Homosexuality

lolDeath

I remember actually coming here because of the views some of you had on this issue, so I wanted to make a topic for it, and yes this is a debate. Vince and I are both pretty sure that there was already a topic on it, but it's so old making a new one was the best move to make.

So what are your thoughts on it? Against, for, impartial?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm against bisexuality choose a side or gtfo...and I don't know how you could trust something that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die lol, kidding

I don't care...let's see...4 of the 7 people I talk to on AIM are gay -not counting myself who is too- and I'm not screwing any of them at present so whatever?? what I'm against is anything other than a couple having intercourse and discussing threesomes and what not...I prefer thinking that it should be intimate, or something...I guess... :mellow:

Homosexuality in itself is a biological given.

I have doubts about that. Do you mean the X gene or something where that determines your sexuality. That theory hasn't been proven from what I remember.

I don't think sexuality is determined by genes or any biological factors.

Edited by Judge Judy

I'm not against gay people, just gay acts. Yes, as you've probably guessed, I'm Catholic. But I'm not gonna be one of the "Grrr! You're gay, you're going to hell!" people.

I only have a problem with the sort of people who draw undue attention to their homosexuality. And really, that has nothing to do with their sexuality so much as it is a problem with them being a shameless attention whore. It should also be noted that this sort of behavior isn't limited just to homosexuals. It's equally unnerving when people try to draw undue attention to their nationality, gender, and so forth.

Edited by Musashi

I don't think sexuality is determined by genes or any biological factors.

I feel the same way as well.

And being myself bisexual, I have no problem with gay people, although I find myself having to fight back the urge to stare at the overly stereotypical gay men.

Really, the only thing up for debate is the expression of homosexuality and related things. Homosexuality in itself is a biological given.

You have no idea how many people don't care and still say it's unnatural and wrong.. and I am waiting for those people to post.

Ragnell, so you think that gay people should ignore the fact that they are gay, or am I mistaken?

God I post slow. So what do you guys think makes someone homosexual?

Edited by Death

I'm not against gay people, just gay acts. Yes, as you've probably guessed, I'm Catholic. But I'm not gonna be one of the "Grrr! You're gay, you're going to hell!" people.

you should talk to my grandmother -who is as well and is one of the people to have said that-; I'm also -should have noted this in last post- unsure if we're supposed to lump all our opinions together at once...I think...that people who overly express it can be a little, eh, irksome like it's not something you need to have pride in -that makes you vain-; likewise it's not something you should try to condemn someone for...so to all my gay people I want to say "be gay but don't feel you need to 'be' everyday" -subtlety can be admirable, it's like the old 'playing hard to get', men always like to chase, but I digress-

I do tend to babble...

you should talk to my grandmother -who is as well and is one of the people to have said that-; I'm also -should have noted this in last post- unsure if we're supposed to lump all our opinions together at once...I think...that people who overly express it can be a little, eh, irksome like it's not something you need to have pride in -that makes you vain-; likewise it's not something you should try to condemn someone for...so to all my gay people I want to say "be gay but don't feel you need to 'be' everyday" -subtlety can be admirable, it's like the old 'playing hard to get', men always like to chase, but I digress-

I do tend to babble...

That has nothing to do with being gay, you are just talking about attention whores.

So what do you guys think makes someone homosexual?

I think its to do with social experience. We behave the way we do due to our environment.

But its not the only factor that determines whether someone is homosexual.

I think its to do with social experience. We behave the way we do due to our environment.

But its not the only factor that determines whether someone is homosexual.

Are you aware that what you are saying conflicts with scientific evidence? Differences in the brains of heterosexual and homosexual human beings have been found already, outside influence does not account for that.

That has nothing to do with being gay, you are just talking about attention whores.

well I have a friend who gets a lot of attention but not because he's outright asking for it but he has a fair number of people yammering for his attention lol...-wtf?! an ad for the "Christian Network"...ok, this site is scary...digress- I think the people egging it on are fairly more worse than the real attention whores -he's an alright person, we talk about any and everything and he often ends up being like "I'm sorry guys, you aren't my only friends" I think...he gives people just as much attn as he receives despite also being rather flamboyant and open; which is ok, because he's not feeling the need to be so 24/7-

well I have a friend who gets a lot of attention but not because he's outright asking for it but he has a fair number of people yammering for his attention lol...-wtf?! an ad for the "Christian Network"...ok, this site is scary...digress- I think the people egging it on are fairly more worse than the real attention whores -he's an alright person, we talk about any and everything and he often ends up being like "I'm sorry guys, you aren't my only friends" I think...he gives people just as much attn as he receives despite also being rather flamboyant and open; which is ok, because he's not feeling the need to be so 24/7-

Again with what you saying having nothing to do with this subject, you are talking about human interaction that happens with people of all types in all cultures in all races. I guess I can kind of see how you are confused, but you should stop and think about it for a second. That is like me talking about rap in a discussion on race. =|

Are you aware that what you are saying conflicts with scientific evidence? Differences in the brains of heterosexual and homosexual human beings have been found already, outside influence does not account for that.

I am not rejecting scientific evidence but its theory. However, for it to be accepted like any other scientific fact, there needs to be a significant difference.

You must be able to generalise the findings from the results in order to be accepted as a fact and not as a theory. The results must have high ecological validity for the hypothesis to be accepted.

I will use your example. You said there is evidence of differences in the brains of heterosexual and homosexual.

Well firstly, I highly doubt there was enough significant different in the results. If there were, it would have been accepted by now that it has proven scientifically that homosexuality is caused by genetic factors and not life experience.

When scientist and psychologist carry out these investigations, they need results that can be applied to people around the world. The size sample I bet that was used in that particular study wasn't large enough for it to be applied to the general public.

Keep in mind, you cannot prove something by one factor and simply reject others, especally when it comes down to human behaviour.

We all think and act differently and the same can be applied to this context. Homosexuality does not only come down to genetic factors on its own and the same goes to those people who are heterosexual. Our environment has a direct effect on how we behave and our sexual behaviour.

Edited by Judge Judy

Your opinion has nothing to support it. Mine has science. Attempting to discredit something by saying "They probably didn't do good" will not work, you are going to need some kind of fact or reason to debate properly.

Personal experience and preference? Good job spewing Mormon propaganda! Those darn pesky gays are going to make all children gay by teaching it in school.

Edited by Death

Your opinion has nothing to support it. Mine has science. Attempting to discredit something by saying "They probably didn't do good" will not work, you are going to need some kind of fact or reason to debate properly.

Personal experience and preference? Good job spewing Mormon propaganda! Those darn pesky gays are going to make all children gay by teaching it in school.

stop yelling at me kiddo...

i said that because its true..people [choose/b] to be gay...and i have no problem with that..

and thats bullshit...i dont think people are going to make other people gay just by teaching it...shut up..seriously you sound like a moron...

Mine has science.

What I said was that the findings from your study is correct. But do the results have enough significant difference to be applied to the general public?

Evidence to explain human behaviour must have HIGH ECOLOGICAL VALIDITY!

Evidence can be found. But its pointless if you cannot generalise them.

Example: I recently found out there is differences between the brain structure of homosexuals and heterosexual. So what.

Is that the same for everyone around the whole world? Is doesn't truly explain WHY some people are homosexuals.

Edited by Judge Judy