Homosexuality

lolDeath

Meh some ''religious people'' argue thats not natural <_<

They also argue that the parents would pass their homosexuality to their children. Which, if the whole different brains thing is in fact genetic, can fall flat on its face pretty quickly.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God does not exist. Therefore, this statement is wrong on every font. =P

So you're going after the usual Evangelical Christian version of things, eh? Too bad you're being left behind by science and technology.

And besides, there are other methods of attaining children that do not exactly adhere to sexual intercourse. What about adoption? If the US government would extend adoption rights to gay couples, I'm sure gay couples would jump at it for a chance at raising a child and leading a relatively normal life.

I do believe that poster's remark was a simple joke, not many would forgo the simplest conclusions otherwise, herr Wozzeck.

I never said I was gay, and I am not, but thank you for the discriminatory remark. You just accused me of being an attention whore over something I never said, insulted me based for being homosexual when I am not, and completely invented a statement that I never made. And assumed I was 14.

You are ignorant to an astounding extend. Report me, I don't care, just either debate properly or stop posting.

Also, D. Hero, heard of adoption?

Oh tell me then, what made you come back to us ignorant people when you made such a stink about leaving?

and you are no mod, i can post what i want...

geez, what a jerk..

anyway back to the topic at hand, alot of states are trying to outlaw gay marriage and adoption...

i wanna know why! I dont see any problem with a gay person getting married..i remember when Mayor Newsom opened up city hall in San Francisco and all those gays got married, and two years later, people were trying to repeal all of that..so much for the land of the free, eh chief?

Oh tell me then, what made you come back to us ignorant people when you made such a stink about leaving?

and you are no mod, i can post what i want...

geez, what a jerk..

anyway back to the topic at hand, alot of states are trying to outlaw gay marriage and adoption...

i wanna know why! I dont see any problem with a gay person getting married..i remember when Mayor Newsom opened up city hall in San Francisco and all those gays got married, and two years later, people were trying to repeal all of that..so much for the land of the free, eh chief?

SF is not an ignorant community, it just has some members like you who are. And I did not make a stink about leaving, I made one post saying I was leaving and left. Good going bringing a completely unrelated issue into this discussion in an attempt to discredit me, like that even has anything to do with my opinions on this. I am not a moderator and never claimed to be, but you really should just follow the simple rules. A link to them is located at your upper left, if you did not know.

They are outlawing it because people are being convinced that American marriage is supposed to only be between make and female.

Edgard, you do realize that gay parents have raised straight children and straight parents have raised gay children, right? lol

you should talk to my grandmother -who is as well and is one of the people to have said that-; I'm also -should have noted this in last post- unsure if we're supposed to lump all our opinions together at once...I think...that people who overly express it can be a little, eh, irksome like it's not something you need to have pride in -that makes you vain-; likewise it's not something you should try to condemn someone for...so to all my gay people I want to say "be gay but don't feel you need to 'be' everyday" -subtlety can be admirable, it's like the old 'playing hard to get', men always like to chase, but I digress-

I do tend to babble...

Yes, to the point where your posts are unreadable. It's pretty annoying, seeing you type...like this all the time -although i tend to think you don't notice- and... well yeah it's unreadable but anyway-fucking annoying-

Try to space out your words, use a space after "periods", and use BRACKETS not HYPHENS. (Like this), not -like this-. Normally this wouldn't matter but this a serious topic, thus I don't want to have to spend 5 minutes on your post while there are others to be read.

i said that because its true..people [choose/b] to be gay...and i have no problem with that..

The reason we are "yelling" at you is because you said this. You said it was "true". This means that you did not intend for it to be your opinion and rather you meant it as a fact. You're the one who's being immature and throwing a tanty, since all you're doing is telling the "kiddo" to shut up. If you were really mature, you'd listen to his opinion and then give something back instead of calling a tanty on every one of his posts. Calling insults on people is only making your case worse.

People tend to act this way towards Destiny Hero as well, which is stupid, because sometimes even idiots are right. Don't be so quick to assume someone is wrong; analyse it on multiple levels before you say something back.

As for my side of the debate, I don't believe anyone chooses to be homosexual. If they did, it would be subconscious, but - oh wait, that's not choosing!

I do believe that poster's remark was a simple joke, not many would forgo the simplest conclusions otherwise, herr Wozzeck.

Knowing Destiny Hero, it wasn't. He's said things like that before, and he goes right ahead and backs them up with the stupidest arguments imaginable.

Edgard, you do realize that gay parents have raised straight children and straight parents have raised gay children, right? lol

Let me clarify here:

They also argue that the parents would pass their homosexuality to their children. Which, if the whole different brains thing is in fact genetic, can fall flat on its face pretty quickly.

What I meant by this was that if the child up for adoption does have a 'straight' genome (I'll assume it's so for the purposes of this argument.) and he's adopted by gay parents, then the parents passing their homosexuality on to their children argument could be defeated really, really quickly. I myself believe that the passing of homosexuality to adopted children is bullshit, personally.

I only have a problem with the sort of people who draw undue attention to their homosexuality. And really, that has nothing to do with their sexuality so much as it is a problem with them being a shameless attention whore. It should also be noted that this sort of behavior isn't limited just to homosexuals. It's equally unnerving when people try to draw undue attention to their nationality, gender, and so forth.
This. I hate flaunting attention whores. They make me look bad.
people choose to be gay...
Bullshit. I didn't choose this lifestyle, nor am I proud of it. You've no idea how much pain I go through just because I like other men. If I could choose my sexual orientation, I would be a hetero in a heartbeat.
Fag laugh.gif

seriously you are throwing a tantrum and this topic didnt seem like it was a debate..should have stated it to begin with, Genius...

and you are kinda attention whoring here: "Im gay and i wanna know why!!!"

