kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WENT AWAY AND COULD NOT USE MY TABLET

so here I go drawing my Jedi Sentinel on (gasp) actual paper.

michaelipreview_zps9c29d7b7.png

new year's resolutions:

catch up with my damn queue

update my damn portfolio

hunt down and reinstall the century gothic font and fix my inconsistent preview images

finally learn how to fix scans so they aren't super messy

(the background on this one is supposed to be a little dingy, because I smeared graphite on it to make the lightsabers stand out, but when I was futzing with the levels on the scan I still couldn't get the sabers as bright as I wanted to blarg halp)

Edited by kdanger

tumblr_mg6476EPLd1r211fmo1_r1_500.png

And now I am going to draw more things (lineup and Igrene!), and apply for a job or three, and maybe go for a bike ride! GETTING SHIT DONE. The usual mental fog is missing at the moment and at least for now I feel like if it comes back I will simply PUNCH IT IN THE FACE.

Hmm. Drawing this was kind of fun, and motivational, and it is an easy warmup exercise. Anyone else want one? Drop me a PM or a Tumblr ask with a picture of yourself (and a description of your outfit if it’s not the same as the one in the picture), and I’ll try to do one per day I guess. No promises on getting them done in any sort of order. (Try to go with an outfit you actually have, the point is not to be a badass while being someone else!)

• 2 weeks later...

so then classes happened, and also my entire brain is star wars everything is star wars

so for now you get an old republic sketchdump, which is not the self-inserts i promised in prax's thread (i have a pokemon one in progress though)

and i promised a thrawn trilogy sketchdump ages ago so that'll have to be soon

and i gotta draw another today is a day to be a badass for someone on tumblr

and finish the LoAF lineup which has almost all the ink done now

yes

i must draw things

anyway

[spoiler=click the image for big etc]GchU4.png

Left-to-right:

Michaeli: Jedi Sentinel, currently the furthest advanced in her story. Easygoing and friendly, idealistic and firmly devoted to the Republic and the Jedi Order. I am sad because while her robes are nice, they completely hide her awesome arm and shoulder muscles. I might have to upload the underdrawings separately just because yes.

Captain Felixandra Tachi: Smuggler, no advanced class yet. Ridiculously charming and dashing in the proper scoundrelly sort of way for a smuggler.

Mitth'iri'akla: (i'm sorry for the surname) (okay i'm really not) Cold, professional Imperial Operative. Strong sense of duty to the Empire and order in general. Efficient, dislikes waste. I really like how she looks in Imperial uniform, but in-game and in context she doesn't dress like she's affiliated with the Empire at all (after all, as a secret agent, she can't be displaying her true loyalties all over) so her clothes are just sort of nondescript here. Probably will draw her in uniform at some point anyway. A lot.

none of the equipment here had a direct reference lol i just drew shit from memory and a vague idea of what i wanted them to look like

Also they gave me more character slots and I am drunk on the power so there's a Jedi Consular and a Sith Inquisitor and an undecided in order at some point

lol the consular is going to be such a jackass and i'm terrible because he's a miraluka and i named him beifong

Edited by kdanger

[spoiler=stupid star wars comics]stop_climbing_shit__michaeli_by_kdanger13-d5svfo7.png

I realized that because I am ludicrously reckless when it comes to climbing shit in the game, my Jedi Knight probably scares the living daylights out of most of her companions on a regular basis. Stop climbing shit Michaeli, get down from there. (Most of my climbing shit is on Knight because I want to get all the map exp. For some reason this is less of a priority with my other three, I guess I just haven't got to the right planets with them yet. Thiria climbs stuff a little but she doesn't scare her companions because her companion (singular at the moment) is Kaliyo and Kaliyo don't give a fuck.)

also I did a thing that warrants being fullview buttoned again finally! it is also star wars. but at least it is not old republic.

marajadepreview_zpsf841c4fa.png

I had picked up a copy of the comic adaptation of Heir to the Empire with some Christmas money, because I remembered it being the only comic adaptation where I really liked the art. It wasn't as good as I remembered, but parts were still pretty great, so some of Mara's design from that went into this (this is definitely Mara circa Heir to the Empire, she's got Luke's confiscated saber and all).

Now I just need to draw like... the entire rest of the cast of that trilogy because yes.

ETA disclaimer that I had to put when posting this elsewhere: PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW FILMS. NOT THE SINGLE TINIEST BIT OF INFORMATION. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW. THANKS.

Edited by kdanger

Thanks! It has been a while. I went home for break with the usual delusions about getting a bunch of art done and then there were job applications and the usual paralyzing mental haze that comes with being in proximity to my parents, and then the chaos of starting the semester. I definitely need to do this more.

[spoiler=list of artcrap i need to do]

shit what needs made

--Ridiculously grandiose commish for offline friend

--Psychonauts card commish for offline friend

--LoAF character lineup part 4 (Snike, Ether, Whistler) (imma try finish the lineart tomorrow it's almost done)

--that ancient request Psych took out with the Problem Sleuth guys

--texture on the punchdragon model plus a few more animation cycles (next couple weeks), more punchdragon forever all semester

--thrawn trilogy sketchdump andor lineup

--old republic lineup to get it out of my system (yeah that's sure going to work)(actually it might)(we'll see)

--Thrawn block's C'baoth's lightning (I AM GOING TO PAINT THIS, IT IS GOING TO BE GLORIOUS... ONE DAY)

--???

