3-13

Shadrach

I usually block the right entrance and the middle ledge. The allies on the left side usually die so I just let the enemies come to the person blocking the left square in the middle ledge. Anyone I'm not using blocks the rest of the ledges. Towards the end of the chapter, I send the allies down to get their asses kicked by the Greil Mercenaries. It's a fun chapter.

Do you play on normal or hard mode?

313dw9.jpg

The most usable strategy is to block the southern ledge with two characters(4 and 5 - preferably Nolan and Zihark with an A support, but you can also go for 2 other leveled characters, like Sothe) and the partner unit. Let Tauroneo(6) stand in the back(the partner unit starts to move when he is damaged to a certain amount of HP) or just replace the partner unit with him by rescuing with another character(I always use Volug for this).

Next, try to block the upper ledges with other characters(3, 7 and 8 - they do not have to be trained, but beware of the hawks) so that the cats and tigers cannot reach you. Also put two units at the ledges in the west(1 and 2) since there will be reinforcements)

And then, you just have to wait, eventually heal Tauroneo and the other unit defending down there(4) and kill some random tigers and cats in your attack range from the ledges.

Micaiah can go some squares to heal the units in your range. But if you play on hard mode, you cannot reach units 4, 5 and 6. If you have leveled her, I guess you did because it is your first playthrough, you can try to attack with your ranged spell.

As for the Hawks, you can either hope for your partner units to kill them or you can kill them by yourself with units in the near, it depends on where the Hawks are.

What you can also do is to make Tauroneo a Marshall via Master Seal, give him the Pass skill and the boots and go down to kill Ike with Luna. Just battle save at the end of your turn and be patient.

Edited by Geist

I was going to post yesterday, but the forums were acting up.

I beat this chapter right after I posted this topic. I changed my strategy around, and it all became extremely easy. The only time I thought I might've run into trouble was when the laguz reinforcements came from the west pit. I was able to move Sothe to guard the entrance by there, and he ended up killing the tiger. The 3-13 archer criticaled on the other two. It was nice.

So I got a Wii for Christmas, and I went out and finally got Radiant dawn. I've been playing it almost non-stop these last few days. It's insanely addictive. I got to 3-13 last night and died fairly quickly. Went to bed, got up this morning, played again. Nolan has beastfoe + crossbow, but that ended up screwing him over after he got attacked by 3 cats and 2 tigers in a row. So then I decided to be ultra conservative and just defend the green line. A hawk slipped past the defenses. -_-

I'm 'bout ready to chuck the wiimote through the screen of my t.v. Did anyone else have this much trouble with this chapter?

Does Nolan have a support partner? If he has a A or B support, it will make this chapter a lot easier.

Here is the strategy: Block the two squares which lead to the stairs in the center with Nolan and his support partner. Since this is a defence chapter, you may want to get rid of his Beastfoe so that he doesn't get attacked by everything. Make sure they're in support range. Then block every single ledge with any character you like. You have to watch out for the hawks which the partner units can do with their ballistae.

It's one of the trickiest chapters in the game, so don't be discouraged.

Edited by Julius

I personally found 3-6 to be more annoying, but that was because my Dawn Brigade was massively underleveled, so don't take my word for it.

Anyways, what's the state of your Tauroneo? I remember promoting him with a Master Crown, setting him up with an elixer, and having him sit around acting as a magnet for the laguz. The cats couldn't do shit to him, the tigers wound up getting pwned by Resolve, and it generally kept the enemy lines away from my partner and underlevelled units. This, of course, is only if your units are really underleveled.

If not, guard all openings, let the partner units handle the hawks with the ballistae, and if you venture forward, you might want to retreat a bit since the Greil Mercenaries will move during the last few turns of the chapter.

I forgot to mention, you should start retreating once Ike gets in the range of your units. Don't charge! It's too risky to charge. Like I said, block the two squares and block all the ledges. The laguz can only attack your two units, except hawks, but they are uncommon.

I found 3-12 to be way more difficult.

But what I did for the chapter was have Zihark (I had to make him a true blade to beat 3-12) and Tauroneo gaurd the two entry points. I had Micaiah, Sothe, and Edward stand on the ledge. If the hawks get too close I have Micaiah use purge on them.

Chapter difficulties are generally personal opinion. I am talking about hard mode.

I found 3-6 and 3-13 to be the trickest. I'm not gonna say hard honestly because there are some really cheap strategies for each of them.

3-12 was nothing compared to them because they have those filthy sub-humans.

In 3-12, I had Sothe + Nolan and Zihark with A support guard the southern part and put the partner units on halt. Actually, that's the only thing I did and I beat the chapter.

Edited by Julius

Also if you still have a couple units you never use and are still at first tier, put them on the ledge to the left, the Laguz that spawn there won't be able to move. I did this with Meg and Fiona.

Also a really interesting stratedgy in Hard mode I did was in the bridge chapter I had all the GM's trade with each other so that they all had weapons they couldn't use. It didn't help much, but it was fun! If your GM's are underleveled you should consider doing this with the DB.

I don't really use anyone in Micaiah's group so I don't care about the experiance. I sometimes use Edward but he kills so many laguz with beast foe so it's not needed.

Yeah just block the two entances and have the Ally Phases take out the hawks. The ones that do survive, Jill can take them