OMG it's a tier list

Florete

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again it all depends on the value of availability. Meg can contribute to your team after climbing out of her huge hole, and perhaps compensate for her suck before Renning even shows up.
But Renning can actually compete in the final chapter! Meg's going to be underleveled in Part IV.

How do you figure? He's gaining a fair amount of experience in Part 1

Enough to maybe get him to 20/5.

and then he's going to be one of your main attacking units in Part 3. The Part 3 DB Chapters are comprised of "Throw 100 enemies at the person and get them slaughtered", which is an experience fountain.

It is indeed an exp fountain, but I think you’re exaggerating it a little. You get 57 exp or less per kill on NM, and there’s 40ish laguz, so if you divide you kills roughly evenly between 6 units and factor in atk exp, that’s maybe 4-5 levels for Zihark. Less in 3-13 because your units gained levels while the laguz didn’t so much and 3-12 has pretty weak exp gain.

He may not hit Trueblade before Part 4, but he'll be damn near it.

K so we’re in agreement.

You make it sound like people are soloing chapters with those "pre-promo monsters", which is ludicrous.

Zihark is one of those pre-promo monsters, and I agree he’ll always be high since he gets to dominate a good number of chapters without doing something stupid like leaving for ¾ of the game. What I’m saying is the farther you get in part 1, the worse his rank becomes. Suppose he’s your best unit in 1-6, now in 1-7 he’s losing to Muarim (remember he starts off transformed), then he loses 1-8 to Nailah, then 1-E compounds that with the Black Knight to the point where he’s maybe only upper mid of the DB’s current line-up.

Ah, we're back to that whole "pre-promote monster" arguement, aren't we?

See above. I don’t think I made it clear that Sothe’s bigger problem is faltering as the game goes on. Even with max str and beastkillers (the strongest knife Sothe can equip), he can’t even ORKO 3-12 halberdiers. He will also likely auto-promote before he hits lv 20, which is a decent hit to his stats, and his str cap goes from 24 to 28, which is like 3 or so higher than an archsage’s str cap IIRC. Oh, and don’t forget about bane, skill/2 activation and if it activates on the second hit, you’re guaranteed not to kill the enemy. Pretty bad when most of your units are progressing in part 4 with the emergence of buyable killer and high end silver weapons, mastery skills that don’t suck, better access to skills, etc.

Sothe, unlike Tauroneo, the BK, or Nailah, is available for 8 of Part 1's chapters. The BK's in 2, Nailah's in 2, and Tauroneo is in 1. Sothe's also more useful than those units because of his thieving utility.

Yeah I know, any individual pre-promo won’t be around for long, but it’s the fact that in any individual chapter there’s one present.

1-5: Sothe, Volug

1-6: Sothe, Volug, Zihark, Tauroneo

1-7: Sothe, Volug, Zihark, Tormod, Vika, Muarim

1-8: Sothe, Volug, Zihark, Tormod, Vika, Muarim, Nailah

1-E: Sothe, Volug, Zihark, Tormod, Vika, Muarim, Nailah, BK

Plus, people like Nolan, Aran and Jill do provide some decent competition when levelled, especially when their supports kick in (the DB is flooded with thunder and earth affinities

Edited by Vykan12

Reyson’s the best character in the game. Even if he has less availability than Haar and Ike, his quad vigoring is just leagues beyond what any individual unit could ever do. If you remove Haar from your team you still have Titania + the hawks with high mobility and plenty of other competent fighters. Without Reyson, your turn count is guaranteed to go up, you lose BEXP, you have less player phase flexibility, etc.

I moved him.

Hmm where do I begin? I love Zihark to bits but you’ve got him overrated quite a bit. Sure he’s good in the part 1 DB chapters but he also shows up in the second half of part 1 when you’re being fed tons of h3x units like Muarim and Tauroneo, so he’s never really the best aside from those 3 part 3 chapters, but even then it’s debatable vs Volug.

He may never be the best individually, but he's around more than any of them except Volug and is always a good unit. He may be slightly underleveled in part 4, but he should still be fairly competent and promoting in his first part 4 chapter.

Sothe is great but I wouldn’t put him above Titania, seeing as she’s one of your best part 4 characters (lol at killing stuff in 4-4 unsupported with hand axes).

