Fire Emblem Dawn Brigade Remix
The main goal of this mod is to make Meg, Aran, Edward, Fiona, Leonardo, Lethe, Lyre, Viki, Nealuchi, Laura, Kyza more usable in normal, and hard difficulty modes by altering their stat additions and growth rates. I consider the mod complete now with revision 5 released. There may be more changes however later on if I feel it needs more changes.
Even though I found the Redux mod to be interesting and highly entertaining, it didn't address what this mod specifically was designed for. The changes are meant to not stand out and your experience should stay feeling vanilla while adjusting the above.
I am using the Nightmare editor to adjust these and requires the Wii Scrubber tool to utilize this modification for your ISO. This mod is only for use in the Dolphin emulator and the U.S.A version. Instructions are below.
I'll use Edward, Leonardo, and Micaiah as an example of what has been altered.
(Adjusted Stats) HP:21 STR:9 MAG:0 SKL:12 SPD:13 LCK:9 DEF:7 RES:2
(Adjusted Stats) HP:19 STR:10 MAG:0 SKL:12 SPD:11 LCK:6 DEF:7 RES:5
(Adjusted Stats) HP:15 STR:2 MAG:7 SKL:8 SPD:7 LCK:10 DEF:2 RES:4
Base stats were not altered for Micaiah but her growth rate has been raised where I found them appropriate. You should see better level-ups.
Leonardo and Edward also received a similar growth rate change.
I'm currently learning hex editing so I have some plans to alter other things but not as to change the game flow or as broad as the Redux mod changes but alterations that should balance out the game in a more positive manner. Due to computer problems, I'm currently experiencing, hex edits may come much later.
As for this modification, it is complete. I thought I would share this with like-minded folks who felt Meg, Aran, Edward, Leonardo, Lethe, Lyre, Vika, Nealuchi, Laura, and Kyza difficult to implement into their gameplay.
Here is the Recompressed FE10data.cms file needed for using this mod.
Revision 4 - Mostly overhaul of stat additions and growth rates for members of the Dawn Brigade and a number of Laguz.
Revision 5 - Complete rebalance of all stat adds and growth rates for all playable characters.
Revision 5.1 - Complete rebalance with further adjustments to Meg, Aran, Janaki, and Edward.
Instructions for applying the mod to your ISO using Wii Scrubber.
0. Backup your original FE RD ISO before proceeding.
1. Download Wii Scrubber and extract/unzip to a folder of your choosing.
2. Go to the directory, double click on MakeKeyBin executable. Let it create the key.bin file.
3. Double click Wii scrubber executable. Click on load ISO button. Find your Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ISO and open.
4. Click the + on partition 1 and scroll down until you see fe10data.cms. Highlight and right-click using your mouse and choose to replace.
5. Navigate to recompressed fe10data.cms file. Open and let Wii Scrubber do its thing.
6. Once finished, take the newly modified ISO and place into Dolphin game directory. Choose a new ISO in Dolphin and play.
You are welcome to leave constructive feedback. If you don't agree with my sentiments on what has been altered, be free to ignore this topic and move on.