attack turns with that skill and some creative unit placement. Est still has that old Est-y growth rates as well. What an amusing little unit they have made here. ...Oof. Killing off not only my favorite character from Shadow Dragon, but also one of my most consistently used units that is difficult to replace. Seems Ivy is doomed to never make it through an Ironman with me. ...Wow, the man is already a speed demon, and now this? It is a clever use of the FEH art there, as she goes from the FEH version of her that is specifically the mind controlled version of her to a more normal version. I thought that was the Wooden Cavalry chapter a few maps back. Yikes, another close call... To be fair, not all equipment in this hack even has uses, so I guess they felt the need to boost it a little because of that. Eh, I doubt I would have used her anyway...although that does now make it literally impossible for me to have a flying mage. Yeah that is rather understandable, as I would not have expected that space to be traversable by non-fliers either. It really is fun to setup and use. Another spooky moment, but at least it was early enough in the turn to fix things before enemy phase. Taking cues from New Mystery's chapter 2 I guess...or perhaps FE1's chapter 22. For some reason Macedon was always the most willing to have bosses abandon their castles. At least this little oversight didn't end up biting you in the butt. And I am guessing there weren't even boots there to lure you into spending. Originally my plan was to do quite a few of the paralogues here, but I think I will save most of them for after I decide which of Veyle or Mauvier ends up replacing Ivy...but I did decide to do one before the main chapter, so its time for Eirika's paralogue Next time I will be doing a story map, promise.
  2. The original Star Fox on SNES was 3D though, one of the first ever, and literally the first Nintendo game to use polygons. It was a revolutionary game thanks to the Super FX chip the thing had.
  3. Alright, time for a controversial Star Fox take, but I always found Star Fox 64 to be too similar to the original on the SNES to ever be all that impressive. It always felt more like a remake than a game of its own. The comment was rather funny as Star Fox Adventures was perhaps the most controversial of the Star Fox games for the very reasons IO mentions, and a lot of die hard fans utterly hate it for shifting Star Fox away from the genre it started in. My personal opinion of the game is that it is a fine game, nothing spectacular, but it gets a lot of undeserved hate due to it being called a Star Fox game. To quote a fantastic video essay by Bobbybroccoli: "...the Canadian identity, if there is such a thing, is one defined in opposition to the United States"
  4. Even in this form it is an interesting little read through...although I get it. I remember never getting around to responding to Jotari's themes thread for a similar reason. The thread I was delaying this time was just because I had to tell myself to stop gushing and just push something out (which my little venting here actually got me to do with my new minor character appreciation thread). Also I think I will hide away all my comments on the spoilered stuff in my own spoiler tab.
  5. Now I don't want to anyone mentioning any character you could even pretend to consider a main character or even major in this thread, this for all those Brom, Vander, and Matthis lovers to gush about their favorites minor characters that no one else seems to appreciate. Obviously this is also an excuse for me to talk about a bunch of minor characters that I appreciate, and this is a place for all of you to do the same...yeah might have gone a bit overboard below, but its fun to talk about the units you like that aren't important enough to generally get much attention from others. Lets start with one that I am probably the only person that has ever cared about them, the minor villain from Genealogy of the Holy War's chapter 4, the mercenary leader Lamia. The vicious leader of an all female mercenary band (the game even brings out all the obscure female enemy sprites just for her little band), famed for their ruthlessness, and being one of the few minor bosses with a unique face sprite (although it is speculated that it might have originally been planned as a face used for a younger Queen Hilda...). She is just plain cool for such a minor villain. Moving onto generation 2, I have a soft spot for the substitute unit Asaello, the hitman of Connacht. With such a title, one may think I am fawning over minor villains again, but this hitman takes such an ignoble path to help feed the orphans that he grew up with, and has always had a soft spot for children. As someone who also has a soft spot for children, I can kinda relate to the guy. It is a down right a shame that he was cut from Thracia 776, as he would have fit in there perfectly, but they didn't want to imply too much about Thracia 776's continuity by including the replacements... Next comes a hero from Thracia 776 with Miranda, and with her being the princess of Alster with a noticeable impact on the plot it might seem like a bit of a cheat, but she is not only exclusive to the least popular route of Thracia 776, but also generally considered a difficult to use unit, and much as it pains me to say it, she is. Really she shouldn't be an optional character, as she makes Leif's disastrous attack on Alster make so much more sense. She has a lot of fun spunk to go with her fiery magic, although it is really tough to get her off the ground. Another Thracia unit, its time to talk about the oft overshadowed Eda. Poor girl had to come with her top