Draco knight to falco knight?

BlackRose

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure Dracoknights are better ? With Falcoknights' resistance in a game that is practically devoid of resistance, I think they are superior.

Except that resistance means nothing when most of your enemies are physical units. Enemy Mages can be killed in 1 hit and most classes have better MOV than mages so you'll often be able to kill them before they can attack you.

Draco Knight >>> Falco Knight outside of Wifi.

Except that resistance means nothing when most of your enemies are physical units. Enemy Mages can be killed in 1 hit and most classes have better MOV than mages so you'll often be able to kill them before they can attack you.

I should've made it clear that I mean inside of WiFi. I agree with you about story mode, however. Dracoknights are far more useful there. In WiFi, everyone has a Merric with Swam, which Dracoknights can take some pretty heavy hits from.

I actually disagree. The 23 Spd Cap on Dracoknights makes it a wasted class on characters like Shiida who have a huge Spd growth. She caps Spd before Level 3 and that's her main advantage.

I can't see most default Dracoknights (aka promoted Pegasus Knights) being good units as they all generally lack in Str and Def (because of the FE Female "weak in physical Str, but faster and more skillful than FE Males" typecast). Falcoknight suits them much better tbh, increased Res or not.

Keep that in mind while reading.

I actually disagree. The 23 Spd Cap on Dracoknights makes it a wasted class on characters like Shiida who have a huge Spd growth. She caps Spd before Level 3 and that's her main advantage.

What's 25 SPD gonna do for Shiida when 23 SPD is already doubling everything but Medeus? +2% avoid? If so, I laugh at you. Falco Knight is garbage in the story. The STR and DEF she's getting thanks to the Draco Knight class will serve her better than some unnecessary RES and slightly higher SPD cap that's even more unnecessary than the RES.

I can't see most default Dracoknights (aka promoted Pegasus Knights) being good units as they all generally lack in Str and Def (because of the FE Female "weak in physical Str, but faster and more skillful than FE Males" typecast). Falcoknight suits them much better tbh, increased Res or not.

Yup, the Peg knights generally have low DEF and STR, which is PRECISELY why Draco Knight is a good class for them, because the base stats of that class are more beneficial for them since they need those stats. STR and DEF are better in this game because Avoid is nerfed and RES is just LOLgarbage. "Suits them better" is just opinion. Draco Knight >>> Falco Knight outside of Wifi is fact until some1 can disprove this.

If DK >>>> FK outside wifi then do you mean falco knights are better than DK in wifi?

They are. The 5 DEF difference doesn't mean much in Wifi when DK is getting doubled by Berserkers and quadrupled if it's with Brave Weapons. The 25 SPD cap Falco Knight has makes it so that Snipers, Horsemen and Swordmasters are the only ones capable of doubling. Also, the RES actually means something in Wifi due to Swarm and Levin Sword.

Keep that in mind while reading.

What's 25 SPD gonna do for Shiida when 23 SPD is already doubling everything but Medeus? +2% avoid? If so, I laugh at you. Falco Knight is garbage in the story. The STR and DEF she's getting thanks to the Draco Knight class will serve her better than some unnecessary RES and slightly higher SPD cap that's even more unnecessary than the RES.

Yup, the Peg knights generally have low DEF and STR, which is PRECISELY why Draco Knight is a good class for them, because the base stats of that class are more beneficial for them since they need those stats. STR and DEF are better in this game because Avoid is nerfed and RES is just LOLgarbage. "Suits them better" is just opinion. Draco Knight >>> Falco Knight outside of Wifi is fact until some1 can disprove this.

Well on my NORMAL playthrough (when the Arenas were PISS EASY) I tried abusing Shiida up to 20/20 as a Dracoknight. She often got doubled, and couple that will a bollocks Str/Def growth (yep, she even sucked with that as a Dracoknight) she got destroyed. Now, as I don't have Wi-Fi I decided to Reclass her as a Paladin and she nearly eclipsed (RNG Blessed) Frey (Shiida had 18 Def at 20/20 whereas Frey had 12).

Now, I'll admit I'm making a few assumptions about the Falcolknight tbh, but the way I play Fire Emblem means that Spd is always the most important stat. If anyone intends to Arena abuse, Spd is the thing that usually determines whether you live or whether you die! Also a Falcoknight's Caps are more in line with the natural growth rates of a female Pegasus Knight. By reclassing them to Dracoknight you lose the Skl/Spd bonus that each original Pegasus Knight would grow in and how exactly would that follow on from the first 20 levels as a Pegasus Knight? You can't honestly believe that the growth rates are THAT beneficial as opposed to one another. Also to be perfectly honest, thus far, I haven't seen a single significant or worthwhile improvement in Str or Def as a Dracoknight so we're just working off your personal experience alone which doesn't particularly override my experience.

Saying that you'll double everything but Medeus in the main game is also BS, Merciless mode sees to that. Exaggeration much?

So I ultimately believe that Falcoknights have a place in many people's playthroughs, just because you've never been good enough to Arena abuse, doesn't mean other people aren't. Bear in mind that Dracoknights get massacred in the Arena 80% of the time as well. FACT!

But all of this aside, I personally think that Paladins are better than both of them. No weakness to Arrows, better balance of stats, good caps all round. Paladin >>>>> Dracoknight/Falcoknight (NOTE : Only in FE : DS).

Edited by Ephidel

If you're intending to max your character's stats, then there's no reason to use Falcoknight over Paladin. Paladins simply have far better growth configurations. To say that Falcoknight has a place is really stretching it. Paladin simply obsoletes the Falcoknight completely.

For practical, efficient purposes, Dracoknight wins. The base stats and flying ability are far too valuable.

