The Scouring

Dathiason Kx

"Indeed,let's move!"Ether said,and leaped toward the castle,taking the other two by surprise with his agility.

"What's wrong?Can't keep up?"Ether shouted toward the two,and they both raced to follow.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC:I'm a dragoon,we have like...superhuman jumping ability,it's the base of our fighting technique,and one of the reasons we are so mobile,a dragoon is basically a cavalry unit without a horse and the disadvantages that brings(less weapon control,less bracing,etc.)...basically,I can leap over buildings in a single bound!

"Heh,managed to catch up did you?"Ether called back to the pair,who were now mere feet behind him.

"Well,let's see how you handle this!"Ether exclaimed,and made an elegant flip through the air,clearing the top of a watchpost and landing on the other side,an obstacle the horses would have to navigate around.

When the two got across,Ether was waiting at the gate,chuckling to himself,as Amy and Jay looked at him with astonished expressions.

((I'd better actually get near the action...))

"Arch-sage Athos, where am I supposed to go?" asked Chaz.

"I sense that you will be most needed up north," replied Athos after a brief pause. "There is something I need you to do there."

"Where am I needed, Arch-sage Athos?"Chaz inquired, puzzled at the arch-sage's request.

"I need you to deliver a parcel to the general of the arm," said Athos, as he anded a package to Chaz. "Her name is Amy. This is an urgent case, so I need you there immediately."

"But sir, I don't even know how to get there," Chaz remarked.

"That is why I will send you there myself," said Athos. He took out a bizarre looking staff, and held it in front of Chaz. Chaz saw a strange light envelope him, then instantly disappeared.

"Good luck, boy. You may very well need it," said Athos.

A purple light appeared in a distant sky

Chaz fell from the light with a shout of "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" and landed on the ground with a loud crash- right in front of a certain dragoon!

"Ow... Not one of my greatest moments, I'd say," Chaz commented, a bit roughed up. He noticed a girl trying to control her horse, and asked, "Are you, by any chance, General Amy? 'Cause if you are, I've got a package for you from Arch-sage Athos."

"Hmm...Athos,i've heard of him,isn't he the old sage out in the desert,the one who took out a whole squad of fire dragons on his own?"Ether asked the archer,helping him up to his feet.

"Anyway,isn't it a rather dangerous hobby to imitate a meteorite?"Ether asked sarcastically.

"Ah, dang lock," Vrai Entobi muttered. Where he was, it was rather dark and hard to figure out a lock he couldn't see.

Clack!

Suddenly, the lock opened, and something fell to the ground at Vrai's feet with a metalic thud. He winced as the sound echoed down the hallway.

When no one came, he pushed open the door, and it creaked slowly, a long slow whine that set Vrai's nerves on edge. Resisting the urge to curse, Vrai slipped inside the treasure room.

A single chest stood in the middle of it, protected only by a small lock. Getting to work quickly, Vrai unlocked it and opened it to see its contents.

A single gemstone was inside, plain blue, no swirls at all.

Vrai sighed. "How dissapointing. Oh well, I should make the best of this."

He made sure to lock both doors again before lightly running until he was outside, causing many stares.

Nimbly, Vrai rolled before he hit the ground, and whirled around, a sword suddenly appearing in his hands. The guards, distracted by the sword, were suddenly punched in the face by the fast rogue.

They hit the dirt, unconcious, and Vrai continued running.

Edited by Karino

"Hmm...A runner eh?"Ether said in excitement,and leapt toward the rogue.There was the sound of metal on gravel and when Jay,Amy and the guards looked up,Ether had tackled the rogue to the ground and bound his hands.

"Got him."

"Whoa,hold it Jay,I got him covered."Ether said as he blacked Jay's sword."This kid should at least get a trial,after all."Ether continued as he tied Vrai's hands and confiscated his weapon,as well as handing Jay the gem.'Here's what he stole,let's go kid."

"I didn't fiddle with locks to be stopped by the likes of you," Vrai muttered. He squirmed free, then feinted to the left with his right fist. With his left, he snitched back his sword. "I need the money that gem can get me," he said, preparing for a fight. He was trying to look determined, but his face was desperate.

Edited by Karino

"Fiesty little fella ain't ya?"Ether responded to Vrai.I didn't want to resort to this...but if you wanna play that way."

Ether than charged Vrai,swiftly disarming him,then knocking him out with a whack to the back of the head."That should keep him out till we can get him in a cell,then we can hear his testimony."Ether said nonchalantly,and secured Vrai to the back of Jay's horse. "Let's move,eh?"Ether asked Jay.

((Sorry I haven't posted in a while!))

"Ha ha, I definitely like falling out of the sky due to Athos's warp," said Chaz sarcastically." I thought there was someone named Amy around here? Either way, I'm the only one who's allowed to appear out of the blue," he added, addressing Vrai.

Edited by Reinfleche