FE4 Noobs unite...

This is false. Class bases are taken off the numbers needed for the child's bases, so promoting someone doesn't do anything for that.

This happened to me once:

I failed to promote Ethlin, and Althena comes with 3 HP, 1 STR, 1 SPD, and something else lower than she usually should.

Not really that much of differences, but still… =/

Edited by Tiltyu

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed to promote Ethlin, and Althena comes with 3 HP, 1 STR, 1 SPD, and something else lower than she usually should.

When I played FE4 the averages of the children seemed a little too high for me so I assumed that they got the max level of all the parents.

I am probably wrong though.

Edited by Julius

Promo bonus is just the character's stats being adjusted for the bases of their new class. There is no actual 'bonus' per se. So Steve in class A with a base of 2 and an actual stat of 10 promoting to class B with a base of 5 will get a 'bonus' of 3, but it's actually just him being changed to the base of the new class.

And as you can see there for inheritance the class base is taken off the actual stat.

And no, you don't need to replay FE4 >:O

Oh really? I thought they were count.

Maybe I need to play the game again. ._.

FE4 stats are composed of class base (which can go from 0 to 15) and personal growth (which is 0-15 as well). Naturally, promotion gains enter in the class base part of the formula - otherwise, no non-prepromoted character would ever be able to reach 30 in a non-luck stat.

Also, children's stats have a random factor, as well.

And no, you don't need to replay FE4 >:o

The fact you've grown to hate this game doesn't change the feelings of the rest of the community about it, Tristan.

Edited by TheEnd

Well it should ;_;

I don't hate it anyway, I hate the flagrant unwarranted overhypery. 6/10... there is quite a ways down from that before reaching hate-worthy games in my list.

Speaking of which, there are too many people who have jumped the bandwagon of "Gaiden is great". I'm just in it for the Celica Map 1 BGM and that's... it...?

Speaking of which, there are too many people who have jumped the bandwagon of "Gaiden is great". I'm just in it for the Celica Map 1 BGM and that's... it...?

Gaiden is fun. I'm currently playing on Chapter 4 myself, but like I always said before, it doesn't feel like FE at all. -_-

The only problem I have is that I DON'T get any random dropped items from the enemies! ;_;

Where is Shooting Star? Where is Moonlight? Where is Sun? Where is Angel Ring? Where? WHERE? ;_______;

Gaiden is fun. I'm currently playing on Chapter 4 myself, but like I always said before, it doesn't feel like FE at all. -_-

The only problem I have is that I DON'T get any random dropped items from the enemies! ;_;

Where is Shooting Star? Where is Moonlight? Where is Sun? Where is Angel Ring? Where? WHERE? ;_______;

In the sky!

Gaiden is a good game. Not so much for a FE game, but on it's own against the vast majority of other games, it stands out pretty good.

Also: Abuse.

In the sky!

Gaiden is a good game. Not so much for a FE game, but on it's own against the vast majority of other games, it stands out pretty good.

Also: Abuse.

WHERE??

Abuse what?

And curse you Alm!

Awesome you may be, but why your chapters are so much harder than Celica's!? >:(

Edited by Tiltyu

WHERE??

IN THE SKY, CAN YOU NOT SEE THEM?! SUN, MOONLIGHT, SHOOTING STARS, AND AN ANGEL WITH A RING!!

Abuse what?

Villagers.

And curse you Alm!

Awesome you may be, but why your chapters are so much harder than Celica's!? >:(

Because his Thunder Sword is more awesome than you :?

:o Kidding.

Because you have to level them. A lot.

IN THE SKY, CAN YOU NOT SEE THEM?! SUN, MOONLIGHT, SHOOTING STARS, AND AN ANGEL WITH A RING!!

You are lame. <_<

Villagers.

No thank you. I abuse Mage. =P

Because his Thunder Sword is more awesome than you :?

:o Kidding.

Because you have to level them. A lot.

Regal Sword >>> Thunder Sword

I think I depend too much on Mages, seeing that Alm's party is a bit short in Magic users... :mellow:

Don't tell me you don't know Magic Fighters can promote back into Villagers.

Oh no, I do. But it takes a long time before they can reach Magic Fighter class, so I got lazy in training them.

I prefer the actual Mage.

Oh, crap, this is all wrong...

AideenXJamka is fine...

