After playing through a capture only run of Fire Emblem Conquest, I realized I had way more fun with it than I did with conventional Fire Emblem. Using NPCs and unplayable characters is just cooler. With the power of cheats/hex editing, I started a run in Fire Emblem Echoes with more characters playable. Ever wanted to see the glorious Brigand Boss destroy the continent of Valentia? Well this is the run for you.
First off big thanks to darkkfan for inspiring this run. That run was one of the most fun things I've read through and I urge everyone to check it out.
I'm going to be posting pictures of my experiences throughout the days, whether it be units or chapter. I'll most likely post my thoughts on how the unit performed or which chapter were worth mentioning. Maybe I'll make a tier list at the end of it and see which NPC did the best.
Echoes NPC/Bosses Run:
The Rules/General Info:
- Since NPC's don't have growth rates of their own, they'll be using their class growth rates. Most of them are almost identical so bases and class will be mattering most
- Hard/Classic Mode
- DLC banned until part 6 for overclass
- Will try and avoid grinding, but 3d section encounters will inevitably happen.
- Mila Turnwheel allowed.
- Alm and Celica are the only base units that are usable, all other must be killed or ignored
- Boss/NPC must have their initial chapter completed before they join
- All named characters can be recruited in a map.
- Repeat Bosses such as Berkut and Fernand can only be recruited once.
- Hard Mode Bases will be used
- NPC/Bosses can join with their equipment
- Possessed Delthea, Masked Knight, Boss Deen/Sonya will be treated as different units from their base counterparts, so they are usable. Berkut will have his portrait replaced with his insidious counterpart when his chapter is passed.
- Alm's route characters: Slayde, Brigand Boss, Desaix, Zakson, Fernand, Berkut, Jerome, Tatarahh/Fallen Delthea, Hestia, Marla, Lawson, Magnus, Rudolf, Rinea, Xaizor, Gazelle, Nuibaba, Mueller
- Celica Route characters: Barth, Garth, Blake, Deen/Sonya, Dolth, Garcia, Greith, Jamil, Jedah, Mikhail, Wolff, Masked Knight
-Part 6 Characters: Cerberus, Naberius, Hades, Aurum, Argentum, Gharn, Duma
I'll post updates as I play through. If anyone has any suggestions for making the run smoother let me know.
Thanks for tuning in!
Table of Contents
Act 1 - Zofia's Call to BrigandMaster1
Act 2 - Pilgrims of the Caribbean
Act 3 Alm's Side - TILES SUCK
Act 3 Celica's Side - Valentia's Infestation