Arive goals are pointless

luigi bros

In this game the arive victory goals are pointless because it's never just arrive it's always (insert character name here) arives.

They're really just a seize goal that the main characterdoesn't have to do the seizeing and a specific character has to.

Did anyone relize this?

Edited by luigi bros

Would you rather there always be some random building for people to seize instead of having to arrive?

No I'm just saying that in Path of Radiance arive goals were seize with any character but in Radiant Dawn it's just seize with a specific character.

At least in Radiant Dawn.

In Path of Radiance anyone can arive.

I see, I just assumed he meant in Radiant Dawn.

I always had Ike arrive anyway.

Edited by Hibari

Seize is taking over something not arriving to a certain position.

I don't see how Laura would have the right to seize the mansion or whatever that is. She just wanted medicine :mellow:

Seize is taking over something not arriving to a certain position.

I don't see how Laura would have the right to seize the mansion or whatever that is. She just wanted medicine :mellow:

For some reason, that just made me think of Laura charging through the manor with 50 or so soldiers,and it made me laugh.

Eh, at least they have survive, guard, and rout (otherwise known as 'kill every last mother****er in the vicinity' in our imaginations) to spice things up.

For some reason, that just made me think of Laura charging through the manor with 50 or so soldiers,and it made me laugh.

I lol'd hard as well. "I want my medicine, bitches!"

Eh, at least they have survive, guard, and rout (otherwise known as 'kill every last mother****er in the vicinity' in our imaginations) to spice things up.

Hmm, cussing Laura is too hard to imagine. But still, "Laura, she may look like a skinny little sweetie pie, but she is a warrior without peer! Beware!"

Not to mention "Defeat X enemies", which I'm pretty sure is unique (so far) to Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Paper Jam

The one thing that bugged me about missions is there isn't really any/much differentiation between the objectives in Radiant Dawn, as they all amount to the same thing; wipe out the other guy and make it to this point. The only possible exceptions are some of the Defend battles (3-13), Geoffrey's Charge and the Dawn Brigade's escape missions, as Arrive and Seize missions demand you make your way to the boss - and thus, wipe out the enemy army.

That's the vibe I kept getting. :(

I love rout missions. It's good exp for your characters. No matter what the objective is, I always turn it into a rout mission.

Arrive is basically seize with different characters but there are only like 3 arrive missions in this game. 1-2 I could understand being arrive but it could've also been seize (maybe). 2-2 should've been escape, it would've made more sense for everyone to escape the cave plus you'd get some bexp for having everyone escape. 3-4, I don't know what else it could've been besides arrive.

I love rout missions. It's good exp for your characters. No matter what the objective is, I always turn it into a rout mission.

Even Geoffory's charge (forgot the chapter number) where you get BEXP for enemies thst survive?

I sometimes rout all enemies but not always. I usually don't bother on chapters like 2-3 and 3-2 because it's too much work to truly rout everyone and in 2-3's case you get BExp for enemies surviving anyhow.

I sometimes wish 3-6 actually lasted longer so I could kill more of the laguz though ;-;

Even Geoffory's charge (forgot the chapter number) where you get BEXP for enemies thst survive?

No, I try not to kill them unless they end up blocking the way. I usually kill the two crossbow warriors, the horseslayer paladin, the speedwing halberdier and the boss.

3-2, I don't have the patience to lure the boss away so I can kill those enemies. I did it once with Ike but it wasn't worth it to me.

Those are the only exceptions. I wish 3-6 and 3-12 weren't defeat X amount of enemies cause the DB really needs that exp. I was disappointed when 3-12 ended so quickly. After seeing all the enemies on the map, it just feels like wasted exp.

Edited by KSFF2150

Not to mention "Defeat X enemies", which I'm pretty sure is unique (so far) to Radiant Dawn.

As far as I know, it is. Especially 3-F, where the counter isn't mentioned in the mission objectives at all.

IIRC, its FE6 that's all sieze missions (FE4 as well, I guess).

Yeah FE4 is all sieze, although there it's not as big a problem since there are four or five places you can sieze in any one chapter.

They're also a good way to vent your frustration at the enemy army for all the trouble they've caused you throughout the past several chapters.

I sometimes rout all enemies but not always. I usually don't bother on chapters like 2-3 and 3-2 because it's too much work to truly rout everyone and in 2-3's case you get BExp for enemies surviving anyhow.

I sometimes wish 3-6 actually lasted longer so I could kill more of the laguz though ;-;

Senator dog

still you get to kill a lot in 4- something lol i forgot XD