Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'edit'.
Found 4 results
In my last casual playthrough of FE7, I couldn't stand the dialogue font. Far too tall for how thin it is. With my experience messing around with roms over the years, I decided I could fix it myself. This is a personal QOL hack I made for myself, but I figured sharing it with others would be a great service. I started off by importing Sacred Stones' font. Unfortunately, I then discovered what a typographical nightmare that font is. Irregular x-heights make reading very uncomfortable, especially as a fast reader. So I made several edits to make it more palatable. Dialogue font x-heights have been normalized. The lowercase "y" is less thin. Menu fonts are also slightly modified and have had x-heights normalized. The lowercase "t" is taller. As I created it for my casual playthrough, I was able to playtest it from start to finish (Lyn Normal -> Eliwood Normal) with no issues. Here are some screenshots: FE7 Font Revamp v1.0.ips (Apply to a US FE7 ROM) Of course, I wasn't done there: there were still two other Fire Emblem games I've yet to play that feature the same crappy fonts. Well, I'm glad to announce that I have font patches available for both Sacred Stones and Binding Blade! I haven't had the chance to test either of these to a great extent, so let me know if you come across any problems. FE8 Font Revamp v1.0.ips (Apply to a US FE8 ROM) FE6 Font Revamp + Text Crawls v1.0.xdelta (Apply to Gringe's FE6 Translation v1.0) The following patch works on both the current fantranslation and the old one. It's missing text crawls, but it is functional. FE6 Font Revamp v1.0.ips (Apply to any English-patched FE6 ROM) Because this hack only modifies font graphics, almost all romhacks should be compatible! If you would like to use these font modifications in your own romhacks, feel free to do so! Credit is highly appreciated, but not necessary. Explicit permission is not needed, but I'd love to hear if you're planning on using these. I hope you are able to get as much out of these as I have!
Hey guys, Here's what's been done so far: - dumped the installed CIA as a .CXI using GodMode9 - extracted gamedata.bin.lz from .CXI file by mounting it as an Image - tried to paste edited gamedata.bin.lz within the currently installed title (mounted as image) - met with error saying I cannot paste files in a virtual game path I'm trying to edit the classes and characters using Nightmare and FEFeditor but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hey everyone. I was gone for some time... Well, that's because quiet a few things happened. Lost my computer. Lost my work. Fell ill. Lost a father. Just a lot of things really and I lost my will to sprite. Now, I'm going to start again with a new unit that is a WIP now but I hope will be able to be put as any weapon unit not filled in a game or just mooks with a large variety of weapons to use. The Man at Arms is a unit ready to give life and limb to country and his unit has been specially trained to use a variety of weapons to make them a force to be reckoned with in the battle field. Equip to for almost every situation, all this unit will need to become a pain in the enemies side is the proper weapon at the proper time. The only downside of having the ability to have so much equipment is that the weight of his armor has been lowered to compensate the arsenal of weapons he carries.