H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

THIS IS THE FINAL TIER LIST. NO MORE CHANGES SHALL BE MADE.

Top Tier

Abel

Arran

Astoria

Banutu

Barst

Beck

Jake

Boa

Bord

Caesar

Cain

Castor

Catria

Cord sucks, but not as much as-

Daros

Draug

Ellis

Est

Gato

George

Gordon

Hardin

High Tier

Jeigan

Julian

Lena

Linda

Lorenz

Mid Tier

Maria

Marich

Marth

Mathis

Low Tier

Midia

Minerva

Mishelan

Nagi

Navarre

Oguma

Paola

Radd

Ricard

Riff

Roger

Roshe

Samson

Sedgar

Sheeda

Shiida

Thomas

Tiki

Tomth/Dolph

Bottom Tier

Vyland

Wendel

Wolf

Chainey

Banned Suggestions

Xane

Arguing up Etzel if you are not Grandjackal

Arguing the tier list at all THIS IS DONE

-----

Return of the H5 tier list. Online Shop is allowed, turns using the arena are not counted towards total turn count, use of WiFi Loan Units assumed.

Use of map saves are not allowed. Player skill is assumed to be around Colonel M's level.

Xane, Beck, and Jake are too hard to tier.

Edited by FE3 Player

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I see Barst going above both Abel and Cain. Maybe Abel > Cain actually since having a Javelin since chapter 1 > not having it and Cain's got nothing to make up for it.

2. Castor in High tier? WTF?

3. Beck needs to move a bit, possibly higher than Jake.

4. Marth needs to move up. Forged rapier makes him great against chapters with cavaliers no matter what level he is.

5. Elice = 4th warp staff user, Recover staff and Aum staff and comes without the need of level ups.

6. Once again, Maria needs to go down.

7. Jeorge could probably move up a bit, he's doing decent chip damage right off the bat.

8. Cord to up-mid. He makes a decent Merc or Hunter and STR problems can be fixed by reclassing him to Fighter. He's only inferior to Barst due to slightly lower bases and starts with an E rank.

9. Tiki out of bottom tier. She's useful.

Edited by Levin

Once again I'm going to question why there's a million tiers between Julian and Rickard when they are realistically pretty much the same. Julian has a level lead...and he sucks at combat for longer. And that's about it.

I would say Wendel > Gotoh. He's useful for more maps, and he has no existence issues (24x means no Gotoh). He can stay as a staff using filler for pretty long, especially if you don't do gaidens.

Bottom tier seems rather oversized. Not sure what Minerva is doing there, but I haven't really looked into that.

I'm going to go ahead and make some changes. If BB or anyone else disagrees, and has good reason, they can be undone.

1. Wendell > Gotoh, no question about that.

2. Julian moved down a couple of slots, but not out of his tier (yet). Rickard moved into Low tier, because Julian's durability is already questionable, and Rickard's HP and Defense is significantly worse.

3. Marth moved to the top of high.

4. Ymir moved to Low-Mid tier, below Paola.

5. Made more changes than actually asked for, but both Elice and Boah are in Low tier now, and Etzel got bumped into Bottom tier in comparison.

6. Minerva moved to Low-mid. She has the means to be some extra help and isn't a complete failure.

7. Tiki in Low tier now.

8. Unsure about the top tier cast. A lot of comparison between them gets down into nitty gritty, nitpicky specifics, so I'm leaving them like that for now until after the inevitable heated discussion is done.

Keep in mind that changes can still be made. I updated the first post to reflect the changes.

Edited by FE3 Player

Are you sure about Merric in Clint Eastwood? Even if he gets all the Spirit Dusts, he's hands down the least durable dude up there except for Rena.

- If Barst as Merc will affect his position at all

Try seeing Barst as a Merc as some sort of stat booster that pretty much everyone in that class set wants. Actually, it should be seen like that for everyone, including Oguma, Wolf, Zagarro, etc.

