kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psych: I'm not really doing requests right now buuut I might do some painting practice of different locations from the Medium at some point, sooo.

@Sage: All I really have by way of 3D stuff to post at the moment is last semester's project, which I need to put into a forum-presentable form. There'll be more soon (project punchdragon) but other than that really the only 3D I've got at the moment is the stuff from my job, which is boring research stuff and also I probably can't go posting it online.

The reason that this thread gets so much character art is that it's the easiest way for me to destress and the fastest to draw, so a lot of it gets produced.

this seems as good a time as any to repost the

listy thing, now with more detail

shit what needs made

--Ridiculously grandiose commish for offline friend (unsure when)

--Psychonauts card commish for offline friend (next few weeks)

--Return of the Emblem character commish for slaveblade (~3/4 done) (HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK)

--LoAF character lineup part 4 (Snike, Ether, $third_player) (lord only knows when)

--that ancient request Psych took out with the Problem Sleuth guys (by Halloween)

--punchdragon 3D model for game programming class (before the final project gets assigned)

--???

--art assets for building on character creation minigame (unsure when)

--art assets for Project Wings (pref by end of semester)

shit what needs to be turned presentable and posted

--Skoll model, short (last semester's animation final)

--character creation minigame (game design class assignment)

--rainy Flash puzzle toy (game design class assignment, fell short of what wanted to do with but looks nice)

Since it's Halloween, I think you're planning to do the PS guys in their Spooky outfits? I don't even remember my original request.

ps please include hysterical dame and nervous broad and make some sort of fan spooky outfits for the two of them

If I had money I probably would actually commission you.

3 free requests? Oh gee, um....

I guess do a Candy Corn Vmapire/Gummy Worm Zombie/Tootsie Roll Frankenstein as a team cause shit just got real.

You can do a stupid animated background if you want.

Oh hey found it

Not necessarily this request or whatever, but I'd be interested in see you stream something again Kiryn, like this weekend or next week or something.

that is a FANTASTIC idea especially when i need to work on stuff and want people to pester me about it! ZOOM. nak nak nak nak there was a stream here but now there's not

STUFF WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED DURING THE STREAM:

joeypreview.png

also some sprites that will feature in a later game entry

STUFF WHAT WAS BEFORE THE STREAM BUT OH WELL POSTING IT NOW ANYWAYS:

classyrosepreview.png

[spoiler=listy thing]

shit what needs made

--LoAF character lineup part 4 (Snike, Ether, $third_player) (lord only knows when)

--that ancient request Psych took out with the Problem Sleuth guys (by Halloween)

--punchdragon 3D model for game programming class (before the final project gets assigned)

--???

--art assets for current design assignment (by tuesday augh)

--rainy Flash puzzle toy (game design class assignment, fell short of what wanted to do with but looks nice)

Edited by kdanger

AUGH DAMMIT MY LAPTOP IS BROKEN AGAIN. Can't charge while it's turned on. Most likely can't charge at all, actually. Having to do homework elsewhere. Sorry, Psych, looks like this will be a little late...er. Sigh. I wanted to get that done today.

ALL art on hold until new laptop arrives, unless I'm able to get a temp fix done.

still no laptop

still gotta practice

clicky for fullview it's like 2000x2000

o8PdT.png

Left-to-right:

Top row: Human GLaDOS and Caroline (Portal), Flannery (Pokemon), some random, TITANIA (Fire Emblem 9/10)

Middle: Feferi and Meenah (Homestuck), Daine (Tamora Pierce's Tortall books)

Bottom row: Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist) (WE CAN DO IT!), chibi Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter), Sn0wman (Homestuck).

New laptop has arrived. Haven't finished transferring files and programs over from the old one, also I am sick, so going to be a bit slow getting back into things. Meanwhile have some Homestuck update art and the list to remind me.

2NF2D.png

[spoiler=list]

shit what needs made

--???

--art assets for final design assignment (over the next while)

--the entirety of Prospit Checkers (programming assignment)

Oh hey! I remember her! Cool; I can't wait to see the finished model! :D

lol; man, I should somehow sometime try to learn 3D modeling and animation again. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out without the time restraints pushing my panic button. 'Course, that requires the program to work.

Well, I'd need to buy the actual program since the free trial ran out is the main issue. 3DS MAXX 2010, iirc, is what I learned on.

Autodesk has all their software available with free educational license (read: limitations on file saving/exporting), if you're looking for Maya or 3DSMax. Blender (the one I'm using there) is entirely free with no limitations, and has a fair number of tutorials available online for free as well.

This thing is for one of my end-of-semester projects, so the final result should appear in December sometime.

Also progress. Just got to smooth out some creasing in the face and fix the eyes and textureriganimateaaaaaaa

3wXkl.png

I've only done a limited amount of 3D work myself, but when fixing the creasing in the face, you might want to also adjust the cheek and add some roundness to the face. Right now the eyes are feeling a little flat on the face, when they should in fact be a little round, following the contour of the skull. This is a weakness I have as well, because when you work with photo reference it's hard to "feel" how the face curves in a drawing or photograph, especially if you only have a front-on and/or side view to work from. I'd also bump her nose and mouth further up her face, as it looks very unnatural in 3D. The legs are also very short relative to her arms. In fact, her arms are actually longer than her legs. Because of the length of her torso, her legs stand out as needing an extension. Her thighs are about right if they start where I think they start, could possibly be longer, but her calves are really short. At least it's an easy fix in 3D. I do think, from this angle at lest, her arms and hands are looking good, as well as her shoulder area, and the actual technique in building her face is made up of edge loops, so thumbs up for that. I can't say much about the wings because I never worked on anything like that, but I think they look pretty good so far too.