OMG it's a tier list

Florete

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, haven't posted here in forever.

I have been arguing Fiona to the top of bottom (I would even be ok with behind Astrid, although Fiona is still clearly more useful) but people stopped listening. Fiona has tangible, dependable utility that ANYONE who is attempting to low turn would be foolish not to use.

You mind linking to these posts? I couldn't find them from viewing your profile.

Hahaha this whole chipping thing that doesn't really exist. Rescue-dropping Danved in 2-3 is real, I grant you, but Fiona can do more little tricks: rescue dropping (useful in 3-6 and 3-12), gauge lowering, and torching lighting.

Rescue dropping in 3-6? How do you prevent Fiona from getting attacked? I guess she could do a sacrifice drop, but then she's gone forever. Not that anyone would miss her I honestly have no idea how you could get Fiona to survive 3-6. Someone make a video of it

Its really easy to keep everyone alive in 3-6, I think Fiona is the best scrub to keep alive anyways because of canto/rescue drop. In 3-6 as long chokepoints are blocked anyone can stay alive. I can see why Fiona is better than Meg. I often compare Meg to Aran ^^' because they have the same stats -2 speed so I assumed she was easily fixable but I forget to factor everything else in like her defense growth.

I don't support Fiona > Astrid, but i'm not against it. The reason that I'm not for it is because Astrid can do the very same things Fiona can but she's alot easier to train as a combatant and Fiona is not.

Hahaha this whole chipping thing that doesn't really exist. Rescue-dropping Danved in 2-3 is real, I grant you, but Fiona can do more little tricks: rescue dropping (useful in 3-6 and 3-12), gauge lowering, and torching lighting.

Any idiot can light a torch. Edward? Leonardo? Meg? Some of them can even do it underwater. And I find that Laura and Micaiah don't always have something better to do.

Gauge lowering is an utterly trivial detail. I think, more so than Astrid's chip. Moreover, I don't see how rescue-dropping is useful in 3-12. 3-12 strategy is to send levelled beorc south and watch them utterly destroy everything.

Rescue dropping in 3-6? How do you prevent Fiona from getting attacked? I guess she could do a sacrifice drop, but then she's gone forever. Not that anyone would miss her I honestly have no idea how you could get Fiona to survive 3-6. Someone make a video of it

If you can protect Laura, Leonardo, and Micaiah, who also get 1-rounded, then you can protect Fiona who has better mobility due to Canto.

Alright Fiona:

3-6: She can light a torch and get two locations on the same turn. As in, reveal possibility of enemy laguz in the FoW, then move to reveal laguz for Jill to attack. Also, she is the best at rescue dropping the priest every other turn (I am assuming the player is competent and switches the Allies from Target Corner to Roam every other turn as needed for extra heals from the bishop). Also, Fiona can lower gauge, move out of the way and let someone else in. All of these things help unit survivability in a chapter where that is in extreme need (if you went fast enough in part 1).

3-12: She extends Micaiah's staff range by five. Micaiah can then go out five spaces into enemy threat ranges, and get rescued by Fiona. Someone like Aran then drops Micaiah of for repeat next turn. Since it is nearly impossible to form defensive lines out east, this is very valuable in chapter where once again your units will need to be healed because their avoid is questionable.

As for Astrid's chip. Her chip is literally not used at all in 3-9; I believe I completed the map the last four times without even deploying her (my time is worth something, therefore I didn't care for her movement phase). Also, she chips one Bowgun Warrior on turn 3 in 2-3 that I forgot about, but other than that, rescue dropping and attracting the attention of some boulders Astrid does nothing. Which is, in my opinion, not worth as much as Fiona's utility.

If you can protect Laura, Leonardo, and Micaiah, who also get 1-rounded, then you can protect Fiona who has better mobility due to Canto.