Why did Etzel move to bottom tier? He's better than Boah.
Doesn't have an auto-C in staves, though you're right, the gap isn't big enough to warrant a whole tier difference.
Are you sure about Merric in Clint Eastwood? Even if he gets all the Spirit Dusts, he's hands down the least durable dude up there except for Rena.
Putting him in top of top tier, but leaving Sedgar and Xane in their own tier.
Try seeing Barst as a Merc as some sort of stat booster that pretty much everyone in that class set wants. Actually, it should be seen like that for everyone, including Oguma, Wolf, Zagarro, etc.
Okay. That's enough reason for me to keep him where he is until further debate happens.

I also want to take usefulness as a different class into account as well, not just Merc. Ex: Even if he doesn't take Merc, he can still do things a Merc can't, such as Hand Axe and judge Barst as an overall very solid unit (since overall solid units tend to be great no matter what their class).

Edited by FE3 Player

Just a question, why is Shiida so high up? She seems rather weak.
She can actually double and Wing Spear puts her damage output higher than other units, and doesn't have to be leveled up for it. She's an instant gratification unit.

4. Ymir moved to Low-Mid tier, below Paola.

Low is already pushing it since he's not doubling jack shit here. No way not doubling anything ever qualifies you for low mid.

6. Minerva moved to Low-mid. She has the means to be some extra help and isn't a complete failure.

...On this mode? Yeah, she IS a complete failure, actually. Won't double crap, dies in two hits, and deals rather meh damage even with Hauteclere.

Also, Ricardo really should be bottom. He's just helpless now.

Castor in High tier? WTF?

He's ranged, and can have some lategame use due to good offense and move [9 move keeps lets him move in and out of danger rather easily] maybe high is pushing it, but he's at least a tier up on Captain Gordin.

EDIT 2:

Beck above Jake? whut? Jake has higher atk and hit, stats that actually matter for ballistas [especially the hit], plus a level lead.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

Dolph =/= Bottom tier. He has potential in H5 despite the fact that he comes in chapter 12. C rank Lances as AK means Ridersbane usage. Like Cord, he makes a decent Merc, Hunter and Fighter unpromoted and still a decent General after promotion.

He's ranged, and can have some lategame use due to good offense and move [9 move keeps lets him move in and out of danger rather easily] maybe high is pushing it, but he's at least a tier up on Captain Gordin.

Above Gordin yes. But Gordin and Castor are mostly useful for like the first 3 chapters. Castor's growths and bases are quite troublesome and often result in poor progress, Dark Mage Draug or Mage Sheeda can make a better chip damage unit than Hunter Castor.

Hell, I'll take a Generic Hunter over Castor since those have always been better than a lvl 4 or 5 Castor.

Edited by Levin

EDIT 2:

Beck above Jake? whut? Jake has higher atk and hit, stats that actually matter for ballistas [especially the hit], plus a level lead.

Yes, Beck above Jake. I dunno how you get that Jake has higher ATK and HIT than beck when:

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/average/beck.html

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/average/jake.html

Beck has better STR than Jake and their STR ties at lvl 21 >_>. Beck has better SKL than Jake till lvl 16, not to mention that his LCK lead is also helping his hit.

Beck >>> Jake. Jake's slightly earlier join time isn't gonna help him and even with 1 level up he's still inferior to base Beck.

Edited by Levin

Dolph =/= Bottom tier. He has potential in H5 despite the fact that he comes in chapter 12. C rank Lances as AK means Ridersbane usage.

You also have to go way out of your way to keep him alive. Medea and pals are where they are for a reason.

Vyland probably wouldn't be where he is, either, if it wasn't such a pain in the you know what to NOT get him killed.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

Cord>Castor

Although Castor gets to use bows in C2, a C4 comparision:

Castor (Lvl 4): 21 HP/7 Str/6 AS/7 Avd/2 Crit/4 Def

Cord (Lvl 3 with one Level as Fighter): 19 HP/9 Str/8 AS/10 Avd/4 Crit/5 Def

K, so Castor wins 2 HP, and loses everything else. He could pull out the Steel Bow for a 1 lead in Atk, but he'll still lose AS and Def (Cord can double armours thanks to his AS).

