Homosexuality

lolDeath

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for it. Who needs reproduction, anyway?

In the actual study of the psychology of sex, and the instincts, emotions, and urges that are associated with both heterosexuals and homosexuals, the "need" for reproduction is not observed as plausible motivation, and is more an intellectual concern rather than and instinctual motivation for sex. Neither straight nor gay people feel love and arousal towards another person because of their desire to reproduce with them. Such urges are determined more by physical and emotional attraction and the desire to simply commit the act of sex, not a desire to embrace the consequences. Bringing up reproduction in a pure discussion of sexuality and orientation is, for the most part, irrelevant. 

Edited by Black Knight

In the actual study of the psychology of sex, and the instincts, emotions, and urges that are associated with both heterosexuals and homosexuals, the "need" for reproduction is not observed as plausible motivation, and is more an intellectual concern rather than and instinctual motivation for sex. Neither straight nor gay people feel love and arousal towards another person because of their desire to reproduce with them. Such urges are determined more by physical and emotional attraction and the desire to simply commit the act of sex, not a desire to embrace the consequences. Bringing up reproduction in a pure discussion of sexuality and orientation is, for the most part, irrelevant. 

That just regards males, though, amirite? I mean, look how many ladies out there want to have sex for the sole purpose of making a baby and don't want anything in them ever for any other reason.

Anyways, my two cents on the homosexuality issue: It's not my place to say whether or not gay people were born gay or choose to be gay. I wasn't born gay and I've never chosen to be gay, so I don't have personal knowledge of whether either can influence somebody to be gay. However, I don't believe in bisexuality as a legitimate sexuality, and I think all bisezuals are either straight people who want attention or gay people who are afraid that society won't accept them if they don't act like they're interested in girls. I also don't believe in lesbianism. If gayity really is hereditary, then it likely roots from the fact that the Y chromosome is a mutated form of the X chromosome, and homosexuality would likely be credible to a Y chromosome that wasn't fully mutated, leaving more of an affinity towards peenors as apposed to vaginas. Of course, that's just my thoughts, I haven't done any research or anything...

That just regards males, though, amirite? I mean, look how many ladies out there want to have sex for the sole purpose of making a baby and don't want anything in them ever for any other reason.

That's an intellectual, rational approach to sex. A guy could feel that way too if he thought about it. But there are very few girls out there who get physically turned on at the thought of having a baby. Wanting to have a kid falls more under the "choice" or things you have control of category, whereas most people have very little control over their sexual urges.

If gayity really is hereditary, then it likely roots from the fact that the Y chromosome is a mutated form of the X chromosome, and homosexuality would likely be credible to a Y chromosome that wasn't fully mutated, leaving more of an affinity towards peenors as apposed to vaginas. Of course, that's just my thoughts, I haven't done any research or anything...

That's just not how it works. This perpetuates an incorrect idea that a gay man is somehow "part girl". Hormone levels between gay and straight men are no different, with many gay men having very testosterone high levels and some straight men having very low. Most stereotypes which are typically associate with "gay" typically focus around men acting more like women (or women like men), effeminate personalities, over-the-top tastes (or butch and a fan of softball, in the case of lesbians), but most of these attitudes only exist because of the unequal treatment of gays in most parts of the world, which cultivates this mindset.

The same was true with slavery, where enslaved individuals were seen as more submissive, less ambitious, and less intelligent. Slaveholders would use racially motivated arguments saying that these people were enslaved because they were submissive, less ambitious, and less intelligent, but it is clear today after slavery has been abolished in America that these people were less driven because they were slaves, not the other way around. Gay people do not somehow act like their opposite gender in society because they were born that way, it's because most societies project that image upon them, and that's often all we see reflected back.

The fact that you don't believe in lesbianism I think just reflects on either a lack of encounters with actual lesbians, or just springs from your perspective as a guy. But trust me, lesbians exist outside of the realm of pay-per-view websites.

Bisexuality exists too. In a world like this, why would it be so bizzare for bisexuality to exist among the other things? Besides, you make it seem like bisexuality is an image problem. Some people are bisexual and laid back, not giving a damn ya know...

idk why people think it's "wrong" to be gay.

