Apparently Levail is not immune to leathiality

Mufasa

Meg is rather crap for the time she is around. Sothe is very valuable for the time he's around. There's a difference.

That makes them a lot better than Volke. Their offense is so much more rape than all your units for the endgame.

Actually, Meg gets much better as time passes. And Sothe isn't valuable for the time he's around. That's my point. He's good in the first part, but after that he gets worse and worse.

I don't really understand your point in that second thing. Sorry.

Haar and Jill have at best roughly 50% chance to find items in the desert, and that's given the best biorhythm. On average it's more like a 30% chance, which is not reliable at all, and having to return and wait on a particular spot is inefficient. In addition, base level Tanith and Sigrun have incredibly bad offense on that chapter and are very fragile, so they're not helping you much anyway. Sothe also isn't running ahead of your fliers, and since his offense sucks you can just ferry him around and have him pick up stuff near your starting point.

Why do you keep comparing Sothe with Meg? Meg isn't good at base level and never becomes good over the length of her availability, and she doesn't possess theif utilities. A fairer comparison would be like Sothe vs. Zihark, who isn't total ass upon joining.

I fail to see how the bold part is related to itself.

-Jill and Harr have a 50/50 shot at best, that's still pretty good. Especialy when it will take them 2 turns to get to the spot where Baselard is, and three turns to actually get Baselard, on average, which sums up to 5 turns. Sothe will probably take 7 turns to get there and that's WITH Leanne.

-You're compromising your other units to get Sothe to get the items. It's not like all Jill and Harr are doing is waiting to get the item, they're also taking out enemies that attack them, and canto allows them to move and attack, and then return to the space where the item is.

-I train Tanith usually, and she ends up much better off than Sigrun, Well enough to defend herself from all but Bowguns, which if you're smart, you can avoid.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how the bold part is related to itself.

The point is, with 3 move he's not fighting much on that chapter, if at all.

-Jill and Harr have a 50/50 shot at best, that's still pretty good. Especialy when it will take them 2 turns to get to the spot where Baselard is, and three turns to actually get Baselard, on average, which sums up to 5 turns. Sothe will probably take 7 turns to get there and that's WITH Leanne.

It's 50% only if you Bliss them with Leanne, otherwise the average of 30% is more relevant since at worst, it can be 10% instead. Baselard also isn't the only worthwhile item on that map. Admittedly, Sothe probably isn't going to be finding the Laguz Gem... but it's more efficient to have Sigrun carry Sothe around and find items (they're both required on that chapter and neither is doing much) while Haar/Jill/mages go on offense.

-You're compromising your other units to get Sothe to get the items. It's not like all Jill and Harr are doing is waiting to get the item, they're also taking out enemies that attack them, and canto allows them to move and attack, and then return to the space where the item is.

Even with re-move, you're still sacrificing movement and positioning to find the item, and you're basically halving your movement range if you don't find the item the first turn.

-I train Tanith usually, and she ends up much better off than Sigrun, Well enough to defend herself from all but Bowguns, which if you're smart, you can avoid.

Personal experience, Tanith isn't guaranteed to be used, etc. Being better than Sigrun is not a tough feat anyway.

The point is, with 3 move he's not fighting much on that chapter, if at all.

It's 50% only if you Bliss them with Leanne, otherwise the average of 30% is more relevant since at worst, it can be 10% instead. Baselard also isn't the only worthwhile item on that map. Admittedly, Sothe probably isn't going to be finding the Laguz Gem... but it's more efficient to have Sigrun carry Sothe around and find items (they're both required on that chapter and neither is doing much) while Haar/Jill/mages go on offense.

Even with re-move, you're still sacrificing movement and positioning to find the item, and you're basically halving your movement range if you don't find the item the first turn.

Personal experience, Tanith isn't guaranteed to be used, etc. Being better than Sigrun is not a tough feat anyway.

I find that Jill and Harr can find the items faster than Sothe can get to where the items are. Maybe I'm just lucky. Plus, where Baselard is, there are plenty of enemy units to keep the two of them occupied. Then I send my other people down the flank where Stefan is, and then attack Numida from his weak side. At which point Jill and Harr will have found Baselard, and the white gem. And Stefan is usually good with finding the Laguz gem, I'll have already gotten dragon foe with Naesala earlier, or with Sothe since it's within reach, and the Daemon card with a random slow unit that I won't use for the endgame. Like Nolan, or Aran(in some cases) or Edward, anyone that I feel. Or maybe even Tanith.

Actually, Meg gets much better as time passes. And Sothe isn't valuable for the time he's around. That's my point. He's good in the first part, but after that he gets worse and worse.
He's good in the third part too. Just as good as your other units if not slightly better. Part IV is his lag time, which everyone in the Dawn Brigade has anyway.