He's the best overall character in part 1, has an auto A with Micaiah and can get majorly uber transfers. Both get worse later in the game, so I can't see how Titania's better.

I don’t see how Brom could beat the lions, or how Heather stealing everything in part 3 with the bowgun-disarm-steal combo could only reach mid. Ilyana certainly isn’t higher than Mordy, he has 1.5x her mobility and is the most durable unit in part 3 aside from maybe nullify Haar, which is easily beating Ilyana’s lame under-leveledness everywhere she goes. Plus, even if you favored her into oblivion, her spd and mag will always fail, and most likely her accuracy too.

Personally, I think Brom is underrated. He's a great wall in part 2 and is still fairly good in part 3.

I'll move Heather up.

Ilyana is pretty good in part 1 and has the highest availability in the game, but I'll move her down a few spaces.

Geoffrey is the best CRK and I dunno how you could put Calill > Kieran aside from maybe endgame merits, which they’re never reaching since their horrific availability stunts any opportunity they have to be used in the long term.

Geoffrey has fail availability and his offense isn't much better than Kieran so Kieran is better. Calill only has 1 less chapter but makes up for it by being available through all of 2-E, having healing utility, and good endgame potential. She can also get pretty sweet transfers.

Oh, and Tanith’s too high. Yes, she’s mobile and has earth affinity, but she also has crappy bases, joining time and base level, so she needs a lot of work to make good. I don’t see how she could beat the w1n that the lions offer when she only has 4 mediocre chapters over them (in Skrimir’s case, 2).

Her bases are actually fairly good and she should be right around the level of the rest of your team depending on how many you trained. She's the best in her class, but still pretty good because of Earth affinity and flier utility.

Rhys should be in the same tier as Mist, they basically serve the same function throughout part 3 until Mist gains a mount, but even that’s going to take some time since you can’t crown her.

Rhys has totally fail durability and always has less move. Using Mist alone is probably better than using both.

Volke, Stefan and Muarim are all better than the CRKs. Kurth > Vika and Nealuchi > Sigrun.

Volke, Stefan, and Muarim all have fail availability, though I'll consider moving Volke and Stefan up. Vika at least has a few part 1 chapters of usefulness where Kurth has none. I switched Nealuchi and Sigrun.

Holy jesus, Nasir is not bottom tier. White tide is the only reason anyone who’s not a royal can double auras in 4-E(5), that’s certainly more than whatever Pelleas would offer you. Gareth is cool too, but more restrictive to use since he needs to be standing on res tiles popping spirit water to ward off attention from the spirits. Also, Lehran is not worse than Lyre, he should at least be above Oliver. You get him for free, he can do 40-50 damage to auras with the Balbeirth and he gives you an extra Ashera staff/fortify/hammerne user, which means a nice durability boon for your team.

I'll move Pelleas down, but I don't know about Nasir. He isn't helping that much and he's only there for 2 chapters. Gareth may as well have innate Provoke, the spirits go to him like flies and he's 2-3 rounded where Ena isn't if you want Blood Tide that badly, which isn't so great. You should already have enough staff users to make Lehran useless and you can't even prepare him before the chapter so anything he uses has to traded to him. And for one map. I'm considering removing him entirely from the list.

That's irrelevant since anyone with good durability can use that skill effectively. Even Leo could use it so long as you offer him protection.

It wasn't as serious as it sounded, but Nolan is much better with it than most anyone with Tarvos/Bowgun. Leonardo fails too much to use it.

What are you talking about? His strength is not an issue in part 1, and you can BEXP ram him at 20/12 (when he caps spd and skl and is on the verge of capping res) to max out his tier 2 str. That would put him at the same str as a 20/20/1 Mia or Edward, and just as their superior str growth kicks in, it’s time to do more BEXP ramming, which generally happens sooner in tier 3 than in tier 2. All to say, the periods in which Zihark has poor str are easily minimized.

Hard mode. BEXP in minimal.

No, Shinon is always the best marksman, the only thing Rolf ever wins is strength but his cap always withholds him from letting his 75% str growth be broken.

Rolf generally starts to be better around the end of part 3 if given enough training, but they both turn out the same.

