kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly I should start a clothing business to support my last year and a half of college. It would primarily consist of ladies' pants that actually have decent pockets (I know there's a market for those) and stuff to sell to clipse.

Also pchoooooooooooo

dragongirl_preview.png

Edited by Kiryn

She looks like she doesn't take any shit from anyone.

Also, I would let her boss me around.

Edit: Something about the perspective of her left wing (her pov) is funky.

Edited by Balcerzak

Yeah she's one of my unhappy characters, in one of my unhappy settings. Ah well.

Oh, suppose I should note that since I'm drawing lots of things really big now, I've started linking fullviews to the images I post when they exist. Usually the links lead to the deviantart page for the picture, just hit download to fullview.

edit Yeh the wings are open different amounts.

Edited by Kiryn

Clearly I should start a clothing business to support my last year and a half of college. It would primarily consist of ladies' pants that actually have decent pockets (I know there's a market for those) and stuff to sell to clipse.

Also pchoooooooooooo

dragon_girl_by_kdanger13-d4fgz2x.png

Wow. This is one of your better drawings. I can see you have improved immensely.

Also no Roro on the poll? I am disappoint.

Edited by Dark Sage

Open different amounts, or sort of... curled out of the picture coming towards us? I think I was expecting the second visually, but didn't get any of the shadows or whatever that would be expected from that and got confused. Maybe. I dunno, I don't art good.

Dragon chick's shirt doesn't look particularly flier-friendly

If you can make decent-looking shorts with good pockets, and make it so that the hip:waist ratio isn't Barbie-style, I'd seriously think of buying that. My DS goes whereever I go~!

Looks flyer-friendly to me. It's the sort of shirt that people with wings can wear so that their wings can flap effectively. Plus, I don't think the proportions look Barbie-style. I think they look realistic for someone who is athletic.

I think the Barbie comment was directed at the clothing industry, not at the drawing...?

As for the shirt, there's kind of a balance to be struck between "not gonna fall off" and "cannot think of a plausible way of getting this on with wings involved, unless I start throwing zippers on it". This particular one would have some issues with actual flying (i.e. what happens when wind goes through it)... except she's currently flightless, because those wings are (by design) too small to get her off the ground.

Edited by Kiryn

what is this CS nonsense, get thee to a fashion school!

The shoes might be a touch uncomfortable, because my feet are strange like that. The dress and jewelry look nice!

• 2 weeks later...

POPO HAS CONVINCED ME to stop being a lazy butt and start making preview buttons for everything. The internet gods had damn well better be happy.

IN OTHER NEWS. Commissions are a thing that are going to happen because I am broke. I'm not expecting much demand but hell, it can't hurt to post it places. The details are here if you want them.

HOWEVER

this does not mean I'm going to stop doing free stuff. I'm just going to limit it. Here's what's going to happen:

• Every so often, I'm going to announce that this thread is open for some number of free requests.
  • If you want a request and they're available, post it to this thread. People who haven't had free requests done before get priority. ONE PER USER.
  • After I've taken however many requests, I'll announce that requests are closed again.
  • If you missed out this time, poke me over IRC or something (not in the thread!) and I'll make sure to let you know beforehand next time I open requests.
  • Request art will be the same quality level as the LoAF character art I've been doing, or you can opt for one of the $3-5 commission levels.

Notes:

• RP character art requests are an entirely separate matter for RP's that I'm in (LoAF, Border). LoAF art requests go to that thread and are always free unless you want above-and-beyond quality (i.e. printable), Border requests go here and are likewise free unless you want something ridiculous.
  • I make no promises for how fast free art will be completed. Commissions and of course homework get time priority. Free stuff gets done when it gets done.
  • Commissions go through the kdanger13 deviantArt account. If you don't have a dA and want to commission something, PM me and I'll give you contact info to deal with it via email. Free requests go through here and only through here-- no PM requests.
  • Free requests follow the same content guidelines as commissions, and I will ignore spammy requests.
  • Request art will be posted to this thread and to whichever deviantArt account of mine it fits best in; I will also send a download link directly to the requester.
  • Request art may suffer the indignity of being livestreamed along with my questionable music choices and inane commentary. You have been warned.

And with that, I'm going to declare this thread OPEN FOR THREE REQUESTS. THREE OF THEM. Go.

I'll also be keeping track of current projects in this thread, though the queue will not include everything.

Current Queue (no particular order cos I'm terrible like that)

-Homestucks: Tavros and Eridan to finish off the trolls, most likely followed by the kids/guardians/maybe ancestors, in whatever order. This is going to be an ongoing thing.

-LoAF art: Currently only has one request which keeps getting delayed by the requester.

-Dragon WIP: Giant friggin' dragon, why did I scan it in so big.

-Mew: Earlier request for another user.

oh you wanted ART in this thread?! seriously??? fiiiiiiiiiiiine (but you're going to have to click it)

colossus_preview.png

hopy shit, I drew something ON REAL PAPER! really big paper, waugh. with PASTELS so it was mainly an exercise in "how long can Kiryn go without panicking about hir hands being completely covered in dust and running to wash them???" (the answer is about ten minutes.) I was that one kid in kindergarten who refused to fingerpaint because I hated the feeling of paint on my hands... sort of begs the question of why I do this art crap. @_@

and yes, inspired by Shadow of the Colossus 8]

Edited by Kiryn

If I had money I probably would actually commission you.

3 free requests? Oh gee, um....

I guess do a Candy Corn Vmapire/Gummy Worm Zombie/Tootsie Roll Frankenstein as a team cause shit just got real.

You can do a stupid animated background if you want.

A serious request from Psych?! Wow. Yeah, I can do POSE AS A TEAM.

(To clarify, it's one request per user, but group shot is one request.)

Yeah I know. I was just trying to see what you meant when I typed it out.

Also try and do it as the schemas. ;/

Edited by arachnidsGrip

Hey Kiryn you remember that video you showed zo[h and I? I want you to draw something based on the huge thing at the end. Preferably in the style used in the Colossus image.