Meg gets average at best as time passes. Her gains are average overall, not particularly spectacular.

I don't really understand your point in that second thing. Sorry.
The Laguz Kings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone in your army during the endgame. Tibarn, Nailah, and Naesala are pretty rape in Part IV as well.

Am I the only one whose Haar is ALWAYS put to sleep? It's so frustrating and takes longer for me to beat the chapter but it's funny at the same time cause its his personality to fall asleep anywhere. My first objective of the map is to kill the purge bishop with Naesala cause he'll just rape sleeping Haar in a few turns. As for finding treasure, I usually have Sigrun fly Sothe around the map. Neither of them are going to be doing much on that map so they might as well do something useful instead of being dead weight.

Edited by KSFF2150

-He is if you let him steal all the EXP from everyone in part 1.

Not if you use him as a shield. This is the best way to use him in Part 1. Just have him unequip his weapons, have enemy NPCs attack him, then have people behind him use ranged weapons to kill them. This is a great way to get everyone to catch up to him. To prevent him from dying in Part 3, give him paragon so he can level up as much as he can before he auto-promotes.

Sorry for posting twice and oddly like that, but when I read through the first few pages no one was talking about this strategy.

Edited by Yourgranny

Sothe>>>>>>Volke.

Seriously, Sothe is one of the offensive and defensive characters in part 1 and the best offensive character in the DB's part 3 because of beastkiller (except for BK, who shows up for one chapter.)

In part 4, he's obviously doing less damage but he can still kill swordmasters, mages and priests so he isn't completely worthless.

Oh. Cool. Volke shows up one chapter before the endgame. It's unlikely for him to get many kills in that chapter because of innate stillness (no one will attack him,) and by the time you get to the endgame he's basically just filler. Not only is the endgame easy as hell, but your entire army should be stronger then Volke. If your army isn't strong enough, then throw in one of the invincible royals that the game gives you during the last chapter. Volke doesn't contribute a lot, whereas Sothe does. Sothe is easily a high-top tier unit because of part 1 and 3 performance alone. Volke shows up at the end and brings absolutely nothing. Hell, he isn't even good in the endgame. He's hardly killing the armours in the first part, if he kills at all, and he's going to have to need lethality constantly to actually be a good unit. Oh, also, he has two choices for weapons. The weak 2 peshkatz, or the strong one range baselard. Take your pick, they both suck.

And also, Sothe come with an A support with Micaiah and can support a ton of other units throughout the game. Odds are, Volke won't support at all, meaning Sothe's stats will probably be even higher then Volkes.

Sothe>>>>>>Volke.

Finally, someone is right about sothe ^^

It's true, he is not the best unit of the game. But when did thief and rogue became, killing machine??Never. It's what make volke better in combat, because of his high critical and big damage. But sothe is still a good fighter for his class (His average strenght of 28 + 18 + 1 for his support with Micaiah = 47 damage, and he double about all ennemy, even swordmaster).And the Bane attack is still better than doing 15 damage 2 times on a general who have like 50 hp, because you can achieve the ennemy with a weaker unit like Nolan or Edward because they may lack of training.

Not if you use him as a shield. This is the best way to use him in Part 1. Just have him unequip his weapons, have enemy NPCs attack him, then have people behind him use ranged weapons to kill them. This is a great way to get everyone to catch up to him. To prevent him from dying in Part 3, give him paragon so he can level up as much as he can before he auto-promotes.

Sorry for posting twice and oddly like that, but when I read through the first few pages no one was talking about this strategy.

that's stupid lol, no offense or anything

Best way is to give him bronze daggers and knives until your units get a lot of level ups, then you can upgrade his weaponry. Even though bronze is pretty much all that's available until chapter 7 anyway. He really doesn't kill that often, though Kard does (Kard is a shitty weapon, by the way).

Edited by Nathan Graves

Finally, someone is right about sothe ^^

It's true, he is not the best unit of the game. But when did thief and rogue became, killing machine??Never. It's what make volke better in combat, because of his high critical and big damage. But sothe is still a good fighter for his class (His average strenght of 28 + 18 + 1 for his support with Micaiah = 47 damage, and he double about all ennemy, even swordmaster).And the Bane attack is still better than doing 15 damage 2 times on a general who have like 50 hp, because you can achieve the ennemy with a weaker unit like Nolan or Edward because they may lack of training.

No one said he was the best in the game, but he's damn good. Volke's combat may be better, but it's still pretty mediocre.

And Micaiah's support grants +2 attack.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire