Cant enter chapter 6x

Ivellios

@Vivek: BB's not telling any1 who to use, just who sucks and he's pretty much right. If you think he's wrong, prove him wrong in a debate. Every1's free to use whomever they want and BB understands that but what's stopping him from saying what's pretty much true? Nothing.

@BB: Your arguments are falling on deaf ears. You should probably save those facts for debates and walkthroughs (and people who ask who's good and who isn't).

Fair enough. Zelda has a rep for ignorance on gfaqs anyway. I've spelled it out in plain english for him and all he can do is reply with inane comments.

Just because they aren't the best doesn't mean they suck so hard that you shouldn't use them at all.

That's the thing, there is no instance where BB has said that. A skilled player can use low tier units on hard modes if they're good enough (example, I use Ray on non-ranked FE6 playthrough. I still use Shiida past the early chapters because I've yet to try Catria and several others).

Edited by Boo

While I agree about Sheeda, I have a problem with your argument about Linda...

Before I get started, I FULLY ADMIT SHES WORTHLESS IN HM3ish-5. WORTHLESSS.

BUT, In Earlier HMs and easy mode, she's not that bad. I'm not saying she's useful, definitely not worth using over Maric unless you like her or something. She requires serious babying, yes, but her stats are not HORRIBLE.

At 20/1, her stats average about:

32/3/13/13/15/18/4/9

Not bad for a female mage really. A little slow, but doesnt make any diff in easy mode, and not much difference in HM1-2.

At 20/20, provided she gets there. (and once she gets started leveling isnt too bad)

39/3/20/20/22/30/4/14

Those stats are actually pretty good. Iffy HP, but not as though anyone expected the game's female mage to have tons anyway, same for defense, but that does really hurt her (not that Maric has tons either mind you).

Maric, 20/20:

49/3/17/23/23/20/7/15

Maric's the game's best mage, no argument there. But he doesn't beat Linda by too much to say that she's totally useless. She's not as hard to level up as Nino or Sophia, and people level them up. Her only real weaknesses are HP and a minor trailing in DEF. She beats Maric in Luck, that's effectiveness was sorta nerfed in this game =/. She also has a marginal lead in Magic, which isn't important, but is nice regardless.

Linda's not even debatably the game's best mage, and she's horrible in H5 FOR SURE, but if one is inclined to use her, she's not as bad as you're implying. She doesn't "suck" she just comes late and under-leveled. She's only bad relative to Maric... Which doesn't make her suck, it just makes her less useful because there is a better alternative.

And what's with all the Villuck comparisons? HE sucks. :D

Not bad for a female mage really. A little slow, but doesnt make any diff in easy mode, and not much difference in HM1-2.

In NM, HM 1 and 2, I can one round everything with a wet noodle so her offense doesn't help her at all. Hell, Curate Merric still does fine in the one rounding catagory on H5.

At 20/20, provided she gets there.

Keep dreaming. DM Caesar has a better chance. In fact, DM Caesar>Linda in pratically every way. Jointime, stats, you name it.

In those modes, you can one round everything with a wet noodle, making her offense no benefit at all. So yes, they are weak statistics.

Those stats are actually pretty good. Iffy HP, but not as though anyone expected the game's female mage to have tons anyway, same for defense, but that does really hurt her (not that Maric has tons either mind you).

Yes, it does hurt her. I can stick Merric in danger to save time or a unit in trouble and everything works out great. If I try Linde, dead mage.

"Maric's the game's best mage, no argument there. But he doesn't beat Linda by too much to say that she's totally useless. She's not as hard to level up as Nino or Sophia, and people level them up. Her only real weaknesses are HP and a minor trailing in DEF."

and a massive level disadvanage. I'm not joking when I say Merric will be promoted before Linde even shows.

And what's with all the Villuck comparisons? HE sucks.

exactly. I think being worse than Villuck means you're a pretty bad unit, don't you agree? Level lead, stats lead, there isn't any way he's NOT better than her, by the time she actually joins he'll be one rounding stuff. Hell, I could probably make a decent case for Gordin being better than her.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

In NM, HM 1 and 2, I can one round everything with a wet noodle so her offense doesn't help her at all. Hell, Curate Merric still does fine in the one rounding catagory on H5.

Keep dreaming. DM Caesar has a better chance. In fact, DM Caesar>Linda in pratically every way. Jointime, stats, you name it.

In those modes, you can one round everything with a wet noodle, making her offense no benefit at all. So yes, they are weak statistics.

Yes, it does hurt her. I can stick Merric in danger to save time or a unit in trouble and everything works out great. If I try Linde, dead mage.

"Maric's the game's best mage, no argument there. But he doesn't beat Linda by too much to say that she's totally useless. She's not as hard to level up as Nino or Sophia, and people level them up. Her only real weaknesses are HP and a minor trailing in DEF."

and a massive level disadvanage. I'm not joking when I say Merric will be promoted before Linde even shows.

exactly. I think being worse than Villuck means you're a pretty bad unit, don't you agree? Level lead, stats lead, there isn't any way he's NOT better than her, by the time she actually joins he'll be one rounding stuff. Hell, I could probably make a decent case for Gordin being better than her.

I agree with everything you said, I'm just saying that if someone is inclined to use her, they're not as dead in the water as "Linda sucks" implies. She gets some usefullness from this game's complete lack of resistance though, so she WILL be able to damage mamkutes more significantly than Villuck, lol. But YES, she is a BAD unit, not the WORST, but definitely BAD. Agree?