One thing I noticed is "this part is easy so it doesn't matter as much". This is false. Difficulty of a certain part has no bearing on someone's strength. It's about how good you are relatively to the team. If we had two Ziharks, and we'd put one in 3-P, and one in 1-P, 1-P Zihark would be better. Not because it's easier, but because Zihark >>>>>>>>>> Eddie, Micaiah and Leonardo, while Ike, Titania, Shinon and Gatrie do kind of provide competition to say the least.

I disagree to a certain extent (I think). If a character is good in a harder part of the game, their abilities are much more valuable than someone who is great in easier parts because they are much more necessary for their team. Also, if someone is bad in harder parts they're worse because they are that much more difficult to use while someone who is bad in easier parts is still fairly usable.

Also, "best Sage", "like a Marshall with more Mov", "best Marksman" hold no water. Tier list making involves comparing everyone to everyone, not one dude with low Spd to another or something.

I try not to talk like that but I do think that way.

why Giffca middle? I always thought of him as a lower tier

Hax stats for the time he's around.

That all depends on how you value availability, but Giffca will always be very close to Caneighis in the list since their stats are more or less identical, and Giffca has a better chance of capping spd and thus being able to double auras without Nasir despite having to use gems or stones/grass.

I value availability greatly. Part of the reason the CRK's are so low.

Rolf up to high mid, Edward, Mist and Nephenee WAY down.

Reasons please.

See above. I don’t think I made it clear that Sothe’s bigger problem is faltering as the game goes on. Even with max str and beastkillers (the strongest knife Sothe can equip), he can’t even ORKO 3-12 halberdiers. He will also likely auto-promote before he hits lv 20, which is a decent hit to his stats, and his str cap goes from 24 to 28, which is like 3 or so higher than an archsage’s str cap IIRC. Oh, and don’t forget about bane, skill/2 activation and if it activates on the second hit, you’re guaranteed not to kill the enemy. Pretty bad when most of your units are progressing in part 4 with the emergence of buyable killer and high end silver weapons, mastery skills that don’t suck, better access to skills, etc.

Sothe is awesome for the hardest part of the game, and almost anyone is 2 rounded in 3-6 except a fully transformed Volug and the BK. Also, almost no one can one-round anything in 3-12 and 3-13(Without Beastfoe). He might not be as good in part 4 but he's still perfectly usable and has the ability to steal and find items.

After seeing Nolan rape in 3-6 with Beastfoe and Tarvos/Bowgun I'm thinking about moving him up a few spaces. Perhaps just under Sothe.

Beastfoe can go to Zihark/Eddie/Leonardo as well, though only Nolan and Leo can use Beastfoe + Bowgun... the point is that Nolan isn't guaranteed Beastfoe.

Lolwut? Paragon is removable in this game, hence part of the reason why Astrid sucks now. Geoffrey’s paragon doesn’t really help him much in 2-3 since he gains 2 exp per kill instead of 1 and he has to remove it in 3-9 so that your GMs can use it from 3-11 onwards.

I thought skills weren't accessible in part 2 HM?

Zihark seems pretty high for someone who's availability is pretty limited. I'd say he should go under Shinon.

Actually, nevermind, I see why he should stay. Though I don't see how he's better than Sothe.

Edited by Knife

Zihark seems pretty high for someone who's availability is pretty limited. I'd say he should go under Shinon.

He's a great unit in fairly tough chapters and stays great throughout the game. Plus, Earth affinity.

Are you still planning on moving Soren down a little? If Gatrie and Boyd are low for doubling problems, Soren should be too cause his speed growth is lower than both of their's and its hard to fix that with the limited bexp in hard mode. Adept isn't going to activate that often cause his speed is so low. Soren also has less durablility than most of the characters in his current tier.

Edited by KSFF2150

Are you still planning on moving Soren down a little? If Gatrie and Boyd are low for doubling problems, Soren should be too cause his speed growth is lower than both of their's and its hard to fix that with the limited bexp in hard mode. Adept isn't going to activate that often cause his speed is so low. Soren also has less durablility than most of the characters in his current tier.

You're probably right. Although, he does hit resistance and can heal on promotion so I have to keep him above Gatrie and Boyd.

