Alrighty, here are a few things i would change in the Remake
1) Start all NON-ROYAL laguz at level 1. Honestly, by the time you get all the laguz, they're WAY too overleveled for their part and thus only get 1-2 exp per kill, making them extremely hard to level up in hard mode.
2) Buff the laguz gauges. Cats by far have the worst transformation gauge in RD. Something like 3 gauge lost every combat so that they can stay transformed longer. Also, bring back the demi band, even if you have to have it like .75% of the normal stat double, being able to permanently stay transformed is a huge boon. Either that, or give the player 1 or 2 formshift scrolls that can only be used on non laguz royals.
3) Buff some of the Dawn Brigade units. Fiona is one of them that should get a HUGE buff. Give most of the RD +1 to a few of their base stats, maybe +2, but give buffs to characters that need it. For example,
Fiona's normal bases
For a level 9 lance cav, that's kinda lackluster by RD standards. So here'd be her new bases
With his, she still slightly gets slowed down by steel lances, but she has enough of a workable gap to be good. Also, increase her growths by like 5% in all stats which would put her growths at
This not only applies to Fiona, but to a few others, like Laura and Meg, who could desperately need the extra stat boost and growth increase
4) Fix the friggen availability of some of the units in particular. MY WORD, units like Vika, Tormod, Maurim, and all the other units with like, 4-5 chapter availability really need to have some way for them to join up and be able to be grinded. For example, Tormod's group could be encountered somewhere in begnion, and join up with the Greil Mercs.
5) Supports, for the love of NAGA, do the RD exclusive characters need supports to actually flush them out