tier prepromoted brother Dean, so no one looks at this young dragon rider, but she is still a flier, and a cool little dragon rider, and I have trained her enough to see her become a powerhouse on her own. I kind of pity her really, she gets unfairly overshadowed by units Thracia showers with gifts, and she is constantly putting the feeling of other above her own, following her brother into exile, and in her ending sacrificing her joy to help Altena. I am going to cheat a little here, as I would be remiss not to mention my love of the Triangle Attack of Ostia, the three great generals Bors, Barthe, and Gwendolyn. This poor trio always gets trash talked, with the dutiful Wendy oft called one of the worst units in Binding Blade, but they can combine their powers into the automatic hit and crit of a deadly Triangle attack. That isn't to dismiss the over protective big brother she looks up to so much, or that loyalist of knights Barthe. What can I say, its fun to setup the right positioning to maximize my number of triangle attacks, and the more restrictive movements of an armored knight just makes it all the more satisfying when you can setup multiple in a turn due to the extra planning needed. In a very similar vein, I love New Mystery's Axey boy trio as well, with their silly names, and the jokes about people not being able to distinguish Cord and Bord, with ol' Barst as a bit of an outlier. There the lack of the rescue command adds a whole new layer of difficulty to the setup for them to make thing all the more fun, and they hit some impressive benchamarks with the triangle attack as well. Time for another trio, as I like all the units you recruit in Blazing Blade's Kinship's Bond. I rather like dragon riders, and that split haired Heath was the first one I ever got the chance to use. As for Rath, the quite horse archer that defies discrimination is an interesting mix that appeals to me. Finally a quick word on Isadora, but it always felt a bit funny that she felt more like a friend of Eliwood's mom than him, and discovering her fiance latter in the game was an interesting detail to stumble upon. I know I am rushing a bit here, but I have been rambling on way too long already. I think I will jump ahead a few games before getting to New Mystery of the Emblem, with another edge case here, of my little prince, Yubello. A bit of a cheat again as he would be royalty if emperor Marth didn't take all the crowns for himself at the end of New Mystery. He is just my little boy, who can be the best mage he wants to be, and I care about my little boy far too much not to mention him a fair bit here. It is time to jump ahead to the end of things with one from Engage, my Bouchy Boy. He grew on me, I started using him just because he was one of the more functional axe units, but I found a man that loves reading, even genre's generally seen as very feminine like romance novels, and is sensitive enough to cry when he needs to. Plus he has a fun personal skill if you use him after the early game.
  6. I have tried looking, but I haven't been able to actually find the odds anywhere, and am sadly throwing in the towel. What I do know is that all the vending machines outside the Fortuna Offices have three possible drinks you can get from them randomly (and it is easy to look up which three). As for the Fortuna Offices from what I can tell there are two rolls, one where it determines which three Drinks are possible for them, and then the roll for which of those three you actually get. There are only two reasons to do so, first there is an achievement for having gotten all 11 drinks at least once, and second each drink gives different units a temporary luck boosts, but the Muscle Drink EX is the only one that gives everyone a luck boost, and is only available from the Fortuna Office vending machines, which makes it by far the rarest, but best of the drinks to try and get. Its sad how little information I could find. This game is so underappreciated, which I am putting a bit down to it not doing a good job of telling people what it is. I don't think it does a good job of capturing the feel of either Fire Emblem or SMT, but instead really successfully captures the feel of a Magical Girl anime, and I really appreciate it for that odd niche.
  7. The sad consequences of Dexit, so many old pokemon friends can't be together in the newer games... Yeah, I know I have been a bit quite...not that I tend to be the loudest around here at the best of times. I tend to be rather socially passive. I like the fiery red hair, and the sprinkling of freckles was a great choice. Also I like that the outfit looks functional enough that I could actually believe they would be swinging a Katana around. I know what you mean, I have been planning on creating a new topic for like three days now, and I keep wasting time, and putting off what will be a fun little thread. Yeah, I miss them too. At least with Benice I feel like I got a sense of farewell, and I know they are going off to college for better things, but I still miss him a bit. @GuardianSing it felt like left out of the blue, leaving mid Genealogy playthourgh, and I was rather looking forward to hearing their thoughts and comments on that game, as well as Thracia afterwards. Theoretically their profile indicates they have been lurking a little, which makes me think it might just be computer troubles or something. Although on the otherhand part of the benefit of the internet is that you can just become something else, or simply fade away... Yeah I know what you mean. Discord is far too quick for me, about the only thing I use it for is voice chat with IRL friends where some are too far away to meet.