You might want to move Lehran and Gareth up a bit. They do contibute more than Sothe and Sanaki past their recruitment.

Lehran can basically use Micaiah's blessed tome much better than she does considering he has 40AS and can double pretty much everything, Ashera included. He can also double as a healer should you need another one.

Gareth gives 5 physical damage and 10 accuracy against a dodgy boss, and while he is raped pretty badly by magical attacks, Ashera also has a physical AoE he can easily tank once he's transformed. He could also get a Ward staff boost or something from Micaiah in each chapter he's in.

I don't see how these two are under Lyre who can't even double and barely damages the enemies even when she's in cat form in her joining chapter. Being a cat doesn't help her either since she loses her laguz meter extremely quickly.

Edited by Captain Falcon

You might want to move Lehran and Gareth up a bit. They do contibute more than Sothe and Sanaki past their recruitment.

Lehran can basically use Micaiah's blessed tome much better than she does considering he has 40AS and can double pretty much everything, Ashera included. He can also double as a healer should you need another one.

Gareth gives 5 physical damage and 10 accuracy against a dodgy boss, and while he is raped pretty badly by magical attacks, Ashera also has a physical AoE he can easily tank once he's transformed. He could also get a Ward staff boost or something from Micaiah in each chapter he's in.

I don't see how these two are under Lyre who can't even double and barely damages the enemies even when she's in cat form in her joining chapter. Being a cat doesn't help her either since she loses her laguz meter extremely quickly.

I didn't realize Lehran had 40 speed. I'll move him up a bit.

But I still think Lyre > Gareth. You can give Gareth special attention to make him useful, but you can do the same with Lyre as well. She's also around longer and can support. Blood Tide is overrated, you have Ena anyway, and Gareth isn't doing anything else.

He's the best overall character in part 1, has an auto A with Micaiah and can get majorly uber transfers. Both get worse later in the game, so I can't see how Titania's better.

Uhh Titania doesn’t get worse until 4-E(4) but even that can be dealt with by either having her attack thunder spirits only or giving her a blessed brave axe. What makes you think her performance diminishes as the game goes on?

Personally, I think Brom is underrated. He's a great wall in part 2 and is still fairly good in part 3.

Neither of which is impressive considering his competition. Okay, 2-1 he’s a rockstar, in 2-2 the laguz dominate easily, and in 2-E you have Haar and Elincia on top of it. Then in 3-2, Brom’s durability is being compared to the likes of Haar, Ike, Gatrie, Oscar, Mordy (a few chapters later) and a couple other near invincible units, all of whom laugh at his offence.

Ilyana is pretty good in part 1 and has the highest availability in the game, but I'll move her down a few spaces.

She’s pretty good for all of 1-3 where she can double enemies who are weighed down by steel weapons. After that her 30% spd growth rears its ugly head and you realize she’s almost as frail as Micaiah, and that thunder has incredibly lame accuracy. Though, if you do level her up, she leaves the DB just to be underlevelled again in the GMs, and one of their worst units (I’d honestly want to use Kyza > her). Availability is only a good thing if you can make good use of it. If you’re hurting the team when you’re around, then it’s better to not be around at all.

Geoffrey has fail availability and his offense isn't much better than Kieran so Kieran is better. Calill only has 1 less chapter but makes up for it by being available through all of 2-E, having healing utility, and good endgame potential. She can also get pretty sweet transfers.

Kieran’s availability doesn’t make him better. His base level is 20/11 and he needs to reach 20/20/1 by 3-11 to have enough spd to double enemy paladins, which are a slow enemy class no less. There’s no way in hell Kieran is gaining 9 levels in 2 chapters, especially with the weak exp gain in 2-3. So, more realistically, we give him say 5 levels instead, and he becomes as follows:

Kieran lv 20/16 (B Marcia, steel poleax): 45 hp, 40 MT, 22 skl, 22 spd, 18 luck, 21 def, 12 res, 142 hit, 77 avo

Vs some 3-11 enemies

Lance paladin lv 13 (steel lance)

Hp 39

Mt 30

Hit 137

As 19

Def 19

Res 12

Avo 59

Kieran just barely 2 rounds this enemy and is 6HKOed at ~50% real. This is with WTA mind you.

