Apparently Levail is not immune to leathiality

Mufasa

Actually, I only made this topic to discuss how awesome it was that Volke filleted Levail. Ninji was the one that brought Sothe up. I didn't want to turn this into a debate. But he said that Sothe was 100% more useful than Volke. Which, though Sothe may be more useful than Volke In the minds of the demented. Lol He is NOT 100% better than Volke. So I had to slap some sense into the Sothe Fanboy that is Ninji.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies.

Using the incredibley deadly combination of Baselard, Gamble and Volke, (And a C support with Stefan) I had Volke attack Levail, and Volke activated Leathiality.

It was beautiful. I don't care that Volke can't open chests, anyone who says Sothe is better deserves to hang upside down 30 feet in the air for three hours while they think about what they've done.

You started it in the first post.

Also, I hate Sothe. :/

Edit: Oh, wait, Fox already pointed this out. lol

Edited by Crawdaunt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies.

You started it in the first post.

Also, I hate Sothe. :/

Yeah. Sorry about that.

Sometimes the bias goes to my head.

Hell, let's not beat around the bush. Bias is a brain tumor that surrounds my head, protecting my brain from logic and rational thought. Which is redundant. Thus proving my point.

._.

'K. Everyone's biased. It's not like you're the only one.

NO!! I AM THE ONLY BIAS ONE!!! ME!!! AND YOU WILL NEVER GET ME TO CHANGE MY OPINION!!! BECAUSE I AM BIAS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sothe is more likely to Bane the opponent, but Volke is more useful in the Endgame, and no more.

Well he isn't around much else. <_<

Which doesn't make Volke a bad unit. Just like Sothe being around a lot, doesn't make him a good unit.

Well he isn't around much else. <_<

Which doesn't make Volke a bad unit. Just like Sothe being around a lot, doesn't make him a good unit.

Uhhh... That's exactly why they're bad and good, respectively.

Sothe is a dominant fighter in part 1, not to mention all that thieving utility he has (60% greater chance of finding master seals, beastfoe, etc than others, stealing vulneraries and discipline in the earlygame). All that Volke's got going for him is being a decent endgame filler. Why the hell are people trying to argue Volke > Sothe?

Which doesn't make Volke a bad unit.
No, it just makes him useless. Not necessarily bad, just useless.
Just like Sothe being around a lot, doesn't make him a good unit.
Yes, it does. Edited by Nathan Graves

No, it just makes him useless. Not necessarily bad, just useless.

Yes, it does.

No it doesn't. Meg is around a lot. That doesn't make her the best unit in the game.

And the Laguz kings are around very little. That doesn't make them the worst.

For those who are interested, I stated my case in the debate topic with Fox.

No it doesn't. Meg is around a lot. That doesn't make her the best unit in the game.

For those who are interested, I stated my case in the debate topic with Fox.

It does mean, however, that Meg is more useful than the Laguz Royals.

I just say that Volke is around a lot less. That doesn't mean that Sothe's best.

Right.

From when Volke joins to the endgame, Volke is consistantly good.

From when Sothe joins, he's good, but as time passes, he slowly dwindles in power, until he's just there for show.

I don't really use Sothe except to find things and to steal Physic Staves. He is useful in the desert chapter, but that's because of his movement. And because he can double most enemies on that map.

Volke + Iron Dagger = Awesome.

Sothe+Paragon+Peshkatz = Good.

Volke+Baselard = Really Awesome.

Sothe+Baselard = Not so Awesome.

My opinions^.

In the desert chapter I usually use Jill Harr, or Naesala to find the items. Sure they might not find it on the first turn they get on the square, but they'll find it before Sothe manages to drag himself over to that spot.

Sothe: I'm here! Finally! Hm? Where's Baselard?

Jill: <_< I already found it you idiot. Along with the white gem and the laguz gem.

Sothe: ....

Naesala: Yeah. And I found Dragonfoe. Try to keep up cripple.

