Lotsa help needed.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's FE4, I assumed. And I don't recall him is as difficult boss. What problem do you have?

Edited by Nanna

It's FE4, I assumed. And I don't recall him is as difficult boss. What problem do you have?

Zain is the asshole with the Horse Slayer?

Not ringing any bells.

EDIT:

The only castle left to take is Agusty, and you'll have to get through Zyne

first. Since Zyne has the Horseslayer and that gives him 56 attack power

against your non-Alec horse units, it is obvious to keep horses out of his

melee range. Since you're foot soldiers and Alec don't have very good defense

at this point in the game, you'll still have to rely on mounts to kill him.

You will need Sigurd with a Javelin, Cuan with a Javelin, Lex with the Hero

Axe and Fin with the Hero Lance.

Have Sigurd get close enough so that they start charging. Ideally, his defense

should be low enough and his attack speed high enough that the first

Troubadour will fight him and he will kill her.

Pull back so that your mounts do not take too many hits from the other army

units. Now Zyne should be at the front of the army. Have Lex attack him with

the Hero Axe and heal him afterwards and have Fin attack with the Hero Lance.

If the expected damage dealt by Fin is not enough, have Cuan or Sigurd attack

him at 2-range with a Javelin and then have Fin attack.

Oh yeah, him. So that's where the I got that horseslayer.

Edited by Delmud

It's the Duke Knight with KnightSlayer. Do not attempt that "strategy" shown in the video since it was just a gamble that miraculously ended up in my favor.

Anyway, to make his crew easy, you could position 2 or 3 mounted units in range of the frontline enemies for a counter-attack so they won't be able to move back. Kill them off and keep retreating in the same manner, keeping some units behind those you're using to counter-attack and do so until his crew is low on enemies and you can gang up and kill them.

As soon as his army starts to charge, they use the hit-and-run technique on Cuan, Sigurd, and Fin, and they all eventually end up falling to the army.

OH, and it's in FE4, my bad.

I usually block them with Cuan and Sigurd. Or you can use Lex and Finn too. Then I use Azel, Mideel and Jamka to attack from behind. Ethlin is my preferable healer in this part as she can re-move after healing.

As for the boss, I send Ayra and Holyn against him....

This is my standard tactic, I'm not too sure if this can work on you....

Edited by Nanna

By some miracle, I did basically nothing that you guys told me I should do, and I succeeded. Heh, I guess it was a huge gamble, just like Levin said. Anyways, chapter three. Enemies strewn all over the place, but at least I have some near-promoted to promoted bunches ready to go.

Aideen is a High Preist.

Finn is a DukeKnight.

Ethlin is level 19.

So is Lex.

Midir died in order for me to pass through Elliot; there was no other choice. I regret it.

Anyways, any advice? How to conquer Madino? What to do when Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu come? What's up with Silvail? Who to give the Knight Ring to? Overall advice needed. I plan to bring Midir back from the dead using the Valkyrie Staff. I really don't care if he's underleveled, I just want to keep a full family. I definately will NOT. Let ANYONE. Die.

There's a pirate feast chasing Briggid, underleveled units will enjoy leveling up on them. Oh, and Tiltyu is underleveled, and in the vicinity of the pirate feast.

RETREAT BRIGGID TOWARDS CLAUDE AND TILTYU. You should be able to find a nice spot for Briggid to wall them. I didn't find them walking on water a problem, since they do it so slow.

By some miracle, I did basically nothing that you guys told me I should do, and I succeeded. Heh, I guess it was a huge gamble, just like Levin said. Anyways, chapter three. Enemies strewn all over the place, but at least I have some near-promoted to promoted bunches ready to go.

Aideen is a High Preist.

Finn is a DukeKnight.

Ethlin is level 19.

So is Lex.

Midir died in order for me to pass through Elliot; there was no other choice. I regret it.

Anyways, any advice? How to conquer Madino? What to do when Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu come? What's up with Silvail? Who to give the Knight Ring to? Overall advice needed. I plan to bring Midir back from the dead using the Valkyrie Staff. I really don't care if he's underleveled, I just want to keep a full family. I definately will NOT. Let ANYONE. Stay dead.

Fixed.

Anyway, for Madino, I usually have Lex solo the Lance knights on the Left, Levin solo the Armor Knights on the right and send every else north to deal with the Arch Knights, Armors and everything else... Here's how I played that one last time:

Claude, Tiltyu and Briggid? Just keep moving Briggid towards the other 2 and have some of your team (Sigurd for example) go out and help them. You can lock the enemies after Briggid in the sand so that a Pirate attacks Briggid directly, and you can pick off that Pirate with Tiltyu. I'd also recommend sending Fury to help them out with the Hero Sword.

Right. Sorry for the mistake on that...

So. Aideen is nastily low on funds, so she still doesn't have the Libro Staff that Lex sold. I barely got Sleep with Dew's assistance.

Speaking of Dew, should I use him to level him up against the pirates? This is coming from the stupid idiot who realized too late that he could have gotten like, 4 level-ups by taking the axemen in chapter 1. He's level 2 now.

Right. Sorry for the mistake on that...

So. Aideen is nastily low on funds, so she still doesn't have the Libro Staff that Lex sold. I barely got Sleep with Dew's assistance.

Speaking of Dew, should I use him to level him up against the pirates? This is coming from the stupid idiot who realized too late that he could have gotten like, 4 level-ups by taking the axemen in chapter 1. He's level 2 now.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have him hit the pirates for some good funds to transfer to others. Be sure to make good use of the Thief Sword if you have it too. As for the Sleep Staff... only reason I would you'd need that thing is to put Eltoshen to sleep and that's it. It's doesn't help with much in the 1st Gen.

Chapter 4 is ideal. Get him the Wind Sword, and when the bridge goes down, get him on the border with that sword equipped.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you can also use Lachesis against the pirates, because I don't want to bother with selling the Thief Sword, and that she's underleveled, too, OR, do I need her for Eltoshan at the same time, which renders her necessary to be somewhere else, NOT mutilating the hell out of pirates?And just how dangerously amazing is Ichival? When do you get the GaeBolg? And the Tyrfing in the future?

You can have her talk to Eltshan and then Warp her to the castle near the beach. You really only need Sigurd over there to seize, and even then, you can Warp him.

Ichival and all Holy Weapons are great, but they're costly, too. Ichival is 1000 gold a shot.

You can get the Gaeborg after Silvail is conquered by having Ethlin talk to Cuan.

You get Tyfring by having Sigurd by talking to Vylon in Chapter 5, iirc.

Fixed.

Anyway, for Madino, I usually have Lex solo the Lance knights on the Left, Levin solo the Armor Knights on the right and send every else north to deal with the Arch Knights, Armors and everything else...

But what about under the case that I don't want to move Levin over too far to the east, which renders him quite useless for a big chunk out of the chapter, trying to get back on track. What about Fury with an Iron Cutter? At least she can get back as quickly as she went there. Lex, I was already planning to use to take out the lanceknights. He'll probably level up to 20, so he can just zip right back to the home castle, and promote into a GreatKnight.