Do you find online frustrating?

GenG

I also faced a hacker a few hours ago I only saw 4 members of his team Ellice,who had 99/10 uses on all her staffs, a dragon that attacked from 3 squares away unless it was invisible or something. A lv 3 Minerva who capped everything. And a Merric with *drum roll* Imhullu who was still a mage.

I met those as well! Marth almost killed the dragon, but the game froze during battle.

Edited by Tamara

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a shame since even though he hacked I stood a chance with my team and judging by your post it sounds like you weren't losing. All 5 of my characters were still alive. My plan for next turn was to kill Minerva with my legit Merric and someone else who was nearby with ranged weapons since she had the A-level axe. And I think Castor could take one or two hits from the dragon. And seeing as imhullu had about 30% chance of hitting Castor I'd just put someone else on the throne if he dies. I can't remember his name but I think the team name was "A"

btw there was an error in the last post I just remember Castor retailated against the dragon with a forged iron sword (just 15 mt) so it was invisible and in a one square range

(Tetris DS or Tetris Party?)

its a shame since even though he hacked I stood a chance with my team and judging by your post it sounds like you weren't losing. All 5 of my characters were still alive. My plan for next turn was to kill Minerva with my legit Merric and someone else who was nearby with ranged weapons since she had the A-level axe. And I think Castor could take one or two hits from the dragon. And seeing as imhullu had about 30% chance of hitting Castor I'd just put someone else on the throne if he dies. I can't remember his name but I think the team name was "A"

Yes the characters themselves are not much of a problem. They aren't that strong (the dragon) or have next to no chance of hitting you (Merric). Once you reach the castle it's pretty obvious where they are. Take out the one on the throne with a strong character and once you take the castle, there is not much that hacker can do. If you have decent characters, his will die if they attack yours.

2x against a very strong player, Sek, who had a killer Catria and a fairly dangerous Est. I guess I could take on most of his (her?) team with a solid strategy, but there is no way my team could take on a Catria with extreme def and res and a collection of forged and legendary weapons. It was as if there was a BK walking around the battlefield! The first time I gave up, but the second time the connection died...

3x against cheaters. I turned the DS off as soon as I noticed it. One had characters with 32 or 33 movement, another one had invisible characters with the same movement and another one had characters with all stats maxed.

Sorry about the connection death. I was unaware of it at the time, but now I know if I bring my DS too low to the floor, connection problems spawn. Stupid brick walls and high windows......

I stick to the legendary weapons if you don't have forged stuff, and same with the brave weapons, I don't use them unless the opponent does. That was a more casual team I use for random play in an attempt to stop people surrendering before I do anything. My more competitive team has Catria, Palla, and Est to hunt down Slax's Beck and Linde.*still needs to beat his artillery team*

Dazzle card would make most non-brave, forged weapons into 'legendary' level (18ish MT?) with a higher hit rate and thats not so bad is it? If its not a brave weapon, its mostly criticals which kill my characters off.

I do what you do against cheaters too, hopefully they'll get bored when they can't flaunt their hacks and they'll stop trying to.

By the way what was your team called?

(Tetris DS or Tetris Party?)

Yes the characters themselves are not much of a problem. They aren't that strong (the dragon) or have next to no chance of hitting you (Merric). Once you reach the castle it's pretty obvious where they are. Take out the one on the throne with a strong character and once you take the castle, there is not much that hacker can do. If you have decent characters, his will die if they attack yours.

yea now that I think about it his/her tactics were pretty shitty. Before I killed marth's sister I looked @her 99/X staffs one of them was warp...he/she could have warped Merric to the throne on there first turn and I'd be screwed although I'd probably attack him causing a freeze.

Try Out. Just some units from my first playthrough. They were good enough to win me some cards, but I'm currently working on a better team. It should be done in a day or two.

Sorry about the connection death

Don't worry about it, I would have lost anyway :D Atleast you didn't let your battery die during a match like I did last night

I fought this one person called KAOS (team cataclysm)but i could not for the life of me work out if they were or weren't a hacker. I should have paid more attention to their units, but I know they had est with 14 mag and merric with 30 mag (swordmaster). Paulla as a sniper, Sedgar as a berserker and Tiki. All had max health, speed, str, def. I can't figure out how this is possible, even with RNG screwed units and all the HP increasing items, it doesn't seem to make sense. . .

Merric as a RNG screwed mage can get max 20ish mag, so with all the pumps, that goes to 30. Est as a 20/20 sage gets 14 Magic (again RNG screwed). But there is basically no way to get all 5 units to max health. Sedgar will do it on his own, but the others need 2 or 3 items each to get max, on top of an RNG blessed unit.

Merric had max def and mag, that alone seems impossible enough.

Does anyone know of any combinations that get merric over 10 def and 20 mag?

EDIT: I found it is *just* possible to get merric to those stats with RNG blessings and all of the pumps, but then it's impossible to get the other characters to their respective stats. So conclusion: hacker.

Edited by Sylvan

Don't swordmasters cap magic at 20?

Getting Merric to cap magic as a swordmaster isn't that hard (if you use some spirit dust), but def? If you level him as a magic user, then turn him into a swordmaster, he's probably get 8-11 def. Even if you add all the stat boosts, he isn't likely to cap def as a swordmaster.