Sothe: B-but-

Sigrun: I was even able to find the coin and the Daemon Card before you got there.

Harr: Yeah! You suck Sothe!

Stefan: I killed Numida. That's not really finding something. But I wanted to share that with everyone.

Sothe: B-but!

Black Knight: Get out of here loser. Go kill yourself. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T CAUSE BANE LEAVES ONE HP!

*The all laugh at Sothe, who throws himself off a cliff.*

Edited by Lyle Dayek

In the desert chapter I usually use Jill Harr, or Naesala to find the items. Sure they might not find it on the first turn they get on the square, but they'll find it before Sothe manages to drag himself over to that spot.

Good point. I normally give Ike Haar and Tibarn Jill. Naesala finds things pretty quickly, though.

Lyle, your hatred for Sothe is pretty hilarious. I don't think there's a person in the world that hates anything as much as you hate Sothe. That last post was f'ing hilarious. I don't use Sothe to pick up treasure in that chapter either unless the others are busy fighting. Nice counter in the debate topic. You and Fox both have good points. Why can't you guys just call a truce? They're both good in their own ways.

Edited by KSFF2150

Lyle, your hatred for Sothe is pretty hilarious. I don't think there's a person in the world that hates anything as much as you hate Sothe. That last post was f'ing hilarious. I don't use Sothe to pick up treasure in that chapter either unless the others are busy fighting. Nice counter in the debate topic. You and Fox both have good points. Why can't you guys just call a truce? They're both good in their own ways.

Lol. I wouldn't have this much hatred for Sothe if he had a higher STR cap, OR if he wasn't forced. I feel like I HAVE to deal with his crippledness, and that's what annoys me. If I could chose Volke to take Sothe's place in the endgame, I wouldn't have a problem with Sothe. As things stand. I have to take Sothe.

I DO use him though. I'm not stupid. I just hate him.

As for a truce, We've kinda had that for a while now, but this discussion always comes up, so it's about time we settle this.

About finding stuff in the desert chapter; since Sigrun and possibly Tanith aren't always used, having them rescue him and move him around the map with Leanne's help is the fastest way to find items.

That's a really inefficient way to do it, as it exposes the Sigrun, Tanith, and Leanne to danger. And there are plenty of people with bows and bowguns in that level. Plus, that takes up three unit's to do the job that one could do. I find that Jill and Harr are the best for the job, as they really aren't harmed by bows at all, can move fast, and there aren't many thuder mages in that chapter. Sure it may take a few turns to find the specific item, but they can fly to a certain space, kill an enemy unit, and go back to the space where the item is. If they find it, they can move on to the next hidden item.

Which then leaves Tanith, Sigrun, and Leanne to do more important things, like taking out enemies on the side. Except for Leanne, in which case she will be moving others with poor movement across them map with a little more haste. Units like Sothe. OR Stefan.

It's actually a very efficient way to do it. It allows Jill and Haar to fight more and gets the items faster. No one is going out to find the items at the start of the chapter anyway, and Sigrun especially isn't likely fighting since she's such a terrible unit.

Meg is rather crap for the time she is around. Sothe is very valuable for the time he's around. There's a difference.
That makes them a lot better than Volke. Their offense is so much more rape than all your units for the endgame.

Haar and Jill have at best roughly 50% chance to find items in the desert, and that's given the best biorhythm. On average it's more like a 30% chance, which is not reliable at all, and having to return and wait on a particular spot is inefficient. In addition, base level Tanith and Sigrun have incredibly bad offense on that chapter and are very fragile, so they're not helping you much anyway. Sothe also isn't running ahead of your fliers, and since his offense sucks you can just ferry him around and have him pick up stuff near your starting point.

Why do you keep comparing Sothe with Meg? Meg isn't good at base level and never becomes good over the length of her availability, and she doesn't possess theif utilities. A fairer comparison would be like Sothe vs. Zihark, who isn't total ass upon joining.