  8. Dratini has always been my favorite pokemon, I even dressed up as a Dratini for Halloween once as a little kid, and have a very old plush, and even a Dartini hat that is now way too small for me. They are the first baby dragons, and such a little cutie, and I love them. Another favorite is Umbreon, which is still my favorite of the eeveelution. I named one of cats as a kid Umbreon, and she was a real sweetheart, and the pokemon will always make me think of her. I have a soft spot for the 6 Smeargle challenge (first saw Pikasprey do that one, and tried two for myself), and I still think of my favorite little Smeargle, ol' Euripides. I was naming each of the Smeargle after different notable masters of different art forms, as this poor Greek playwright of a Smeargle was the one stuck with just charm as his first move, and it made him the absolute hero of the team, often having to sacrifice himself to ensure our team of artists could make it though tough early game fights. I have a very soft spot for Dunsparce as well, due to a Crystal Nuzlocke, where I lucked into the 1% Dunsparce encounter at the very beginning. It being a female when I had a naming theme of Zelda characters, it felt like destiny, we had Zelda the Dunsparce, and I decided then and there to try and make her the hero of the team, and much to my surprise, I discovered that Dunsparce is actually excellent in Gen 2 early game. Rage is secretly a busted move in that gen, and she wrecked the first 3 gyms easily thanks to that, adding dig was enough to crush gym 4, and with a bit of careful team support, she was able to carry us all the way to the last Gym, although due to some technical issues, I never did finish that run (I was using a kind of janky DS emulation of GB game, which janked out a little bit when preparing for gym 8...) I have a bit of a soft spot for Slugma and Magcargo for two reason, the simplest of which is that my first wild shiny I caught was Magcargo (in Heatran's den), and it was my favorite starter from what is my favorite Pokemon hack, the Pokemon Emerald Trashlocke hack, which simply made the game harder by just changing which pokemon to are available at each part of the game to pokemon that are rarely used for being weak (and keeping you from access the TMs from the game corner). Honestly, I could keep naming a bunch of gen 2 pokemon, it is my favorite generation, and there were a lot of fun pokemon added that gen, plus they didn't feel the need to powercreep everything back then so they could just be a bunch of weird little pokemon. I do mean this, I am willing to go to bat for a LOT of gen 2 pokes, almost all of them are fantastic little guys, and I am showing significant levels of restraint here. Togekiss became another favorite of mine thanks to Sunnyside, a Serene Grace Para-flinching Togekiss, which was just a fun thing to play with, and a hero of my HeartGold playthrough. Heart Gold was such a love letter to Johto, and Sunnyside the Togekiss is a memorable part of that lovely experience. I need to mention what I originally called my Z-Team, as I was planning on using a team with one of my favorite pokemon for each generation for the 6th gen game that never was. Fortunately I got impatient, and fell in love with how diverse the pokemon available in Kalos were, that let me make the team without much serious transfering (and breeding). It was a combination of good, and favorite little pokes, and each are a line worth mentioning with the end team having Dragonite for Gen 1 (and I have already gushed about my fav Dratini), Tyranitar for gen 2 (it was one of my brother's favorite's of the generation, and it makes me think of him), Gardevoir for gen 3 (honestly it is a shame how horny weirdos have made people so judgmental about liking Gardevoir), Rotom for gen 4 (I am a fan of ghost types, and this ghost in the machine is so cool with their multiple forms, and it earned its extra prominence with the Rotom-dex), Volcarona for gen 5 (this moth of the sun is really cool, and even as a little Larvesta those flame like offshoots combines a coolness with its natural cuteness), and last, but for a certainly not least, Aegislash (little Honedge is so cool, and as the kind of nerd that liked swords, a haunted sword is a pokemon that is right up my alley). Goomy is a friend shaped blob of goo of my favorite type, which made me a big fan from the start, and Legends Arceus making them a secret slug Drgaon is great, love that line of adorable goo(f) balls 😛 . Klefki gets complained about way too much for such a cute little goofball, and I will defend the little keyring. People would lambast them as a sign of Pokemon running out of ideas when the first generation had things like Magneton... Rowlet might be my favorite starter at this point. That cute little leaf bowtie on that adorable little owly boy is the best, and them becoming a ghost archer, it feels strangely linked to me. Getting to use them again in Legends Arceus was just icing on the cake for the little hero. I can't help it, I am going to add even more weird dragon types to the list with the lovable bully burning Drampa, the dragon grampa that makes everyone think of Falkor and randomly normal type. Mimikyu is a pokemon I have such a soft spot for. The little ghostie fella just wants everyone to love them like they do Pikachu, and I am ready to give them the biggest hugs, and all the praise for the little cutie. The fact that they made multiple apple dragons feels like a present just for me, but I want to just emphasize my favorite of them, the utterly absurd Appletun, the applepie Dragon. I love that goofball so very much. As many complaints as I have about gen 8, they went out of their way to make multiple pokemon just for me, with Sinistea as another cutie. I live on tea, and ghost is my second favorite type... I love weird Dragon types, so Tatsugiri, the Sushi dragon is such a pokemon made for me. The little cuties even have different forms with such bold personalities to their designs, I just love the little things. Heck they even got a notable appearance in the plot of gen 9. I am sure I could find even more pokemon to gush about if I tried, but this seems like fair number to bring up for now.
  9. Time for some controversial Pizza opinions, Pizzas are at there best when there are both meat and vegi/fruit/mushrooms, when it is a more rounded meal. Really the only wrong way to make a Pizza is when you forget to put all the tasty things on it by pretending a cheese pizza is a real Pizza. Also what is probably my favorite basic Pizza is a Hawaiian plus bacon, so that is where I lie on the Pineapple debate 😛
  10. You could give this idea a bit of a test run by hacking every unit in S.o.V into a magic class (or just hack as many pitchforks as you need to do that, or just only using magic units I guess although that is a bit restrictive), as the accuracy of magic in that game is untethered from skill. Although I think it is time to drop an unpopular opinion here, I don't think all stats need to be equally valuable. How many points of defense equals a point of speed is a silly question, even if one of them is generally better than the other, because we don't play these games in general, we are forced to play with the specific things we have. As long as there are situations where the less useful stats have a solid use it all ends up alright. Take what are generally seen as the two worst stats, luck and skill, starting with skill. Having too little skill is still a notable detriment of reliability as you suddenly risk misses that you might otherwise need, and against particularly dodgy enemies (or those that are taking advantage of strong terrain buffs) you will really appreciate the extra accuracy, plus being able to get a timely crit is more useful in practice than it sounds like on paper. As for luck, the ability to avoid crits can be utterly vital against some enemies, and having a luck low enough that generic enemies have small crit chances against you, suddenly pushes an otherwise great enemy phase unit into a more passive role. These stats have their uses even when they aren't always appreciated. How would this change make choices more interesting in any way? It sounds like you just limit the amount of choice you have by removing the ability to use units with skill stats and weapon levels that differ from eachother. A unit that has more weapon options but is less reliable vs a unit with more restrictive weapon options but is more reliable with chances for extra damage is the interesting choice this change would removing with this change.
  11. 🫂 Its a shame to hear how the American medical system screwed you. Hopefully you find the help you need soon. Some people can just take a joke too far, to the point where it is just plain cruel. It reminds me of a story where a few guys pranked one of their friends who was having enough financial problems that he was on the verge of losing his house, into believing he had won enough prize money to save things... You couldn't have written it better even if you tried. What a fun little bit of historic information on a topic I had heard nothing about before. It reminds me of why I like video essays so much, they are often filled with such random information. The pandemic so thoroughly broken my sense of time that I am tempted to believe that.
  12. I will start by saying that I only use this site on the computer, so I don't really have the know how to explain things if you are using the site with mobile, but I will help as much as I can. Spoiler tags are rather easy to use, if you hit the little eyeball symbol at the top of the box you type your response in, it will create a spoiler box for you Like seen above, and you can click on the space within the box to start typing within it to create the text that the spoiler box will hide. If you see one in a post you just have to click on it to expand it out to reveal its contents. As for searching, there is search bar near the top of the screen on computer, which you can use to search the forum (which does make me think you are on mobile...sorry I can't be much help there) Finally, you don't have to worry as much about annoying people with questions on the forums, a lot of us are plenty happy to help out, so feel free to ask.
  13. It comes highly recommended from me. Knowing the spoilers ahead of time is definitely going to change the experience in an interesting way, as the game is very, very, very aware of where it is going, and drops innumerable cute little hints that you only really get if you know the spoilers ahead of time. You really get an appreciation for how cleverly it uses the narrator being unreliable to both establish, and keep the rules of the world consistent, while still letting the narrator's assumptions mislead you. There is something magical about getting to the end of it blind, but there is also a lot to appreciate playing it with foreknowledge as well.
  14. Hopefully the little friend has a comfortable end. Morbid as it sounds dogs and mortality makes me think of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, a fantastic little game with my favorite videogame doggie in it (the little Pomeranian is literally my favorite character in the whole game). If you haven't played it before, it is well worth playing, and in spite of being one of the best games nobody played in its original DS release, it has gotten a odd revival after the fact with well received releases on Steam and on smart phones. Presumably they mean rebalance the audio of the voice lines. In all likelihood that means the voice lines were either way too quiet, or way too load compared to the music and sound effects before, or perhaps that the volume of differing voice lines were too inconsistent with eachother etc. That would be a very nice improvement for that game, and how good the pref weapons tend to be...
  15. Alright, I decided to save more paralogues for the next stretch, its time to finally reach the next checkpoint. And so I have reached the next checkpoint. I think that just leaves @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- to reach the next checkpoint. The number of paralogues really slow things down through this section of the game, although with the next section being a dramatic two part for me, I have saved a few Paralogues to do early to keep it from going by too quickly.