Swordsmaster lv 12 (steel sword)

Hp 35

Mt 28

Hit 159

As 25

Def 17

Res 11

Avo 76

Kieran only has 61% real on this bugger even with his hit boost from Marcia. He’s also getting 6HKOed at 98 real and only 1AS high of getting doubled, so some of the higher end SMs might double him.

Sniper lv 14 (steel bow)

Hp 40

Mt 32

Hit 157

As 21

Def 19

Res 13

Avo 69

Another bare 2RKO and only has 86 real, so his chance of not getting the kill is about 27%. Gets 5HKOed at 89% true.

Now let’s compare Kieran to someone who’s considered craptastic like Kyza.

Kieran lv 20/16 (B Marcia, steel poleax): 45 hp, 40 MT, 22 skl, 22 spd, 18 luck, 21 def, 12 res, 142 hit, 77 avo

Kyza lv 23 (S strike, A Mordecai): 59 hp, 41 MT, 24 skl, 26 spd, 17 luck, 24 def, 6 res, 155 hit, 84 avo

Kyza beats him at virtually everything (+14 hp, +1 MT, +4 spd, +3 def, -6 res, +13 hit, +7 avo) and with 26 spd he can actually double stuff Kieran couldn’t. I’d rather put up with his occasional lack of player phase attacks to have him perform that much better. So, either Kieran is terrible when he re-joins and thus negative utility, or Kyza needs to move up (not what I’m trying to prove).

Her bases are actually fairly good and she should be right around the level of the rest of your team depending on how many you trained. She's the best in her class, but still pretty good because of Earth affinity and flier utility.

What makes you think her bases are good?

Tanith lv 16 (steel greatlance): 35 hp, 34 MT, 21 skl, 23 spd, 22 luck, 19 def, 20 res, 134 hit, 83 avo

Her bases are actually worse than Kieran’s particularly in the durability department, and I hopefully demonstrated already that Kieran isn’t too great from 3-11 onwards.

Rhys has totally fail durability and always has less move. Using Mist alone is probably better than using both.

So does Mist for most of second tier. This isn’t different from any other FE, you have to protect your healers, so I don’t see why you’d hold this against Rhys but not Laura, Mist or Micaiah.

Volke, Stefan, and Muarim all have fail availability, though I'll consider moving Volke and Stefan up. Vika at least has a few part 1 chapters of usefulness where Kurth has none. I switched Nealuchi and Sigrun.

In the case of Muarim, the magnitude of his win in his chapters is so great it easily exceeds that of a character who’s around twice as long but is mediocre to below average during that time. I don’t feel like arguing about Volke and Stefan right now.

I'll move Pelleas down, but I don't know about Nasir. He isn't helping that much and he's only there for 2 chapters. Gareth may as well have innate Provoke, the spirits go to him like flies and he's 2-3 rounded where Ena isn't if you want Blood Tide that badly, which isn't so great. You should already have enough staff users to make Lehran useless and you can't even prepare him before the chapter so anything he uses has to traded to him. And for one map. I'm considering removing him entirely from the list.

Nasir allowing ppl to double means he’s doubling multiple unit’s damage output while just taking up 1 spot on your roster. That’s almost as good as being a heron, despite being subdued to 2 chapters’ worth of effect. As for Gareth, blood tide helps people require 1 less attack to kill an aura (so 5HKOing -> 4HKOing or 3RKOing -> 2RKOing etc), and since you can use tides multiple times per turn due to the magic of canto and proper spacing, he’s being a lot like Nasir. I already stated what you have to do to make Gareth survive, just keep him on res tiles and have him use spirit water. It’s restrictive, hence why he’s not as useful as the other dragons, but still nonetheless extremely useful. Also, it’s pretty hard to be worse than Lyre, she has the transform issues of a cat, the attack of Mist and the def of a base level Rolf, and it’s not like she’ll grow out of it in any hurry since laguz CEXP gains are crap.

It wasn't as serious as it sounded, but Nolan is much better with it than most anyone with Tarvos/Bowgun. Leonardo fails too much to use it.

Aran has enough MT with a forged weapon to 1HKO tigers and obviously has some massive def if you bothered to raise him. Jill with the brave axe is fine with it, and Zihark and Volug would love to have beastfoe.