Alec talked to Sylvia, I didn't know that it raised love points... CRAP.

LachesisXLex is coming as good as it seems it would, but I'm sticking to it anyways.

Azel... crap, he's floating towards Aideen, hurry up, Tiltyu...

Ethlin is now level 18. Yum. Finn is level 17. Dew... I simply can't train him, maybe next playthrough.

LevinXFury is going strong, probably my most confident couple here.

AyraXHolyn. Now that I think about it, Meteor does negate moonlight. She'll pair with Lex next time.

Sylvia. Crap. Claude, don't wait up.

Oh, crap, this is all wrong...

AideenXJamka is fine...

Alec talked to Sylvia, I didn't know that it raised love points... CRAP.

LachesisXLex is coming as good as it seems it would, but I'm sticking to it anyways.

Azel... crap, he's floating towards Aideen, hurry up, Tiltyu...

Ethlin is now level 18. Yum. Finn is level 17. Dew... I simply can't train him, maybe next playthrough.

LevinXFury is going strong, probably my most confident couple here.

AyraXHolyn. Now that I think about it, Meteor does negate moonlight. She'll pair with Lex next time.

Sylvia. Crap. Claude, don't wait up.

As long as Jamka/Edin is fine, don't you worry too much on Azel. Chances are he won't pair up with her. Take it easy.

ALEC/Sylvia on the other hand....good luck sir, you need to play faster to pair Claude/Sylvia up.

I don't see the other pairings will become a trouble later on.

Ayra!Holyn > Ayra!Lex, trust me. It allows you to use Elite on someone else, and Lakche and Skasaha need it the least in the whole game

It's not that simple. Both of those kids are around the longest, and neither of them can staff/dance/steal for EXP, and both destroy every arena, making them the single most efficient candidates of Elite. They don't _need_ Elite, but it's very handy to have it on both anyway, since this way they leave more field kills for others.

It's more of a ranked pairing than anything due to the uber gay EXP rank, but it can't be dismissed as simply as "lol holyn >>> cos they dont need elite".

Actually I always find Moonlight Hit and Shooting Star combination disappointing, thus I went to Lex/Ayra.

Holyn makes a better candidate for Bridget, IMO.

making them the single most efficient candidates of Elite. They don't _need_ Elite, but it's very handy to have it on both anyway, since this way they leave more field kills for others.

The characters which need Elite the most should get it, can you deny that? Lachesis!Lex clearly needs it more, so why not them?

He's not playing ranked, so efficiency doesn't matter as much.

And it's more advantageous to have the efficiency more balanced. If two very efficient units and two less efficient units are used, instead of 4 more or less equally efficient units, it'd be worse in most cases. Exception for me is Sety.

Lachesis!Lex is one of the, if not the best pairing for Lachesis.

It's more of a ranked pairing than anything due to the uber gay EXP rank, but it can't be dismissed as simply as "lol holyn >>> cos they dont need elite".

Sure, in a ranked run it could help more (kill more in earlier chapters thanks to stronger Lakche and Skasaha which will let you clear chapters faster and more exp). Why should I even mention something that is connected with a ranked run to him? Pointless.

In a ranked run, I'd rather use Lex!Ayra, because they don't have to take kills from mounted units in order to train since they already have high levels.

Come on, I was obviously talking about his run.

Actually I always find Moonlight Hit and Shooting Star combination disappointing, thus I went to Lex/Ayra.

Noish.

Actually, on paper, the children are even stronger than Elite Lakche and Skasaha because of Critical and Charge.. they could help rank more if you like give Lex to someone else. Haven't thought this through very well though.

Edited by Julius

What about Noish? Are you saying I should make Noish/Ayra pairing?

No thanks, I don't even touch him after the Prologue.

Lakche can one-round Julius in Chapter 10 if Noish is her father.

You don't have to train him. Just keep him close to Ayra. The chapters are so large that this shouldn't be a problem.

Lakche can one-round Julius in Chapter 10 if Noish is her father.

You don't have to train him. Just keep him close to Ayra. The chapters are so large that this shouldn't be a problem.

Lex!Lackhe can also one-round him with a Hero Sword. -_-

On the paper Noish/Ayra may look better, but to me in the end they become just the same.

I prefer Lex/Ayra, because extra defense never hurt. Ayra's DEF is sadly kind of laughable to me, despite having 20% just like the majority characters.