Moving forward to Chapter 10ish.

Castor (Lvl 12) (C Marth): 25 HP/11 Str/10 AS/17 Avd/3 Crit/6 Def

Cord (Lvl 12) (C Marth, C Ogma, C Barst): 22 HP/11 Str/13 AS/32 Avd/5 Crit/7 Def

So now Castor has a 3 HP lead, but now Cord is just plain owning Castor. 3 AS/15 Avd/2 Crit/1 Def advantage for Cord. His Avd lead isn't significant enough yet, but his AS lets him double a few more enemies. Shiida's use is diminishing around now, so Castor probably won't get her C support.

Lets fastforward to just before promotion. Lets say....Chapter 17?

Castor (20/1 General) (B Marth): 38 HP/16 Atk/11 AS/24 Avd/4 Crit/19 Def/

Castor (20/1 Horseman) (B Marth): 30 HP/14 Atk/15 AS/28 Avd/6 Crit/10 Def

Cord (20/1 General) (A Ogma), (B Marth), (B Barst): 36 HP/16 Atk/16 AS/52 Avd/10 Crit/20 Def

LOL. Except for losing by 2 HP to General Castor, Cord beats, ties, or demolishes Castor in every stat. As a matter of fact:

Hardain (20/4 Paladin) (B Marth): 37 HP/16 Atk/18 AS/32 Avd/9 Crit/12 Def

And this is a TOP tier character (PS: Not arguing Cord above Hardain. Just making a point). Hardain has 1 Hp and 2 AS. Cord has 20 Avoid, and 8 Defense. Hardain has move, but characters should stick together on H5.

Chapter 22 to wrap things up. With Silver Lances:

Castor (20/9 General) (A Marth): 43 HP/32 Atk/12 AS/26 Avd/11 Crit/23 Def

Cord (20/9): (A Marth/Ogma/Barst): 40 HP/31 Atk/18 AS/55 Avd/21 Crit/23 Def

To put Cord's durabilty into perspective: The only enemies that don't tink him are Paladins (3 Dmg), Wyverns (2 Dmg), and the boss (6 dmg). And those enemies have 39/34/35 Hit on him. And Cord doesn't get doubled.

In conclusion, Cord's doing better then Castor in every chapter, but 2 and 3 (due to no class swap then), and should be moved up.

You also have to go way out of your way to keep him alive. Medea and pals are where they are for a reason.

Vyland probably wouldn't be where he is, either, if it wasn't such a pain in the you know what to NOT get him killed.

A. Warp staff and good units will allow you to save Medea and pals. "Keep all units alive including Medea and pals" playthrough is possible.

B. You can save 2 people without effort since there's 2 spots in their cell that won't ever be attacked. Now let's see, who should get these spots...

Thomas? LOL NO

Macellan? LOL no, he's inferior to Dolph

Midia? Maybe if you're hellbent on getting Astria... but then why would you want Astria when killing him nets you EXP and you don't miss out on his Wyrmslayer?

Boah? Possibly for that C rank on staff he has.

Dolph? Yes. Again, he's better than Palla (more so in H5 since Palla's MOV lead doesn't mean much in H5 since your units have to be close together) , is easy to train as a Knight due to his C rank on Lances and decent speed growth that could help him as other classes. Through class swap his stats are actually comparable to Catria's at 20/0 and he comes earlier.

Edited by Levin

Moved Dolph into Low-mid tier for right now, since I can agree he definitely isn't bottom tier material, but join time still hurts him quite a bit, as well as other small factors I considered in my head.

He could move up or down from this point.

Ah, sorry. I saw your post and was expecting a huge argument to stem from it (my plan was to let arguments happen before deciding so that it would be easier to find where to place them, but nobody's really arguing so I'll just make changes and hope people disagree with small issues in order to make the tier list more accurate.)

I'll put Cord where Castor is.