--art assets for building on character creation minigame (unsure when)

--art assets for Project Wings

shit what needs to be turned presentable and posted

--character creation minigame (game design class assignment)

--rainy Flash puzzle toy (game design class assignment, fell short of what wanted to do with but looks nice)

Edited by kdanger

one of these days i will learn not to do art updates after midnight, because fewer people are around then

bringtherainpreview_zps463145a6.png

that day has yet to actually come

also so yeah how bout that Border RP that died

this is your warning that one day I am going to reboot it

probably one day after my brain starts working more better again, stay tuned

Heheh, thanks.

i totally did stuff yesterday and today

do we really need to guess what it was

(yes it was Star Wars)

[spoiler=old republic sketchdump from yesterday]old_republic__chillin__by_kdanger13-d5u77db.png

i'm pretty sure the original point of this one was michaeli's muscles but then it turned into a sketchdump of three out of my four old Republic mains and their various manners of relaxing. also i failed pretty hard at foreshortening felixandra's leg daugh

--Michaeli is pretty chill wherever; the Jedi training plus her generally easygoing nature means that if nothing's immediately wrong, she can relax easily, appreciate the scenery or whatever. She's also an egregious morning person and will get up at the crack of dawn to watch the sunrise even if she and her companion/crew have spent a rough, short night camping outdoors. They are guaranteed to absolutely hate her for her ability to just get up, stretch, and be all "hey, the galaxy is pretty cool, I'm okay with having to save it all the time."

--Felixandra is in her element in any cantina that stocks the good stuff, preferably also one full of attractive beings. Some of which may buy drinks from her. Some of which she may buy drinks for. She's well aware of her own charm and good looks, and doesn't mind exercising them on occasion.

--Thiria hasn't really got the hang of relaxing. On the rare occasion that she has time to herself she'll watch a holo from home or something, but she does it crunched up over her desk; there's no tension relief there. Kaliyo probably laughs at her inability to chill.

Two reasons why Ceidan isn't on here. One, practical problems; my tablet started being finicky after Thiria. Two, in-character he hasn't really even got the concept of relaxing yet. He's not used to free time and for some reason it's harder for him to adapt to than the idea that he can now snap back at anyone who mistreats him. When he figures out that he's allowed to just take a moment off occasionally, he will take to it like one of those lab rescue puppies takes to the outdoors the first time they see grass. Well, like a kind of evil lab rescue puppy with disconcerting electrical and telekinetic abilities.

[spoiler=progress of other thing]gVSGdbg.jpg when I finish the ink and flats on C'baoth (cropped out) i am probably just going to panic lolololol BACKGROUNDS it will be finished... someday

got some stuff in the queue, anyway. vidyagaems to texture models for. contests to draw for. things.

Makin' me wanna play that SWTOR again. I played it at release, cancelled my subscription after two months and feel oddly responsible for its downward spiral into the worst F2P limitations I've ever seen.

It's funny, I can kinda recognize the hair styles in your drawings. Chiss are so badass nggghhhh

Also i like that weather mage one way up there, your stuff is well suited to that solid, lineless style :D

I think what I've determined is that when it comes to obnoxious things with different programs, I just don't feel pain. This is why I can use Maya, and also why I can derp along in TOR with only a Preferred status.

Well, that, and I found unlocks for some of the things I really wanted on the GTN.

eheheh if you can recognize the hair then I must be doing somethin right. also I totally wasn't a horrible person and gave Thiria a surname stolen from canon YES, YES I DID

also thanks! I have sort of a love-hate thing going on with lineless because when I do it it usually spawns a zillion layers so that I can keep things separate, but I do like how it turns out.

meanwhile slowly but surely workin on dragon textures

KuWuKJ2.jpg

i am going to murder the jankety bits of color around the edges of the bones

Thanks! More progress on that soon.

ahahaha I AM INCAPABLE OF DRAWING AT HOURS OUTSIDE THE 9PM-2AM RANGE or something I DON'T EVEN KNOW but I spent an hour and a half in SAI and this happened

michaeliportraitpreview_zps2f9eb98e.png

and this one's from the other day, proving that star wars has not erased homestuck from my brain

sotiredofbeingdead_preview_zps9b3bcce2.png

I haven't been completely idle! Latest updates:

--Started a Thiria portrait speedpaint. Got interrupted, should finish tomorrow or so.

--Punchdragon progress! Got a procedural building generator script for the team to use. Playable demo will be up soon! Textures are derping up on the model for some reason, but that should be fixed soon.

[spoiler=screenshot]g8izWVK.jpg

--Super quick color of Felixandra as per request:

a1N5LYN.png

--Some Homestuck update art

[spoiler=OBEY]obey_by_kdanger13-d5v3m25.png

--Speedpaint from today:

[spoiler=but everything changed when the Sith Empire attacked]ator1_zps9467ed6a.png

Edited by kdanger