Rolf generally starts to be better around the end of part 3 if given enough training, but they both turn out the same.

Only with transfers maybe. Shinon wins spd and durability forever, and he never loses str by any significant amount because of the sniper+marksman str caps. Also, Shinon is one of your best attackers in the early chapters since the killer bow lets him kill stuff 65-75% of the time whereas almost no one else aside from Ike and Mia can even double yet. Thus, Shinon is prospering while Rolf is at his suckiest. And before you say it, having Rolf use the killer instead won’t help him much since he’s not in 3HKO range of anything so it’s a bit of a misuse of resources.

Also, Lehran is not worse than Lyre, he should at least be above Oliver. You get him for free

You only get him for free in the sense that he doesn't require a character spot. However, he restricts the way you play the rest of the game. You need a Spd blessed/BEXPed Ike to fight the Black Knight for no real other reason, and you can't even cheat your way out of it by having Ike finish the Black Knight after someone with a Hammer weakens him, since the Black Knight has to have above 0 HP at the end of the chapter.

It's like requiring Hector to survive a round of brawling with Fargus just to recruit Athos (except Athos' relative availability is even better).

Edited by Mekkah

I feel that Jill is too high on the list. In my past experiences on normal mode, she's never available for enough chapters to make her useful enough. On top of that, she's never able to hit anything, making her even harder to train, and she doesn't do much damage when she does hit.

On top of that, she suffers the same problems as any other Part 1 member: availability. I really don't think she's worth being above Edward.

I feel that Jill is too high on the list. In my past experiences on normal mode, she's never available for enough chapters to make her useful enough. On top of that, she's never able to hit anything, making her even harder to train, and she doesn't do much damage when she does hit.

Hit rate is fixed with a rather inexpensive forge.

As for availability, she has the same as Zihark (minus 1-8), as in 15 chapters, which is reasonably high, and she can boost that amount by swapping armies in 3-7.

Lehran fails. Bottom of bottom. He shows up at the very last chapter with only a staff. Every enemy in that map has high resistance, so he's hitting for very little damage, and I believe on 3 on Ashera. And you have to TRADE him a tome, he doesn't come with one. Lehran being anywhere else but bottom of bottom is silly.

Lehran does fail, but I'd say Lyre fails more. Being a bad unit for all game is worse than having a bad recruitment requirement and being only decent when you're actually there.

Lehran fails. Bottom of bottom. He shows up at the very last chapter with only a staff.

Which he can use to ensure none of your party members have to heal for 3 turns, particularly crucial if you ran out of fortify and hammerne uses.

Every enemy in that map has high resistance, so he's hitting for very little damage, and I believe on 3 on Ashera.

Auras have the same amount of defence as they do resistance. Spirits are pathetic enemies and Ashera is 3RKOed including Ike's attack.

Though more importantly, you're underestimating Lehran's damage potential. With the balbeirth, he does 40 damage to side auras and 50 damage to corner auras, and all this without dragon assistance, which is quite impressive. In comparison, a base level Tibarn is only doing 52 damage to side auras and 42 damage to corner auras. Then you take someone like Neph with the wishblade or Jill with the urvan and they're only doing 26 and 27 damage respectively to side auras. So, it seems to me that Lehran is actually one of your best attackers.

As for Lehran's damage on Ashera, he does 10 damage, not 3. 20 with Nasir.

And you have to TRADE him a tome, he doesn't come with one. Lehran being anywhere else but bottom of bottom is silly.

So just have a dragon trade him one. Ena and Kurth won't be doing much damage and Gareth has fail accuracy. Even Nasir will only pose 50ish hit rates.

Edited by Vykan12

Hit rate is fixed with a rather inexpensive forge.

As for availability, she has the same as Zihark (minus 1-8), as in 15 chapters, which is reasonably high, and she can boost that amount by swapping armies in 3-7.

She can take care of the Pegasi before they get to you, as well.

Which he can use to ensure none of your party members have to heal for 3 turns, particularly crucial if you ran out of fortify and hammerne uses.

Auras have the same amount of defence as they do resistance. Spirits are pathetic enemies and Ashera is 3RKOed including Ike's attack.