No one has ever given me a good reason

But like wanting to change sexes or if your a guy who acts like a girl (via cross dressing and wanting surgery) is kinda fucked up imo

But like wanting to change sexes or if your a guy who acts like a girl.

Cross-dressing and transgender people are not nessisarily gay. There are many people who get sex changes but are still heterosexual (IE a guy gets a sex change but still is interested in girls, effectivly making him go from straight guy to a lesbian girl). Feeling like you're in the wrong body is a very different psychological phenomenon than being homosexual.

But like wanting to change sexes or if your a guy who acts like a girl (via cross dressing and wanting surgery) is kinda fucked up imo

I really can't say that it is. Ever since I've grown up with my cousin, he always seemed like he was pretty uncomfortable in his body. He has a very feminine air about the way he moves, from the way he walks to just the overall way that he holds himself, and virtually any media that I've seen him around he favors women (books, video games, television, etc.). I just feel that for him, it must be very uncomfortable and awkward to be in a man's body.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Black Knight is top tier.

I think all bisexuals are either straight people who want attention or gay people who are afraid that society won't accept them if they don't act like they're interested in girls.

May I bring your attention to the fact that you're making an offensive generalisation? It's the same mistake Florina made.

I am a self-daignosed bisexual. Before I argue about wether that's accurate, I'll say I'm completely and utterly fine with being either gay or straight ('picking a side' as some would say), thereby undermining your whole argument.

And I don't even know where you got the idea that lesbians don't exist...

Also, transgenders. I've learned about them in school. Genderdysphoria is a serious complex (as in, not just 'because guys act like girls'), and while transsexualism is gross to most people (including me), it's the best option they've got to feel good about themselves. I'd feel more comfortable around a transsexual than a person who acts like the opposite gender. Not saying either is wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Black Knight is top tier.

May I bring your attention to the fact that you're making an offensive generalisation? It's the same mistake Florina made.

I am a self-daignosed bisexual. Before I argue about wether that's accurate, I'll say I'm completely and utterly fine with being either gay or straight ('picking a side' as some would say), thereby undermining your whole argument.

And I don't even know where you got the idea that lesbians don't exist...

Also, transgenders. I've learned about them in school. Genderdysphoria is a serious complex (as in, not just 'because guys act like girls'), and while transsexualism is gross to most people (including me), it's the best option they've got to feel good about themselves. I'd feel more comfortable around a transsexual than a person who acts like the opposite gender. Not saying either is wrong.

To be honest, they are both basically the same.

A man who gets a sex change is not really a woman, but they want that to be the image.

A gay guy comes to my house to visit my brother (who is not gay), and I have no problem with it. The only thing I hate is how most homosexual people pronounce the "s" sound. Sounds shallow, but I don't care.

The only thing I hate is how most homosexual people pronounce the "s" sound. Sounds shallow, but I don't care.

do you mean having a lisp? or just putting an emphasis on "s" in the word "homosexual"?

just a little confused...I do neither of those things unless I really try (like if messin' around)...but then my voices scares me if I do :blink:

The only thing I hate is how most homosexual people pronounce the "s" sound. Sounds shallow, but I don't care.

A lisp is not indicative of one's sexuality.

do you mean having a lisp? or just putting an emphasis on "s" in the word "homosexual"?

just a little confused...I do neither of those things unless I really try (like if messin' around)...but then my voices scares me if I do :blink:

I mean when dudes put more emphasis on the "s," making it sound like "sss." You can't help a lisp.

Just to be sure, a lisp is when someone pronounces "s" as if it were a "th" word right?

Like thnakes (snakes).

Edited by FEFL

A lisp is not indicative of one's sexuality.

My thoughts exactly; if a lisp did indicate one's sexuality, then how come Donald Duck keeps on going after Daisy?

And also, because I know quite a few gay people in my school (it's a conservatory community, so you're bound to run into at least one person who's gay and probably proud of it) who don't talk like they're stereotypically gay.

My thoughts exactly; if a lisp did indicate one's sexuality, then how come Donald Duck keeps on going after Daisy?

Donald duck has an lateral lisp (sometimes called a elliptical s), not the interdental lisp stereotypically associated with homosexuality.

Why is this topic still alive is beyond me.