The Mercs Feedback/sign up thread

Deity

I appreciate your feedback and all that, Shuuda. You do make good corrections and observations. What I am not going to tolerate one more time is you calling my stuff crap.

Who are you to say its crap and all that! I dont really care about the feedback you give, I usually ignore it, because I've read part of your story once, and only once, and it bore the hell out of me, not to mention the many errors I saw.

This time you've gone so far. I wont report you for calling my stuff crap, no, I wont lower myself to your level.

To make things simple for you: You don't have to read the damn story, ok?

I did not say your whole story was crap, just the part I was referring to in the quote prior; namely this:

"King Vincent of Vanezia is plotting against the laguz realm."

"He's always plotted something," Rad chuckled. "But the crow princess has always thwarted his plots."

Now let us be honest here, that is very cliché. It is something we often see in amateurish fantasy fiction: antagonistic kings are always disliked, plotting, tyrannical and "good side" princesses are well, the opposite to a point of being mary-sues or annoying.

I said it was crap, because it is; and I hope it is something that you atleast developed to some level in the future.

Who are you to say its crap and all that!

I am a member of your audience who is not your friend, and when I say that, I mean it in a good way.

I dont really care about the feedback you give

And who's feedback do you care about? The feedback of most people on SF has no value, and the ones who try get no notice taken of.

because I've read part of your story once, and only once, and it bore the hell out of me, not to mention the many errors I saw.

Low blows and counter-attacks aside, feel free to point them out.

Edited by Shuuda

I did not say your whole story was crap, just the part I was referring to in the quote prior; namely this:

Now let us be honest here, that is very cliché. It is something we often see in amateurish fantasy fiction: antagonistic kings are always disliked, plotting, tyrannical and "good side" princesses are well, the opposite to a point of being mary-sues or annoying.

--You do not even know what princess K is gonna be...I havent even described her actions as of yet. It seems you are very imaginative, though, to speculate something ahead of time of which you dont even know about.

I said it was crap, because it is; and I hope it is something that you atleast developed to some level in the future.

I am a member of your audience who is not your friend, and when I say that, I mean it in a good way.

And who's feedback do you care about? The feedback of most people on SF has no value, and the ones who try get no notice taken of.

Low blows and counter-attacks aside, feel free to point them out.

Here you go, saying its crap. Wow, where are the Ads that warned me for saying that your story sucked, remember that one? And here you are, saying its crap, and yet nobody shows up to put you in your place...

I dont really care about the feedback given by anyone. If someone says its a good story and all, then fine, but I am not expecting every member to show up and say its a good story. This thread was used for a sign up sheet as well, where characters can be posted at.

Now I know that I make small mistakes compared to others, but dont expect me to go back and correct it. Once I write something, I tend to just leave it as it is, unless its something that is going to mess up the whole story, then yes, I will go back and edit.

And about the low blows; no, I dont feel like putting you down, believe me, I could. I'm not like you, not even a bit. I enjoy writing and reading, but everyone knows I dont like to point my finger where errors are concerned. I read a story, and I simply go to the feedback thread and say either: Its okay, its a good story, its a great story, its so-so, etc, but I dont like suggesting stuff or pointing out errors, because I make them as well.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

Wow, where are the Ads that warned me for saying that your story sucked

Well, judging by your comments in the past, and your contradictory nature, I have to be a bit suspicious around your comments.

I didnt even have to read the whole deal to know about your writing style, Shuuda.

You call yourself a writer?

Why the heck then do you go writing using alot of : he? lol

I mean come on, you can also use teh characters name for god's sake. All I saw in the first page was stuff like:

He said, he asked, he objected, etc...

Haha, no wonder I cant picture the main character of this story.

Ok, I got that. But you should also check what this guy went to post at some of our stories, Jyosua. I only saw it as a fair thing to do to come and give a little feedback of my own. Besides, we all know Shuuda's comments sounded more flamative than mine.

That one pretty much indicated your intentions at the time. This comes from a time when I said that someone else's story was crap (which it most certainly was), so as far as I am aware, this situation is similar. Hence my comment on being a counter-attack. Even though I cannot hear your voice due to this being the internet, it is not too hard to suss out your tone.

Tbh, I read only part of your story. But I like reading and its gonna take me quite a bit to read this long story of yours. But to begin, I do like the characters and the way you write. You remind me of...me. ^^

Anyway, keep up the good work, I shall be adding more feedback as soon as I read the whole thing.

Contradictory...

(Heh heh, I never forget.)

----------------------

and yet nobody shows up to put you in your place...

I wonder why...

--You do not even know what princess K is gonna be...I havent even described her actions as of yet. It seems you are very imaginative, though, to speculate something ahead of time of which you dont even know about.

I can make very good predictions based upon the following:

- Princess Kilvas' popularity on the forum.

- By comparing to other fantasy stories.

- Reading your other stories, and other stories on SF.

- By comparing to other similar characters and the other characters in your story.

So no imagination involved at all; only logical predictions to warn.

I havent even described her actions as of yet.

You said enough about the character for me to base some predictions on.

I dont really care about the feedback given by anyone.

Meaningful feedback matters. If you do not listen to it, then you'll improve very little.

Now I know that I make small mistakes compared to others, but dont expect me to go back and correct it.

So you lack any real dedication.

I could. I'm not like you

You are not honest?