Not in my experiences. Micaiah and Laura have the advantage of being able to enter the swamp, which reduces 9 move enemies to 1-2. Fiona, on the other hand, is stuck on the island you start on, open to ambush from all directions. Unless I'm proven otherwise, I'm certain there's no reasonable way to keep her alive. And even if there was, she's causing such a strategic inflexibility that it's bound to outweigh whatever minuscule value she offers in rescue-dropping. Does she even have her full movement in 3-6?

Alright Fiona:

3-6: She can light a torch and get two locations on the same turn. As in, reveal possibility of enemy laguz in the FoW, then move to reveal laguz for Jill to attack. Also, she is the best at rescue dropping the priest every other turn (I am assuming the player is competent and switches the Allies from Target Corner to Roam every other turn as needed for extra heals from the bishop).

It doesn't matter who picks up the Bishop. He has enough range that it typically doesn't matter where you drop him.

In addition, if you're switching the AI in between Target Corner to Roam as needed, why is it necessary to rescue the Bishop in the first place?

Also, Fiona can lower gauge, move out of the way and let someone else in.

Leonardo can lower gauge and then get shoved out of the way.

3-12: She extends Micaiah's staff range by five. Micaiah can then go out five spaces into enemy threat ranges, and get rescued by Fiona.

I don't recall having issues with Micaiah's staff range.

As for Astrid's chip. Her chip is literally not used at all in 3-9; I believe I completed the map the last four times without even deploying her (my time is worth something, therefore I didn't care for her movement phase). Also, she chips one Bowgun Warrior on turn 3 in 2-3 that I forgot about, but other than that, rescue dropping and attracting the attention of some boulders Astrid does nothing. Which is, in my opinion, not worth as much as Fiona's utility.

And I always deploy Astrid in 3-9. While my time is valuable, I play for entertainment value and don't consider playing Fire Emblem to be an onerous chore that needs to be gotten over with as quickly as possible.

Not in my experiences. Micaiah and Laura have the advantage of being able to enter the swamp, which reduces 9 move enemies to 1-2. Fiona, on the other hand, is stuck on the island you start on, open to ambush from all directions. Unless I'm proven otherwise, I'm certain there's no reasonable way to keep her alive. And even if there was, she's causing such a strategic inflexibility that it's bound to outweigh whatever minuscule value she offers in rescue-dropping.

So for some reason, being unable to move onto the frontlines makes Fiona less durable. Sure. And somehow, being on an island with easy chokepoints and surrounded by river is somehow riskier than being in the river. Riiiiiight.

Does she even have her full movement in 3-6?

Of course she does. If you ever forget, then recall that 3-6 is the same map as 3-7.

Edited by Anouleth

It doesn't matter who picks up the Bishop. He has enough range that it typically doesn't matter where you drop him.

In addition, if you're switching the AI in between Target Corner to Roam as needed, why is it necessary to rescue the Bishop in the first place?

I rescue the bishop with Fiona to better direct him towards Jill when she goes off far away; however, now that you mention it, it does seem fairly superfluous.

Leonardo can lower gauge and then get shoved out of the way.

I don't recall having issues with Micaiah's staff range.

First of all, I already knew Leonardo was better than Meg (yes, you do usually need to use multiple characters to detransform laguz) and secondly, Micaiah's staff range is undeniably useful. If you are completing part 1 fast, Micaiah has crappy magic. And Jill, Nolan and Volug all want heals from Micaiah to get extra player phases where they aren't healing; on 3-12, player phases can be used to pick off units straying towards the back line, units with 1-2 range, units with a vulernary, units blocking the pathing, etc.

And I always deploy Astrid in 3-9. While my time is valuable, I play for entertainment value and don't consider playing Fire Emblem to be an onerous chore that needs to be gotten over with as quickly as possible.

So, my personal preferences aside, you agree that Astrid's chip contributes nothing to making a clear of 3-9 faster or safer? Because that is my definition of zero efficiency.

So for some reason, being unable to move onto the frontlines makes Fiona less durable. Sure. And somehow, being on an island with easy chokepoints and surrounded by river is somehow riskier than being in the river. Riiiiiight.