Honestly, call me ignorant again, and i will report you...(no joke..i dont stand for 14 year olds calling me idiotic because i stated my opinion)

Fine. Stand it from a 17-year-old. You're a moron. There would be no problem if you hadn't previously said such idiotic things. Especially that "fag" insult. Not exactly helping your case.

To clear things, up, I happen to be one of those fags.

Edited by Jem

Let me clarify here:

What I meant by this was that if the child up for adoption does have a 'straight' genome (I'll assume it's so for the purposes of this argument.) and he's adopted by gay parents, then the parents passing their homosexuality on to their children argument could be defeated really, really quickly. I myself believe that the passing of homosexuality to adopted children is bullshit, personally.

Ah okay, sorry about that. That's something interesting to think about, but I don't believe anyone can be taught to be homosexual or heterosexual, they can only be taught to hide what they really are.

Also, for the record, I will be 20 in a couple of months. I don't know where 14 came from aside from a weak ass attempt at discrediting me again.

Edited by Death

i have a high interest in homosexuality, especially since i'm highly considering the fact that i am a homosexual, or at least a bisexual.

i have learned as much as possible about homosexuality, so that i could further understand what are the causes and such. and one of the things that is made clear from the very beginning is that to this day, it is not know exactly what causes homosexuality. it may be biological influences, environmental factors, etc. or a combination of these things. however, there have been numerous studies made that have shown some insight on this matter.

i read in previous posts that homosexuality is specifically caused by social interactions or something of that matter. the point is that said person was arguing that environment affects homosexuality. and, forgive my strong wording, that is absolute crap. there have been tons of situations where children have been raised by homosexual couples, and despite this fact which, according to that theory, should make, or at least influence, the sexuality of the child the children developed into heterosexual adults. it had minimal effect of the child being of a particular sexuality.

second, to that argument against biological influences, that is completely wrong. numerous studies have shown that the development of the brain of homosexual people develop quite differently from their heterosexual counterparts. generally, the brains of homosexual people tend to develop similar to the brains of a heterosexual person of the opposite sex.

third, the argument that homosexuality is chosen. do you think that homosexuals regularly choose to be homosexual just for kicks? that is an argument that i just can't understand, considering that homosexuality is usually frowned upon and discouraged by society. do you think that people willingly put themselves in the line of fire just on a whim? you can choose to either follow your homosexuality impulses or not, but a homosexual will always be a homosexual, proven by the paragraph above about brain development.

also, i believe that people are not strictly homosexual or heterosexual, but rather there is a range of sorts, with homosexuality being one end and heterosexuality in the other. a person lies somewhere between these two extremes. as such, depending on your position in this range, you can have some control over your actions and preferences, but overall your sexual orientation is pretty much set.

:mellow:

that is my contribution to this thread. flame me or do whatever you want.

i have a high interest in homosexuality, especially since i'm highly considering the fact that i am a homosexual, or at least a bisexual.

To me, it more sounds of you simply trying to fulfill some sort of aim yourself. I never understand the complications in confirming something of this magnitude: if your pocket monster begins to rise at any point when you gaze at women, you know you are at the very least bisexual, and, ergo, the same for the ulterior sexuality.

Why do we even have a homosexuality thread? It only brings out the worst in people... just like religion topics. X=

Death requires amusement every 24 hours he is not fed.

To me, it more sounds of you simply trying to fulfill some sort of aim yourself. I never understand the complications in confirming something of this magnitude: if your pocket monster begins to rise at any point when you gaze at women, you know you are at the very least bisexual, and, ergo, the same for the ulterior sexuality.

Death requires amusement every 24 hours he is not fed.

lets say my family is extremely conservative, and i would rather be completely sure of my sexuality before i do anything to confirm it.

lets say my family is extremely conservative, and i would rather be completely sure of my sexuality before i do anything to confirm it.

I wouldn't tell my family =/

Well it doesn't matter now ^_&

I don't support the concept, but I don't hate the concept. If a person is gay, whatever. (one less person to compete against in getting a girl) Folks have no right hating on a person because of sexuality. Bible tells us not to judge people, since we all are sinners and whatnot.

I think I might be bisexual, too, but it might be just a phase I'm going through. I have bisexual and homosexual friends and some of them have come out without any problems but the fear of being unaccepted is always there. Its probably the worst feeling anyone could get. :(

No, I meant the form in which you phrased your statement went along the lines of "I want to be homosexual, and if not that, at least bisexual, for the very least."

This statement is independent of everything that's already been said, so my apologies if it differs from the current discussion.

Homosexuality is observed in virtually every area of the animal kingdom, not just in people. There are mountains of evidence which support the idea that, while there is no "gay gene," the internal chemistry between gay people and heterosexuals extends beyond "I want to fuck other guys." What I'm saying is that homosexuality is provably biological, and the only reason there's still fuss over it is due to the people who still cling to ancient customs which haven't advanced in the slightest in all of fifteen hundred years.

I won't say that homosexuality isn't a choice. In a manner of speaking, it is. In being gay (assuming you're not one of those denial cases [fuck you, societal norms]), you are actively choosing to pursue relations with the same gender. However, by that same token, heterosexualilty follows this rule in that you're actively choosing to seek out the opposite sex.

There is nothing immoral in homosexuality, and it is by no means a "personal preference." It's something that, in all likelihood, people are born into.

Edited by Fox