(What I hate right now is that my connection is an unreliable piece of poo. Almost all my losses from the past two days were from disconnections >_<)

Edited by Tamara

Merric was a sage with max mag and def, est was a swordmaster with 14 mag.

I'm lucky I've only dropped out 1 time, but yeah recording a loss sucks. If you get the error for disconnecting, just turn it off. I don't think anyone will blame you for not wanting a loss on your local console.

Swordmaster!Est porably can get decent magic by training her as a mage/sage/cleric, but it would ruin her strength. You'd get a swordmaster with poor damage output that only excels in dodging. Training her as a swordsmaster would give her 12 magic at most (stat boosts included), I think.

Sage!Merric with max def? Very unlikely. He has nice def growth for a mage, but not that nice! You'd have to waste all your stats boosts on them to reach 20 and those boosters are better spend on other units.

I fought this one person called KAOS (team cataclysm)but i could not for the life of me work out if they were or weren't a hacker. I should have paid more attention to their units, but I know they had est with 14 mag and merric with 30 mag (swordmaster). Paulla as a sniper, Sedgar as a berserker and Tiki. All had max health, speed, str, def. I can't figure out how this is possible, even with RNG screwed units and all the HP increasing items, it doesn't seem to make sense. . .

Merric as a RNG screwed mage can get max 20ish mag, so with all the pumps, that goes to 30. Est as a 20/20 sage gets 14 Magic (again RNG screwed). But there is basically no way to get all 5 units to max health. Sedgar will do it on his own, but the others need 2 or 3 items each to get max, on top of an RNG blessed unit.

Merric had max def and mag, that alone seems impossible enough.

Does anyone know of any combinations that get merric over 10 def and 20 mag?

EDIT: I found it is *just* possible to get merric to those stats with RNG blessings and all of the pumps, but then it's impossible to get the other characters to their respective stats. So conclusion: hacker.

I battled the KAOS(team Requiem I think?) guy a few times as well, except his Merric was a sage with maxed magic, defense, and probably all the other stats too and 60 HP. Of course, whenever they get into a losing position(critical hits FTW) they just disconnect like the fags they are. Seriously its your turn and you know you can't win, why not surrender, that IS the function of that button. For fucks sake what are they going to do, brag about their flawless record at their local hacker's club?

Swordmaster!Est porably can get decent magic by training her as a mage/sage/cleric, but it would ruin her strength. You'd get a swordmaster with poor damage output that only excels in dodging. Training her as a swordsmaster would give her 12 magic at most (stat boosts included), I think.

Sage!Merric with max def? Very unlikely. He has nice def growth for a mage, but not that nice! You'd have to waste all your stats boosts on them to reach 20 and those boosters are better spend on other units.

I believe his swordmaster also had max strength, skill, speed, and defense as well as 14 magic.

Yeah it's KAOS, I fought him twice today. Almost all stats maxed, plenty of forged Brave Weapons to go around etc. Relies more on strength than tactics. Seriously, if you have that many brave weapons and don't rely on criticals, use the dazzle card...

Two options:

1. Guy has way to much time on his hand and map save and arena abused the hell out of the game

2. A hacker who wanted to make a "believable" team

I believe his swordmaster also had max strength, skill, speed, and defense as well as 14 magic.

That's possible for Est. She has good growths and can cap def with a booster or two. However, she only gets a few magic points naturally. You need stats boosts to get her magic to 14. Or train her as a mage, but that would screw her strength and def growths. What's curious is that Merric has high magic too, 10 points above avarage!

The units by themselves are not impossible, but the whole team combined...

Edit: Played him again. His Sniper!Catria took down my Paladin! Catria in turn 8, but my other four party members survived the battle wtih full HP. He was pretty desperate in the end, since he hadn't counted on me not charging. I lay in wait around the castle for the good part of the battle, while he spread out his team. It was easy to take them down one by one with Merric, Jake and Sniper!Est. When he finally noticed this he rushed to the gate, but by then he only had Merric and Catria left. I killed his Merric and took the throne in my final turn. When his turn came he disconnected.

Nice team, especially if it's legit, but he fails at the strategy part. He is overconfident: charges to take the throne, then tries to take down the enemy. Guerilla tactics are very effective against his style.

Edited by Tamara

Yeah it's KAOS, I fought him twice today. Almost all stats maxed, plenty of forged Brave Weapons to go around etc. Relies more on strength than tactics. Seriously, if you have that many brave weapons and don't rely on criticals, use the dazzle card...

Two options:

1. Guy has way to much time on his hand and map save and arena abused the hell out of the game

2. A hacker who wanted to make a "believable" team

That's possible for Est. She has good growths and can cap def with a booster or two. However, she only gets a few magic points naturally. You need stats boosts to get her magic to 14. Or train her as a mage, but that would screw her strength and def growths. What's curious is that Merric has high magic too, 10 points above avarage!

The units by themselves are not impossible, but the whole team combined...