I read a story, and I simply go to the feedback thread and say either: Its okay, its a good story, its a great story, its so-so, etc

Then you wasted your time, and the time of the writer, and the time of anyone else who may come into that thread. And funnily enough, as I have quoted near the top, you had no issue with giving me negative feedback in the past... so... your excuse?

but I dont like suggesting stuff or pointing out errors, because I make them as well.

Everyone makes errors; but it does not act as an excuse to not point out the problems of others. If I see someone doing something wrong, I would point it out, regardless of my own faults. It is the right thing to do.

Edited by Shuuda

Fine, so I went in and gave you good feedback on that post...I had to go and do it since I got warned, I thought it would make things better, not that I cared about it actually.

You think that what you think is right, about Kilvas speaking here, but no, you are wrong. You cannot guess, you cannot even assume...because you have no clue at all. The members dont know what she is gonna be about, because I still havent written it here, so what makes you think you know? You say you guess, but its only that, a guess, and not a very good guess.

A story needs to have good and evil characters, so I really dont care who ends up being what, as long as there is a plot to move along. You cannot tell a story without having a good and a bad side doing something..you could, but it would not be a good story anyway.

And yes, I am honest most of the time, I just dont like pointing my finger at others.

If I dont want to improve that is my problem. That does not mean I dont have dedication, I have more dedication then you, I can tell you that. I got a kid's story published in highschool, so what makes you think I need help?

I got A+ for that project and the teachers liked it, said I knew many of the stuff needed to become a professional writer. Atm, I am writing like three other stories here at home, of which I dont publish for fear of my stuff getting stolen. Hey, if they are a success, you might not even know it was me who wrote them, because nobody knows who I am.

When are you gonna update your story? Its way at the bottom. ^^ Not that I wanna read it, I usually dont have time to read many of the stuff here, you must understand, busy schedule. ^^

You asking "who are you to give feedback?" is as bad as the annoying little shits that rhetorically ask "can you do better?" The thing is, it doesn't matter shit. If I can point out a flaw in something and I recommend that you fix it, no matter how good or bad I may be at it, then it's still a flaw. Similarly, if I drew a little stick figure and a six-year-old said it was bad, then he's probably right. Why? Not because he can do better, but he's obviously seen far better work than it and can therefore say it's not up to standard.

You think that what you think is right, about Kilvas speaking here, but no, you are wrong

You know what? He might be wrong. I might be wrong. But the thing is, if we can come up with a prediction of whats going to happen in a heartbeat, then the plot isn't good. It doesn't make a bit of difference if we're right or wrong. What matters is keeping the interest of a reader. If your story is crap from the beginning to the middle, and then has a massively awesome plot twist at the end, it doesn't matter. Chances are, people will have put your book down by then, unless they're absolutely sure it's going to get better.

Here's another thing: you getting an A+ for the project means jackshit. Know what that means? That means the standard of your work was low. Not that you were good, but that your work stood out in front of the many people who can't write at all.

Hey, if they are a success, you might not even know it was me who wrote them, because nobody knows who I am.

Irrelevant. What matters is the story at hand. Oh, so you're going to get better? Good for you. Maybe if you take the criticism like you should you might actually end up there. It's meaningless to say "Maybe I'll be better in the future" because, well, to quote:

You cannot guess, you cannot even assume...because you have no clue at all.

Yes, that's right. You have no idea where you're going. But you can make predictions. And at the moment, it doesn't look like you're going anywhere fast.

I might also mention that this "sign-up" stuff is not only getting old but it also shows your lack of originality and unwillingness to make your own characters.

Speaking characters...

No God-like characters please, besides, that will only make you look like a fool.

Name: Rad Quetz

What the hell? You just made yourself a hypocrite.

I don't quite understand why you're afraid someone will plagiarise your work if you publish it. If you publish it, then people are less likely to plagiarise since there's more going against them. In fact, I don't even know you would want to plagiarise something like this. Good luck for your future writing, you're going to need it.

P.S.: For the friends of Quetzalcoatl, if you're going to defend him, do it well. Please.

Listen, you little fawk, stop talking shit. I dont give a damn about your criticism. If you want to read the story, read it, nobody is forcing your ass. If you wanna point out a mistake, do so, just dont expect me to fix it. Get it? Got it? Good.

Listen, Quetzalcoatl, I can understand not enjoying corrections and some negative feedback, but you just have to accept it sometimes. From what I can tell, everything Shuuda gave you was just constructive criticism. Perhaps he could've beena bit nicer with it, but there was no actual flaming involved. You asked for feedback and you got it, you should use it to your advantage to try to make yourself a better writer.

Listen, Quetzalcoatl, I can understand not enjoying corrections and some negative feedback, but you just have to accept it sometimes. From what I can tell, everything Shuuda gave you was just constructive criticism. Perhaps he could've beena bit nicer with it, but there was no actual flaming involved. You asked for feedback and you got it, you should use it to your advantage to try to make yourself a better writer.

Yeah well, I was mostly talking about the other guy, *name too idiotic for me to say* you can tell right away that he used Shuuda's and I's little bout to get in a few cheap inciting remarks.

I can take feedback, but if its like that tone that they use, then its not feedback imo, its mostly usually a rude way of giving feedback.

Anyway, yes, you are right in one thing. I could benefit from some of the feedback. But go ahead and close this thread like I asked you to, just to avoid further trouble. Besides, I have little friends who post feedback anyway, and I dont want to be getting feedback with rude tones, so its best if you close it nao. ^^