84 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Eirika
    • Ephraim

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do caps even matter? Ephraim still doubles with no problems and does more damage because of his superior might. And the Fire Lance isn't even in this game.

Do caps even matter? Ephraim still doubles with no problems and does more damage because of his superior might. And the Fire Lance isn't even in this game.

I think they mean Siedmund, the Flame Lance. It's Ephraim's Sacred Weapon.

This game is too easy tbh, either of them can destroy Fomortiis with ease.

Eirika, because she has max speed around 30, while Ephraim has 24 and lower skill, though it's obvious Ephraim would win if he used the fire lance.

Thank you. *Gives soul1112 a virtual muffin*

*intercepts*

Thanks for the muffin! =D

I voted for Ephraim 'cuz he owns.

Hey! *Takes back muffin* They both own. Eirika does not die more easily than Ephraim because of her amazing dodging ability. Although if she does get hit, she has more defense than an SM so she 'might' survive. Although Ephraim does have better defense, which 'might' guarantee that he survives more hits than she does. And Eirika has an awesome crit animation as a Lord. But Ephraim has a cooler Master Lord animation. Crit and all. I wouldn't know about Ephraim's route. I've only played Eirika's route.

How did I know that over 60% of everyone who reads this would vote for Ephraim?

Edited by Camtech075

Hey! *Takes back muffin* They both own. Eirika does not die more easily than Ephraim because of her amazing dodging ability. Although if she does get hit, she has more defense than an SM so she 'might' survive. Although Ephraim does have better defense, which 'might' guarantee that he survives more hits than she does. And Eirika has an awesome crit animation as a Lord. But Ephraim has a cooler Master Lord animation. Crit and all. I wouldn't know about Ephraim's route. I've only played Eirika's route.

How did I know that over 60% of everyone who reads this would vote for Ephraim?

The huge amount of lance users in the first few chapters who nullify that dodge advantage suddenly mean nothing?

Ephraim is better because he kills Gheb, while Eirika is an evil woman who murders Binks. :(

But seriously, I think Eirika is overall better. Ephraim is amazing on his own route, but Eirika has overall more utility (First eight chapters of being pretty awesome, then 50% of going her own route, while Ephraim just has 5x and his route).

Eirika wins the first eight maps, they win their own routes, Ephraim wins 5x and 8, and everything after Ch15. The first maps are the smallest in the game with the least amount of enemies. So you're basically saying winning eight small maps + Eirika route > winning more big maps + Ephraim route.

If you use Lancereavers, Eirika can pwn the amount of Lancers in the first few chapters. Also, Eirika's hotter than Ephraim.

The 15 use Lancereavers? The ones that cost as much as a Silver Blade? The ones only buyable at chapter 17?

Edited by Beowulf

The 15 use Lancereavers? The ones that cost as much as a Silver Blade? The ones only buyable at chapter 17?

Mm-hm. Or, you could take Joshua's killer edge and have her kill the lancers. Unequipping her sword is how I dealt with it.

If you use Lancereavers, Eirika can pwn the amount of Lancers in the first few chapters. Also, Eirika's hotter than Ephraim.

*Notes Camtech075 digging a hole for himself*

Mm-hm. Or, you could take Joshua's killer edge and have her kill the lancers. Unequipping her sword is how I dealt with it.

*Notes Camtech075 lying down in the hole asking to be buried alive*

Hmmmm... Interesting........

:P

You don't even _have_ the Lancereaver in the first few chapters. And Eirika rapes her Avo against other things with it, particulary against axers (from normal WTA to double WTD AND some AS loss).

Eirika and Ephraim are both fine for me in this playthrough. Besides, I just have them both (Lvl20 A support with each other) sit in the back and play pattycake.

IMO, they are pretty similar in terms of usefulness. Two things seal my vote for Ephraim:

1. Lances have more might than Swords.

2. Ephraim's Route has the Map at Grado Keep, which is simply AMAZING.

Eirika has Speed to her advantage, but she is more Fragile than Ephraim.

Overall, it depends on your play style. Mine focusses on defense, so Ephraim is more useful.

I would say that Ephraim is better. I also prefer his route to Erika's. His has more promotion items than Erika's and gets them earlier. Ephraim's route gets 1 more knight's crest. And he gets Knoll and Duessel instead of Innes and Saleh.

And he gets Knoll and Duessel instead of Innes and Saleh.

You get all four either way, just the times differ, and for Knoll it doesn't even matter at all (though if you go Ephraim's you can choose not to deploy him, which is an advantage since he sucks). Duessel is a monster on Ephraim's route. Saleh makes for a very good magic and staff weilder on Eirika's route, what with his high magic levels and no need for a promo item and all. Innes is still in a stupid class, but at least he has a Silver Bow monopoly and he's good as long as the route lasts, and he does have some good growths.

It bothers me that there are people in this post who just goes like this;

Ephraim. No contest.

Or

Ephraim. Hands down.

Anyways, I voted for Ephraim because of his fantastic strength and defense. He is alledgedly ranked one of the most powerful lords in FE history, up top with Ike, Hector and Sigurd (although I think Celice is better).