Edit: Played him again. His Sniper!Catria took down my Paladin! Catria in turn 8, but my other four party members survived the battle wtih full HP. He was pretty desperate in the end, since he hadn't counted on me not charging. I lay in wait around the castle for the good part of the battle, while he spread out his team. It was easy to take them down one by one with Merric, Jake and Sniper!Est. When he finally noticed this he rushed to the gate, but by then he only had Merric and Catria left. I killed his Merric and took the throne in my final turn. When his turn came he disconnected.

Nice team, especially if it's legit, but he fails at the strategy part. He is overconfident: charges to take the throne, then tries to take down the enemy. Guerilla tactics are very effective against his style.

I don't think its possible to get all those units to 60 HP since most units have around 45 HP at 20/20 and you get 5 seraph robes. It's also kinda tough to save state abuse Est, seeing as there aren't that many chapters left and you want to get her to 20/20 for an online team. A character like Minerva on the other hand comes a lot earlier and I actually got her to 10 magic. The bolded parts are stereotypical by now, but its pretty clear hacker behaviour to me. The impossibility of the whole team, the nub disconnections when they realise they lost, and the overconfident, strategy-less playstyle. (after all when you know your units are hacked why bother with the exploring and shit, just send everything forward)

Except for catria, all those units are total BS, so all your wins are just "lolfail"ed away.

Seriously, if people are that desperate for a win, they should at least think things through and use stats that are theoretically possible.

Edit: and frey.

Edited by slax

Another hacker. This guy's team is called "The Best" Their username is Benny with a few random symbols on the end.

He even moved my units and dropped my weapons. . . . Mind you, I still took him down to 1 unit before he did that.

EDIT: scratch that. I won hahaha. He didn't make me drop all my weapons!

Edited by Sylvan

Except for catria, all those units are total BS, so all your wins are just "lolfail"ed away.

Seriously, if people are that desperate for a win, they should at least think things through and use stats that are theoretically possible.

Edit: and frey.

Well, I don't think you can play wifi with cart users on a ROM, so I wouldn't worry too much about what wins he might get. It's obvious he abused save states or just plain out cheated. It's simply not possible to have a team like that on a cart without an OBSCENE amount of luck.

Anyways...I'm honestly finding that building a good wifi team is more frustrating than the wifi itself. It's so annoying reseting for good level ups all the time, and then you only get two controlled level ups per map...it's quite a hassle. And then arena abusing for forge money just takes forever. Most annoying of all is the process of obtaining Brave weapons. I have to wait 'till Brave Axes become available again before I can take the new team I'm making over wifi. =(

Well, I don't think you can play wifi with cart users on a ROM, so I wouldn't worry too much about what wins he might get. It's obvious he abused save states or just plain out cheated. It's simply not possible to have a team like that on a cart without an OBSCENE amount of luck.

With cards like the R4 or TTDS, it's quite possible to rom hack and play online, not to mention action replays. But anyway, there's a difference between obscene luck and actually cheating. Given the error on FE planet's averages, which I have found are very accurate, this kind of file would have to have something like quadruple the maximum error. that's not just lucky, that's bordering on impossible.

Anyways...I'm honestly finding that building a good wifi team is more frustrating than the wifi itself. It's so annoying reseting for good level ups all the time, and then you only get two controlled level ups per map...it's quite a hassle. And then arena abusing for forge money just takes forever. Most annoying of all is the process of obtaining Brave weapons. I have to wait 'till Brave Axes become available again before I can take the new team I'm making over wifi. =(

Turning off for good levels is getting very borderline to cheating... Still, as long as you're doing it legit (ie: only 2 saves a map) then your units should only be one or two stats better for a heck of a lot more effort, so I think the work put in legitimises the increase you'd get out of it.

tell me about brave weapons though =.= I've been waiting for tomorrow for a month now. In 21 hours I can finally build my team. It's doublly bad for me since I've got all the savefiles used up, I can't even play single player until tomorow :(

Edited by slax

It definetly pays off to reset for good level ups when you're not using bog standards like Ogma, Barst, Catria, Merric, and the Altean Paladins. Half my team would be crap right now if I didn't do any resetting. I'd rather not rely on luck for my units to cap crucial stats. Besides...how else do you think a got an Etzel with capped Mag, Skl, Spd, and Res? =P

It's so annoying reseting for good level ups all the time

Do it on enemy phrase and "skip all"

and then you only get two controlled level ups per map

you have 3 saves a map

And then arena abusing for forge money just takes forever

Do it with strong unpromoted unit .

everything else ... has much to do with your knowledge

1 Talisman for Ogma

3 Talismans , 2 Seraph Robes and 3 Arms Scrolls for Barst

1 Seraph Robe and 1 Energy Drop for Frey

1 Seraph Robe and 1 Speedwings for Catria

Merric gets all remain items.

Again:

I'm sorry, but there's no difference between that and straight out hacking.

Hacking gives you 100% growths. Turning off the game after every level gives you 100% growths. Ogma has 0% res growth, so 1 talisman is just crap. You're no different from a hacker if you turn a 0% resistance growth into 21 resistance.

I may as well hack, say I rng abused, and no-one can prove otherwise, go on to win tournaments, and then what? say I'm better than everyone? I call BS.