"Already Promoted"

Bohemund

I am messing with FE8 at the moment. I am trying to make the regular wolf creature be considered promoted. I switch on the Already Promoted option on the scroll down list then I go in-game for a test. When it straight-out crits and kills a lvl 1 unpromote in one turn the unit gains 25-ish exp instead of 30+ like normal unpromoted units. This is still not the same amount of exp normal Jeigans would be claiming. Is there any way to fix this so the class will be a exp hog like all other promoted units? Thanks.

is the Mauthedoog (the wolf like creature I think you're talking about) still set as 'promotes to' Cerberus?? that may be an issue -but I really don't know myself- it is clearly earning less exp but...maybe because it still promotes to a promoted class that the game is treating it as if it had another promotion? -or something-...maybe try setting its promotion to 'None' will help? or you could try changing the class relative power pointer as well (which effects exp gain/given by it to an extent but I haven't messed with this myself yet) check those things I guess

Thought of and tried. I found a way to go around it though. I completely edited Cerberus's animation data to the Mauthedoog's. It serves as a nice quick fix, but I would really prefer a overall solution...

As for "relative power".. tried messing with that too. I actually boosted it to 25 (lol) while testing it. It actually didn't help much either.

Edited by Bohemund