And XD, Villuck is terrible. He's actually probably top 5 worst unpromoted characters in this game =/... They should have made Roshe/Villuck USABLE instead of making Zagaro/Wolf BROKEN...

Edited by thunderstrife

She gets some usefullness from this game's complete lack of resistance though

You realize enemy def sucks almost as much as enemy res, right? Also, she doesn't really benefit from it as I just said, you can one round enemies in this game with little more than a wet noodle. Defense beats offense in this game unless your offense is made of total epic fail.

so she WILL be able to damage mamkutes more significantly than Villuck

Solution: Dragonslayer. Also, magic mamkutes are immune to magic, and Villuck doubles them, so he's actually WINNING on some of them. Hell, throw him a silver [Don't even tell me that's favoritism, you have more money than the Trump Empire] and he can probably take the fires. Actually, even a Dragonslayer wouldn't be favoritism since the secret shop in C17 has six of them at the WHOPPING cost of under 1k apeice with the silver card. There goes the one thing Linde might have been useful for.

And XD, Villuck is terrible.

Not anymore. You realize he got a major buff, right? Him and Caesar both.

He's actually probably top 5 worst unpromoted characters in this game =/

lol. Not even. He's not even low tier on NM.

if anything, that's like [fail to most fail]

Gordin

Tomas

Macallen

Roshea

Est

or something like that

They should have made Roshe/Villuck USABLE

Villuck IS usable. He starts out with slightly worse bases than Abel/Cain, has worse growth rates, and comes significantly later. He's far from spectatulor, but he's not even half as useless as he used to be. And he's certiantly much better than Linde.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

Hell, throw him a silver [Don't even tell me that's favoritism, you have more money than the Trump Empire] and he can probably take the fires.
It's not even favortism anyway, since Linde is toting Aura around.

Or in a different perspective, Linde is the one having favortism, since she is no longer guaranteed Aura.

You realize enemy def sucks almost as much as enemy res, right? Also, she doesn't really benefit from it as I just said, you can one round enemies in this game with little more than a wet noodle. Defense beats offense in this game unless your offense is made of total epic fail.

Solution: Dragonslayer. Also, magic mamkutes are immune to magic, and Villuck doubles them, so he's actually WINNING on some of them. Hell, throw him a silver [Don't even tell me that's favoritism, you have more money than the Trump Empire] and he can probably take the fires. Actually, even a Dragonslayer wouldn't be favoritism since the secret shop in C17 has six of them at the WHOPPING cost of under 1k apeice with the silver card. There goes the one thing Linde might have been useful for.

Not anymore. You realize he got a major buff, right? Him and Caesar both.

lol. Not even. He's not even low tier on NM.

if anything, that's like [fail to most fail]

Gordin

Tomas

Macallen

Roshea

Est

or something like that

Villuck IS usable. He starts out with slightly worse bases than Abel/Cain, has worse growth rates, and comes significantly later. He's far from spectatulor, but he's not even half as useless as he used to be. And he's certiantly much better than Linde.

Ah, I hadn't really looked at them, I figured they kept most characters around the same growths and such -_-;. I keep thinking of this game as FE1/3 on the DS <_<... So I guess I'll have to take a fine tooth comb to everybody's new growths and such...

I blame Linda's slowness on those sandals.... I know I'm going to use her no matter what when the game comes out, so whatever. I would never kill Linda in a Gaiden chapter playthrough because she's one of my favorite characters around.

I blame Linda's slowness on those sandals....

Oh yeah. Sure. Right. :rolleyes:

They are hawt, though. About the only thing she's good for.

About Linda>Merric in book 2...

I should actually look into that. I'm not entirely sure that she surpasses them upon jointime in Book 2 because I haven't played that in forever, and all Merric/Elran need to do is win durability to wind up better than her. Of course, she does have utility early on, but Merric/Elran win lategame. Not to mention, power rings are as unwanted as ever in book 2, and there's even power SCROLLS now.

Now that one has to go to Linda. Better jointime, better HP/Def [You know something's up when LINDA'S winning that] Resire to up her durability lead even more...and still one rounding everything on the map.

Oh yeah. Sure. Right. :rolleyes:

They are hawt, though. About the only thing she's good for.

About Linda>Merric in book 2...

I should actually look into that. I'm not entirely sure that she surpasses them upon jointime in Book 2 because I haven't played that in forever, and all Merric/Elran need to do is win durability to wind up better than her. Of course, she does have utility early on, but Merric/Elran win lategame. Not to mention, power rings are as unwanted as ever in book 2, and there's even power SCROLLS now.

Actually, it'd be hotter if she didn't have them. (why I liked her in the first place, if you take a look at Fire Emblem 1 and 3 her)

Then again, Fire Emblem 3 is what she does best!

• 11 years later...
On 12/9/2008 at 9:22 PM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

You probably did the same mistake every newbie makes on this one.

Before beating chapter 6, your total party (as in every1 in the entire freaking army) must have only 15 people or less to choose from in the preparation screen. If you did happen to have only 15 on the prep screen and recruited Rickard but kept him alive, well there's your problem... Rickard should've been killed because him staying alive put the unit count up to 16.

If you happen to have 20 on the prep screen, you must bring 5 in the chapter just to have them killed (and kill/not recruit rickard).

what a brag. sheesh