kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a She!

But more importantly the symbol on the dogtag looks suspiciously like the one on my computer. (Power switch)

After asking Kiryn if stealing the dogtag would make her cease to function.

Unfortunate it doesn't :(

However, ripping the dogtag off her does turn her "on" (Her anger that is)

Edited by Kanami

Ah, thanks.

With the coloring mostly I just want to fix the neatness, I dunno..

aaaaaaaanyway ANOTHER SKETCHDUMP

[spoiler=BIGASPERUSUAL]orchestrasketchdump.png

Alternate title: I don't do shit in orchestra rehearsal.

Lady on the left was just random, I think she's a concert pianist or some such. Middle is a bunch of designy stuff related to her. On the right is me, van de graaf generator'd. By that point the section leader noticed and yelled at me so there isn't any more.

Of course Photobucket is an ass and won't accept the normal scale and won't scale it nicely, you can see it fullsize (scanned it real big derp) or at least at a better scale here

Edited by Kiryn

Hm... I tried to give Morgan a little padding all round the edges, whereas on this one I just tried to get the body proportions a bit closer to normal and gave the hips a little padding (and not very much; part of it's the pose). Of course, it seems like I'm notoriously bad about only being able to draw a few body types, so maybe that's why.

Trying to move away from really skinny figures towards more realistic ones, unless the character in question (like Nory, the blue-haired kid) is meant to be "skinny" rather than "slender" or "thin" (i.e. probably underweight).

Edited by Kiryn

Work in progress:

[spoiler=BIG]wip1.png

Yes, her again. I need to clean up her outlines and do all the shading. All of it. And details on the buildings, and making the sky pretty, and whoa everything. But yeah, this started as perspective practice and I think I'm going to turn it into something cooler. any comments so far?

I'm horrible at perspective, so I can't really offer you any advice there. I love that character's design, though. Looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

From your sketches above, I really like that pianist, too. The facial shape needs some work (her left cheek, opv, is very flat), but her figure is just so feminine and natural. Nice work!

Whoa, very awesome. I love the prospective on this. It makes me want to join that character and look at whatever she's looking at. :)

ahdfasklfjaslk;fjaklsklfsa I should have been doing homework for the past two hours but instead I did this for an art contest for a club I'm in:

aurorabackground.jpg

it's REALLY FRICKIN BIG and Photobucket hates that so bigger versions are over at my dA account Painting The Sky

haugh Photoshop brush abuse

edit: different starfield, more pink on the aurora, added details/smoothed edges/messed with contrast on person

aurorabackground-1.jpg

Edited by Kiryn

More on that WIP from like nine years (or just a page) ago:

nory_WIP.jpg

Will probably change the lighting on the far windows. Need to mess with shading on the figure a lot, and haven't given her a lighting layer yet. Not sure whether I want to keep the cel-ish color blocks or what.

suddenly there was a livestream but then it ended

Progress on the WIP from stream:

nory_WIP-1.png

Stupid crap I drew for the stream:

randomsilly1.png

Kiev from Lord of Azure Flame looking pathetic, hail, a killer robot, Randy the bandicoot with a katana (I only drew the katana), dog with a frisbee, tuna sandwich, umbrella.

Edited by Kiryn

blush.gif

aaaaaaaaa kiryn's brain has trouble parsing nice things

thank you!

Livestreaming seems to have become a regular thing for my LoAF character art; I may have to make it a semi-regular thing for other art, because it makes me draw more and drawing more is good.