Saying that you'll double everything but Medeus in the main game is also BS. Exaggeration much?
Absolutely not. You only need 18 speed to double endgame enemies on NM. Even if Dracoknights aren't doubling Medeus, I doubt they're getting doubled.
Now, I'll admit I'm making a few assumptions about the Falcolknight tbh, but the way I play Fire Emblem means that Spd is always the most important stat. If anyone intends to Arena abuse, Spd is the thing that usually determines whether you live or whether you die!
There are stats called HP and Defense. They are far more important than speed for survival. You only need enough speed to not get doubled in order for Speed to determine whether you live or survive.

"But dodging means you'll live!" Good luck dodging. This game is configured to play like FE1/3, which dodging is very unreliable. Not to mention that the game uses 2 RNs for accuracy, and most enemies tend to have 50+.

1. Well on my NORMAL playthrough (when the Arenas were PISS EASY) I tried abusing Shiida up to 20/20 as a Dracoknight. She often got doubled, and couple that will a bollocks Str/Def growth (yep, she even sucked with that as a Dracoknight) she got destroyed. Now, as I don't have Wi-Fi I decided to Reclass her as a Paladin and she nearly eclipsed (RNG Blessed) Frey (Shiida had 18 Def at 20/20 whereas Frey had 12).

2. Now, I'll admit I'm making a few assumptions about the Falcolknight tbh, but the way I play Fire Emblem means that Spd is always the most important stat. If anyone intends to Arena abuse, Spd is the thing that usually determines whether you live or whether you die! A Falcoknight's Caps are more in line with the natural growth rates of a female Pegasus Knight. By reclassing to Dracoknight, thus far, I haven't seen a single significant or worthwhile improvement in Str or Def.

3. Saying that you'll double everything but Medeus in the main game is also BS. Exaggeration much?

4. So I ultimately believe that Falcoknights have a place in many people's playthroughs, just because you've never been good enough to Arena abuse, doesn't mean other people aren't. Dracoknights get massacred in the Arena 80% of the time. FACT!

5. But all of this aside, I personally think that Paladins are better than both of them. No weakness to Arrows, better balance of stats, good caps all round. Paladin >>>>> Dracoknight/Falcoknight (NOTE : Only in FE : DS).

1. Shiida getting doubled in the Arena? Odd... Meh, no1 counts arena when they're talking about the story mode anyway.

2. Except SPD isn't doing much to guarantee survival for any1 since in this game, 1 SPD = 1 AVO and accuracy is still quite high for the enemies. It's a miracle to see 50% hit rates really... Also, your units are hardly ever getting doubled in NM.

3. That statement of yours is the BS here. I have a chapter 20 save file that I could easily warp skip everything just to record the stats on the enemies and from the several times I've looked, their SPD is just pathetic, 12 SPD at chapter 20 and it doesn't get much better in the endgame, or do you wanna continue suggesting otherwise?

4. Wait what? I have to be good to abuse? Beating the game with completely overpowered units that will make you fall asleep during the enemy phase means I'm good? Holy shit, where am I :o.

Seriously though, a DK getting "massacred" in the Arena is absurd if we're talking NM. Maybe in H5 but I wouldn't know since I've only used the arena to make a wifi team and that's it.

5. Paladins generate better growth but ultimately, in NM, DK results in the best reclassed stats.

1. Shiida getting doubled in the Arena? Odd... Meh, no1 counts arena when they're talking about the story mode anyway.

2. Except SPD isn't doing much to guarantee survival for any1 since in this game, 1 SPD = 1 AVO and accuracy is still quite high for the enemies. It's a miracle to see 50% hit rates really... Also, your units are hardly ever getting doubled in NM.

3. That statement of yours is the BS here. I have a chapter 20 save file that I could easily warp skip everything just to record the stats on the enemies and from the several times I've looked, their SPD is just pathetic, 12 SPD at chapter 20 and it doesn't get much better in the endgame, or do you wanna continue suggesting otherwise?

4. Wait what? I have to be good to abuse? Beating the game with completely overpowered units that will make you fall asleep during the enemy phase means I'm good? Holy shit, where am I :o.

Seriously though, a DK getting "massacred" in the Arena is absurd if we're talking NM. Maybe in H5 but I wouldn't know since I've only used the arena to make a wifi team and that's it.

5. Paladins generate better growth but ultimately, in NM, DK results in the best reclassed stats.

What do you do all day? Sit on here and wait to post?

Shit, that was a world-record breaking reply time! =0

I haven't really read this reply yet properly, but I would like to say that even on Normal mode my Dracoknights DID get killed quite a few times. Shiida never died once after I made her a Paladin.

What is this edit that's supposed to completely discredit our arguments?

No, just details. The bigger insult is your own actions that make you look like a geek who just sits on a forum all day looking for a reason to post and hopefully get into an argument.

Don't you do anything else? :/

What do you do all day? Sit on here and wait to post?

Shit, that was a world-record breaking reply time! =0

I haven't really read this reply yet properly, but I would like to say that even on Normal mode my Dracoknights DID get killed quite a few times. Shiida never died once after I made her a Paladin.

First... there's a 12 minute gap between your post and mine. You're exaggerating.

Second... your statements required little or no effort to answer, they're just that weak. I read your edit and it doesn't make much of a difference. No1 who wants to optimize their character gives a damn about what classes their growths are most suitable.

If there's nothing insanely different, then there's no real reason to complain about us posting quickly then.

Well mostly the bit that talks about Merciless mode. You all just jumped on the most extreme opposite possibility in order to verify your claims (aka "in Normal Mode..." etc). Of course, Normal Mode is a joke and I've stated that before in another thread. I could do a "Dark Mage Darros Solo Run" on Normal Mode, so of course Spd isn't a friggin' concern then.