Draco knight to falco knight?

BlackRose

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try to get back on topic. Immediately.

1, Strange, I find using the Arenas difficult on Merciless.
Levin's point still stands. If you manage to arena abuse and get an overleveled character, then nobody cares that you beat the game.
2, Arenas exist to be used, otherwise they wouldn't put them in the game. That's like saying "NO! Don't use grenades because this game is perfectly doable with a Pistol!".
Arenas exist to be used, yes, but this is not how units are judged in quality. The quality of units are based on playing the game efficiently and not screwing around.
3, Except, like I said, you replied WAY too fast like you were waiting on this thread and I have to use the Wii Browser. Maybe you shouldn't just wait around hoping for someone to post, because it's all too much of a coincidence to be a random event.
Get over it. This whole thing happened too long ago.
5, And you could keep FKs out of harm's way as well with a bit of common sense, but isn't this a FK Vs DK argument? I'm getting confused when people counter the FK with a Paladin then attempt to override the Paladin with a DK.
Paladin obsoleting FK is an argument against FK, because once you promote into Falcoknight, you no longer have access to Dracoknight, but if you promote to Dracoknight, you still have access to Paladin if you so wish, and both Paladin and Dracoknight are better than Falcoknight in their own ways.

Basically, by promoting to Dracoknight, you are not giving up the advantages the Falcoknight has that the Paladin covers.

I've already said that I prefer Paladins to both of them, so that's irrelevant.
Alright. I prefer Paladins too, but we're trying to debate facts here as to which class is better for an efficient playthrough of the game, not what class we like the best.
At least Falcoknights can participate in more Chapters from the start, unlike DKs who spend a lot of time waiting for other units to whack a Swarm user. And don't say Iote's Shield because it comes too late to be of any significant use and you can use it on FKs as well.
If you're going to use favortism to get Falcoknights in the first several chapters in the game, then this can also be applied to the Cavaliers or using a Master Seal on Shiida to earn you a Dracoknight/Paladin instead. Paladin for the chapters with pirates, Dracoknight to pwn the rest of the game.

Levin's point still stands. If you manage to arena abuse and get an overleveled character, then nobody cares that you beat the game.

Arenas exist to be used, yes, but this is not how units are judged in quality. The quality of units are based on playing the game efficiently and not screwing around.

Get over it. This whole thing happened too long ago.

Paladin obsoleting FK is an argument against FK, because once you promote into Falcoknight, you no longer have access to Dracoknight, but if you promote to Dracoknight, you still have access to Paladin if you so wish, and both Paladin and Dracoknight are better than Falcoknight in their own ways.

Basically, by promoting to Dracoknight, you are not giving up the advantages the Falcoknight has that the Paladin covers.

Alright. I prefer Paladins too, but we're trying to debate facts here as to which class is better for an efficient playthrough of the game, not what class we like the best.

If you're going to use favortism to get Falcoknights in the first several chapters in the game, then this can also be applied to the Cavaliers or using a Master Seal on Shiida to earn you a Dracoknight/Paladin instead. Paladin for the chapters with pirates, Dracoknight to pwn the rest of the game.

Do you really have to bring Christians into this? I'm a Christian myself, and I take offense to this slandering.

1, Beating the game doesn't need to be done via a rulebook or to obtain the respect of your peers. Beating the game is perfectly fine however you do it, otherwise Arenas wouldn't be in the game. Why use inferior weapons when you can nuke 'em (just like the USA)?

As for screwing around, read my first point. Though I agree that this is about stats and implementation and not "cheating the system" so to speak.

He mentioned "it" again, so I have to provide an explanation.

But whilst there are countless units in the game with good Str and Def, how many Physical Atk units come with high Res? It's pretty unique, no? And what's more, it can make for some useful strategies combined with a Warp Staff user.

I guess if you're coupling DK+Paladin Vs FK+Paladin you have a point, but the Res is still lower on a Paladin. In a straight up FK Vs DK comparison though, FK has more use in the game imo, whilst a DK is nothing special.

Falcoknights don't need to Reclass earlygame.

And I only responded because you earned my respect with your last sentence.

1, Strange, I find using the Arenas difficult on Merciless.

2, Arenas exist to be used, otherwise they wouldn't put them in the game. That's like saying "NO! Don't use grenades because this game is perfectly doable with a Pistol!".

3, Except, like I said, you replied WAY too fast like you were waiting on this thread and I have to use the Wii Browser. Maybe you shouldn't just wait around hoping for someone to post, because it's all too much of a coincidence to be a random event.

4, See point 2 again.

5, And you could keep FKs out of harm's way as well with a bit of common sense, but isn't this a FK Vs DK argument? I'm getting confused when people counter the FK with a Paladin then attempt to override the Paladin with a DK.

I've already said that I prefer Paladins to both of them, so that's irrelevant.

Swarm Bishops target the character they can inflict the most damage on, so a DK is high up on the list. Unless a DK's Def cancels out all Physical Attacks altogether, a Swarm hit or 2 could put them in danger. A Falcoknight has no need to worry about that and they'll rarely even be a target.

DK's can't break the enemy lines when Arrowspates are around or when there are Swarm users around, so in a good few chapters you have to hold them back until most of the fighting is over.