Though more importantly, you're underestimating Lehran's damage potential. With the balbeirth, he does 40 damage to side auras and 50 damage to corner auras, and all this without dragon assistance, which is quite impressive. In comparison, a base level Tibarn is only doing 52 damage to side auras and 42 damage to corner auras. Then you take someone like Neph with the wishblade or Jill with the urvan and they're only doing 26 and 27 damage respectively to side auras. So, it seems to me that Lehran is actually one of your best attackers.

As for Lehran's damage on Ashera, he does 10 damage, not 3. 20 with Nasir.

So just have a dragon trade him one. Ena and Kurth won't be doing much damage and Gareth has fail accuracy. Even Nasir will only pose 50ish hit rates.

However, he's only avaliable for one chapter. That kills him. By that time you DON'T need him. Ashera Staff is hardly neccesary because you should already have fortify and matrona (if not, what did you use it on? Seriously.)

I don't know the stats of the auras, but if he's doing 50 damage to Aura's, then he's taking 25. He starts with a base 50 HP, so that means he dies just by attacking two auras. Isn't the oppisite supposed to happen? Also, he's only doing two hits if both actually connect, and with Balberith's low hit rate, that's probably not going to happen. It's unlikely he'll even hit Ashera once with Balberith, let alone twice.

So he's taking half his health from damaging an Aura, and can hardly hit Ashera with a strong tome. He can kill aura's, but everyone can. Even if he had completely godly stats all around he'd still be an awful unit because he comes at the last chapter and contributes VERY little. At least the dragons give those haxy stat boosts, so they can be useful.

However, he's only avaliable for one chapter. That kills him.

It still allows him to be better than people who hamper with your efficiency, so he could at least make for low tier.

By that time you DON'T need him

That never makes for a tier list argument because you don't need anybody.

Ashera Staff is hardly neccesary because you should already have fortify and matrona (if not, what did you use it on? Seriously.)

Matrona only heals 1 unit and you have up to 17, so I don't see why that was brought up. As for fortify, you could use it quite a bit in 4-E(3) since dragons have some ridiculous hit rates and damage.

I don't know the stats of the auras, but if he's doing 50 damage to Aura's, then he's taking 25.

How about you actually use Lehran instead of drawing these false conclusions? Ashera has mantle, which is the ultimate cheap skill (has the effect of nihil, fortune and a ton of other things).

Proof:

I'll admit I made a mistake as Lehran does 30-50 damage, not 40-50 since I made a stupid mathematical error.

Also, he's only doing two hits if both actually connect, and with Balberith's low hit rate, that's probably not going to happen. It's unlikely he'll even hit Ashera once with Balberith, let alone twice.

You don't seem to be too familiar with Lehran's stats. He has 40 skill and luck, which is already 120 hit right then, then you add in 75 hit for the balbeirth and 50 for Ike's leadership bonus. That makes for 210 hit, and auras have about 135 avo. That makes for 88 true hit, 92 if he's beside Ena. Don't see that as really being a poor hit rate, especially when most non-royals don't have 100 display in the first place.

He can kill aura's, but everyone can.

You complain about Lehran's ability to kill Ashera and yet claim that auras are easy to kill. That's a bit contradictory since auras have 90 hp and 30-40 def while Ashera has 120 hp and 35 def, which means auras and Ashera have practically the same durability relative to a physical unit. And no, killing auras is hard, the only person who can 1RKO a side aura without using all 3 dragons is a lion with a blood tide. Any beorc class with less than 34 spd cannot even double auras even with Nasir's help and every other class besides trueblades and Volke require Nasir to double them. Thus, under the most common circumstances, auras take anywhere from 2-5 rounds to kill, so Lehran being as good as a royal on corner auras is a very welcome contribution.

Even if he had completely godly stats all around

He does, in case you didn't notice.

50 hp, 40 mag, 40 skl, 40 spd, 40 luck, 23 def, 40 res, 135 avo and SS rank in staves and 2 weapons is incredible.

he'd still be an awful unit because he comes at the last chapter and contributes VERY little. At least the dragons give those haxy stat boosts, so they can be useful.

How is Lehran being able to heal your entire party and 2-3RKO any aura not be useful? Also, you're repeating yourself, I think you made the same point about availability 3 times.

Edited by Vykan12