New skin: Magical Purple

VincentASM

To sort-of-commemorate the anniversary of the forums, I decided to make a new custom skin.

You can enable it by navigating to the drop down menu at the very bottom left of the forums and changing the selected skin from "Serenes Forest" to "Magical Purple".

Anyway, I'll leave this topic open for feedback for the skin and the banner (and also to report any errors you've noticed- bear in mind that some non-purple/red colours might not be errors). I don't mind a couple of "W00t" or "it sucks" posts, but try not to spam too many of those X D

The background is kind of a filler right now. I don't have any good ideas as to what to put there.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like it, but the red links make it difficult to distinguish the admin colors.

Yeah, that was one of the sacrifices I made. On the plus side, you can now see NTG, if she ever comes on X D

Lol at Tinny and Yuria. Seeing the theme is Magical Purple, why don't you use ArthurTinny/Sara/Yuria/Tiltyu OA as the background? To match the banner I mean. =3

And I like the color. <3

A background is not even necessary.

Though a fairly simple skin, it's a very nice skin. There are only a couple of minor nitpicks I have, such as the white border around the banner and your red administrator color being hard to distinguish from the normal member color. Oh yeah, and where it says which users are reading the topic below the bottom post, Royals with their grey color have a red underline, whereas I think that should be grey as well...

But like I said, that's just some minor nitpicking. Good job ^_^

It's hard to made repeatable backgrounds using OA. Although it's only troublesome for people who use massive resolutions.

Royals with their grey color have a red underline, whereas I think that should be grey as well...

No, that's correct. Only mods, admins and assistants have underlined names.

Edited by VincentASM

I can dig it. I'm not a fan of the red links, but the massive amounts of green of the old skin were getting on my nerves so I think I'll stick with poyple

MAGICAL PURPLE WAND TRANSFORMATION GO~!!

Actually, I rather enjoy the new layout. The banner is a bit lacking, to me, but that's because I go to too many GFX forums, I guess. Also the red links could go to a darker grey, maybe? I don't mind them, but it would match the butans pretty well and stuff.

It looks more grey than purple to me. Should I be worried?

It happens to me when my eyes get tired... so maybe...

Are any staff thinking of making another New Skin in the mere future?

Just me I think, and perhaps.

I'm not too thrilled with the red hyperlink text, but other than that I don't have any problems.

Clearly it just means we're all administrators. God, Musashi, way to screw up. Again. Joking aside, the new skin looks pretty nice, though it's definitely hurting from the lack of a background image.

TBH I don't really think that a background is necessary with the skin. Overall I think it's interesting, but too lilac for my tastes. I'll stick with the mean green for now.

Edited by Iceland

It's magically delicious.

=o Was this why my cereal seemed extra good today?

This one is pretty =D I don't know which one I'm going to use...

I think I will go with which one shows best with my color!