Weakness.jpg

I only see 1 chokepoint, namely the blue circle to the north. You can block that area with 2 units, but they'll get assaulted from behind, so they need to move forward into the swamp to benefit from enemies losing most of their movement.

I suppose you could use the NPCs as shields too, but that falls apart as soon as one of the NPCs guarding Fiona dies, leaving her open for a 1RKO.

Please enlighten me as to what strategic marvel would protect Fiona without it being a burden to the team.

Um, wow. By the start of turn 3 the player should have been able to force the Laguz back into the swamp in every direction except for below the dead tree in the east (where only two laguz spawn anyways as long as you don't stick your neck out) and since the laguz move 1 space per turn in swamp there are maybe 5 spaces that are not guaranteed to be safe.

Use the two fighters up north and west of the dead tree thingy, and then use Sothe and Zihark to block the east.

Edited by incognit0

I only see 1 chokepoint, namely the blue circle to the north. You can block that area with 2 units, but they'll get assaulted from behind, so they need to move forward into the swamp to benefit from enemies losing most of their movement.

Uh, I don't know how you play this map, but I typically have units or a unit on the right hand side killing enemies. It's not hard to place Jill such that she blocks the upper-right chokepoint, and the AI won't walk around the log because of the river slowing it down: they uselessly pile up (although ideally you would be killing them fast enough that they never pile up). I think I had Sothe and Zihark at the bottom-right point just in case, but aside from the enemies that start near there, they didn't end up fighting anything.

Please enlighten me as to what strategic marvel would protect Fiona without it being a burden to the team.

It doesn't really require a "marvel". And I can't say specifically a trick to keep her safe: the nature of the map is such that killing enemies at a fast rate (which you should be doing anyway) precludes any of them reaching the back lines.

Aright, after watching a video from Elincia's HM PT, I'm a believer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my6JrrER7kY&feature=player_embedded

From her approach though, the bishop is safe without rescue-dropping of any kind. And, since the enemies are so quickly contained, the bishop is free to heal every other turn. It wouldn't be wise to rescue-drop any playable units anyway, since that makes 2 units lose their player phase (the rescuee and the dropper) when enemies are clearly in range.

So, I'm still pretty convinced Fiona's 3-6 value is quite literally nothing. I'd still put her above Astrid for guarding a ledge in 3-13. That is, unless this 2-3 Devdan drop is somehow significant. Honestly who cares?

Essentially, I am fine if people value the one moment of chip and the Danved drop over Fiona's torching, gauge and Micaiah rescuing shenanigans (I prefer Fiona) but either way they should be on top of bottom.

Edited by incognit0

3-13 ledge guarding is only useful if we don't attempt to kill Ike for an early victory, which I'm sure is within the means of most playthroughs.

However, if we're going to assume deployment for Fiona, then she contributes to rescue-dropping in 1-7. I should have remembered that one, since we just talked about free deployment! Certainly, that would place Fiona above Astrid.

Edited by Anouleth

3-13 ledge guarding is only useful if we don't attempt to kill Ike for an early victory, which I'm sure is within the means of most playthroughs.

However, if we're going to assume deployment for Fiona, then she contributes to rescue-dropping in 1-7. I should have remembered that one, since we just talked about free deployment! Certainly, that would place Fiona above Astrid.

RIght now she is directly above Lyre, which is kinda a joke.

I would suggest for Bottom Tier:

Fiona

Astrid

Meg

Kurth/Oliver

Edited by incognit0

With the assumption of Elincia using Rescue to quickly clear the chapter, particularly if you one-turn, I'd say Pelleas' Fenrir chip on dragons with dragonfoe is then meaningless. Does he do anything else? And even if you aren't rescuing your way out of 4-5, there's probably only one dragon he gets to kill, so maybe he can drop.

Fiona only contributes to opening doors in 1-7,Sothe has more move, spd, hit & str and leaves fiona biting the dust. If we aim for efficient clear, Fiona can't go with sothe to the seize point, not with those bases.I'm still Meg>Fiona, I'll elaborate when I have a laptop, not a 3ds at hand.