Paladins have none of those drawbacks, and what good is flying going to do if you can move into the battle, eh?

At least Falcoknights can participate in more Chapters from the start, unlike DKs who spend a lot of time waiting for other units to whack a Swarm user. And don't say Iote's Shield because it comes too late to be of any significant use and you can use it on FKs as well.

1. Except they're not necessary for the story mode so that is irrelevant. What good will an Arena being difficult on merciless do for any1? Is it going to suggest that a person who can abuse the arena in H5 is more skilled than some1 who can't?

2. Opinion. I don't know exactly why arenas exist and you probably don't either unless you got the answer straight out of some1 from IS. My guess is that it's for those that are struggling with the game. They're there but they're not necessarily meant to be used.

3. 12 minute gap suggests otherwise and who would know that you're using the Wii browser until you said so? Also, it's not "waiting around hoping for some1 to post" when you can see their name in italics meaning they're typing something. If I know they're typing something, I figure their response should be up in a while so I simply continue playing my games and refresh the page every few minutes. I'd rather get back to a reply quickly and get things over with rather than have to visit the same topic several days.

4. See my point 2 as well then.

5. You bring up the fact that this is a DK vs FK argument to me when you were arguing about radiant dawn earlier? >_>. Anyway, I'm simply answering what I can. Paladins are used to counter FK because they too have some RES and they're not blocking out the better class.

Swarm Bishops aren't common and the only time they're ever a problem is in chapter 17x when opening a certain door with base stat Julian. Why should I give up the DK class just so I can avoid a few Swarm Bishops when physical enemies are far more common and the DEF from the DK class will help much more often? Swarm bishops have around 19 ATK and pure water/barrier staff help reduce the damage from that quite well. FK won't last against physical enemies as much as DK would and physical enemies are far more common so it's much better to go for DK for the extra DEF.

The same goes for FK since they'll take more damage from arrowspate, except for maybe with the Swarm Bishops but again, they're not common. Also, FK can't "break the enemy lines" as well as DK can since DK has the better STR and DEF and the stats PK has over DK do nothing to compensate for this fact.

The drawbacks aren't that common and Paladin has to live with terrain getting in the way.

Um... no. DKs will participate in battle more often than FK since they're capable of taking more physical hits and again: Swarm Bishops are uncommon. Why would I bring up the Iote Shield?

Seriously, guys. You're wasting your time on this one. I'm not kidding when I say watching Troll 2 would be a more productive way to spend your time.

Edited by MightyZagaro

Sorry, I was just throwing that out there and I wasn't directing it at you.

No no no, I KNOW who you were directing it at.

Hence my statement on why you'd have a better chance at trying to resurrect the three stooges.

1, Beating the game doesn't need to be done via a rulebook or to obtain the respect of your peers. Beating the game is perfectly fine however you do it, otherwise Arenas wouldn't be in the game. Why use inferior weapons when you can nuke 'em (just like the USA)?
While this is true, this is not how things are examined in quality and efficiency.
As for screwing around, read my first point. Though I agree that this is about stats and implementation and not "cheating the system" so to speak.
If you agree, then it would be better not to use your methods of beating the game as an argument.
But whilst there are countless units in the game with good Str and Def, how many Physical Atk units come with high Res?
I didn't know Paladins were magic users now.
I guess if you're coupling DK+Paladin Vs FK+Paladin you have a point, but the Res is still lower on a Paladin. In a straight up FK Vs DK comparison though, FK has more use in the game imo, whilst a DK is nothing special.
So two chapters is the whole game now? Only in two chapters are Magic users rampant, and even then a two Res difference isn't going to mean much, since it's only two less damage from Magic users, because Paladins are never going to get doubled by Magic users not named Gharnef, ever.

And the Dracoknight is very special. Three more defense and two more strength while still being just as fast and still able to fly? Heck yeah.

Edited by FE3 Player

While this is true, this is not how things are examined in quality and efficiency.

If you agree, then it would be better not to use your methods of beating the game as an argument.

I didn't know Paladins were magic users now.

So two chapters is the whole game now? Only in two chapters are Magic users rampant, and even then a two Res difference isn't going to mean much, since it's only two less damage from Magic users, because Paladins are never going to get doubled by Magic users, ever.

And the Dracoknight is very special. Three more defense and two more strength while still being just as fast and still able to fly? Heck yeah.

Your methods of ascertaining quality/efficiency are different to mine, I've never been one to follow a set pattern anyway.

Paladins still have lower Res.

No, I'm sure there are more than 2 chapters with Spawn Bishops.

Finally, 2 less Spd is still 2 less Spd. And there is no BEXP in this game so capping Str and Def is very unlikely in my experience.

I really have to go now, but I will return.

Your methods of ascertaining quality/efficiency are different to mine, I've never been one to follow a set pattern anyway.
Better get on the same page then, because I don't stop for anyone.
And there is no BEXP in this game so capping Str and Def is very unlikely in my experience.
So what? You don't need to cap Str and Def to be an awesome unit. Having more Def than other units makes you awesome. The comparison is relative.
Paladins still have lower Res.

Finally, 2 less Spd is still 2 less Spd.

Sigh....... The result of having +2 in Speed or Res is pretty negligible. Edited by FE3 Player