Stat Averages Calculator

Raven

If you haven't got Microsoft Excel, or some equivalent that will have Microsoft Excel documents work, then I advise you to get one.

I've assembled a table with several hundred equations. It will automatically work out all averages for every level by simply inputting your base stats, growth rates and promotion gains. By inserting your promoted class's caps, it is also capable of telling you how much below or above the cap the average Lv20 promoted stats are.

Unpromoted

Unpromoted classes are to fill in the following fields highlighted in red:

unpromotedoq9.png

Important:

I realise there will be some units who may cap a stat or two while unpromoted, but I don't think I am able to create a "cap" of sorts, and so it keeps on going above the 20 cap that is supposed to be there. It's got to stay at 20 until the unit promotes. Check Guy's Speed stat for an example of what I mean. To fix this, if any of the following stats: strength/magic, skill, speed, defense and resistance, reach 20 or above before getting to Lv20, do the following:

Replace the Lv20 equation for the stat(s) that has reached 20 or above, with 20. This will fix this slight problem. As long as the Lv20 of that stat is 20, it will continue to work as it should. Don't worry about deleting and replacing the equation in this situation.

Do not edit/delete any of the equations, unless it's been said you can.

Pre-Promoted

Pre-promoted classes are to fill in the following fields highlighted in red:

promotedjc3.png

Important:

You are to leave all stats under "Base Stats" and "Promo Gains" as 0.

Remember to delete the equations used in the fields under "Promoted Base Stats". This is so that unpromoted and pre-promoted stats are totally cut off from eachother. This will result in the top half of the table being all 0's, but that doesn't matter.

Base Stats

Base stats to be edited by Unpromoted units only. After assembling your base stats using the FE7 class base stats data and the bonus points given, insert them here. Remember that Luck is initially 0, so your bonus points must be used if you want your bases to have some luck.

Promo Gains

Promotion gains to be edited by Unpromoted units only. This one's simple: Just go to the FE7 Promo Gains, find the class you promote to, then insert the relevant information here. Remember that Luck doesn't rise at all during promotion.

Growths

Growths to be edited by both Unpromoted and Pre-promoted units. Insert your stat growths here.

Stat Caps

Stat caps to be used by both Unpromoted and Pre-promoted units. Insert your Promoted Class's FE7 Stat Caps.

Promoted Base Stats

Promoted Base Stats to be viewed by both Unpromoted and Pre-promoted units, but edited by Pre-promoted units only. Basically this is your Lv1 stats for your promoted class. For Unpromoted units, this is based off the Base stats, Growths, and Promo gains. So don't touch.

Pre-promoted units are to delete the equations here, and replace them with their base stats, based off the FE7 pre-promoted unit bases and the bonus points given.

Promoted Lv20 Stats

Promoted Lv20 Stats are to be viewed by both Unpromoted and Pre-promoted units, but not to be edited at all. This is the average stats for your unit at 20/20 or --/20, for unpromoted and pre-promoted units, respectively.

Cap/Lv20 Difference

Cap/Lv20 Differences are to be viewed by both Unpromoted and Pre-promoted units, but not to be edited at all. This shows the difference between your unit's caps and the average stats, and it tells you how much under or over that stat is to the cap. If it's red and in the minus, it means the average of that stat is below the cap by however much is shown. If it's black and positive, then the average is over the cap by however much is shown.

Obtaining the Excel Calculator

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzoOx0uNIm7AdVFrckg4b0tWX0E

Click on the arrow on the left, next to the printer icon in the grey tab, to download.

If you notice any mistakes in either this post or the Excel Calculator I've assembled, post them here in this thread.

The same goes for any suggestions on how I can improve it.

Thanks.

Edited by Raven

one quick question,Is it mandatory to do all of this?If so,must we use the calculator,I can calculate my character's 20/20 averages pretty easily on my own,and give the differences if you need them.

Edited by Ethereal Hero

It's just a handy thing to have when you want to work out your stats fast and easy. Pretty useful, I'd say, without all the extra work of calculating. With this, everybody should be able to come up with their own stats.

Alright then, you've nothing to worry about.

This Excel calculator that Raven has put up is just for people looking for an easy and fast way to calculate their stats and growths and see if they are to their liking. Nothing more than that, and averages are certainly unneeded for us. We will just be inserting your bases and growths, anyway.

Updated -

Two downloads now available - one for Office 2007, another for Office 1997 - 2003. Enjoy. Also, any and all feedback's welcome, even if it is just to let me know who's using it. :D

Edited by Raven

As a aspiring mathematician, I have to say this: This isn't average stat counter, it's mode(sorry if the name is wrong, I study math in Finnish) counter. Mode is the stat with the highest chance of happening, average is the stat where the chance of getting a lower value is the same as getting a higher value.

As a aspiring mathematician, I have to say this: This isn't average stat counter, it's mode(sorry if the name is wrong, I study math in Finnish) counter. Mode is the stat with the highest chance of happening, average is the stat where the chance of getting a lower value is the same as getting a higher value.

Point taken. As a failed A level mathematician, I should have remembered that, at least. But I will keep it as "Average" in the title because it gives the same results as what the main site gives on existing FE characters.

What you're referring to are the so-called "simple" averages. Or in other words, the mode. The average is the point where 50% of the time the stat will be below it, the other 50% of the time the stat will be above it.

• 6 months later...

For those who are being urged to work on your character's stats, I'd like to ask you to give this a try, if you don't mind. It would make the job of working out your own stats alot easier on yourself.

Feedback and questions welcome, as usual.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My only complaint with the excel file was that there was no easy way to specify desired starting stats at a level other than 1. I fixed this by making the base stats =starting stat - (level-1)*growth, with an extra chart for the desired starting level and stats. This things pretty useful.

Edited by deranger

Hello everyone, I like to mess around in excel, so I thought I'd help out! I don't want to edit the file and post it without permission, so I will say that you can cap a stat by adding a simple function. Let's say you are dealing with the str stat. Your unpromoted str cap is in cell G7 (for example). Just add "=min($G$7, $formula)" where $formula is the growth formula. And that's it! If your stat goes above the cap, it will display the maximum value of that stat. I would be happy to do it, but I don't want to step on any toes

It would also be possible to allow the starting level to be specified with a slight tweak.

Edited by Whitefang

• 8 months later...

Hoshit, I totally forgot this was hosted there. I will look for a new place. Thanks for bumping and telling me of this problem.

Edit: It's now hosted on MediaFire. Have fun.

Edited by Railgunz