Draco knight to falco knight?

BlackRose

Then you should've made that clear earlier since there was no mention of Merciless mode in your other posts when I looked at them AFTER the. I see that you finally mentioned it now...

Anyway, even in Merciless mode, Falco Knight is still inferior to DK.

Edited by Levin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First... there's a 12 minute gap between your post and mine. You're exaggerating.

Second... your statements required little or no effort to answer, they're just that weak. I read your edit and it doesn't make much of a difference. No1 who wants to optimize their character gives a damn about what classes their growths are most suitable.

So Stat Caps in line with Stat Growths aren't important? Surely you should take advantage of the opportunity to easily Cap Skl/Spd rather than hope that you get RNG blessed Str and Def as a Dracoknight? If anything, 10 levels as each would be better.

Well then... Let me support my claims, using H5. From the post you didn't respond to...

If you're intending to max your character's stats, then there's no reason to use Falcoknight over Paladin. Paladins simply have far better growth configurations. To say that Falcoknight has a place is really stretching it. Paladin simply obsoletes the Falcoknight completely.

For practical, efficient purposes, Dracoknight wins. The base stats and flying ability are far too valuable.

Dracoknights are just as fast as Falcoknights. But they're also getting a nice defense boost from becoming Dracoknights. Your Dracoknights are going to be doubling much more easily than most other units, despite having "lol two less speed."
There are stats called HP and Defense. They are far more important than speed for survival. You only need enough speed to not get doubled in order for Speed to determine whether you live or survive.

"But dodging means you'll live!" Good luck dodging. This game is configured to play like FE1/3, which dodging is very unreliable. Not to mention that the game uses 2 RNs for accuracy, and most enemies tend to have 50+.

Two extra speed from Falcoknight does nothing for dodging.
So Stat Caps in line with Stat Growths aren't important?
Growths are important. Stat caps are not. Edited by FE3 Player

Then you should've made that clear earlier since there was no mention of Merciless mode in your other posts when I looked at them AFTER the. I see that you finally mentioned it now...

Anyway, even in Merciless mode, Falco Knight is still inferior to DK.

You mean there was no mention of Merciless in my original post? Before the one and only edit I've done to it?

Also, Post time difference means shit all. You have to have TYPED that post, so you had to have started typing it at least a few minutes before posting. What's wrong? Bored to death of FE : DS already?

Any other vitriolic comments you'd like to add or are you going to realise that this is a forum and not a dictatorship?

So Stat Caps in line with Stat Growths aren't important? Surely you should take advantage of the opportunity to easily Cap Skl/Spd rather than hope that you get RNG blessed Str and Def as a Dracoknight? If anything, 10 levels as each would be better.

Read this quote FE3 Player.

The one YOU didn't respond to.

Read this quote FE3 Player.
Alight. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.
Absolutely not. The average endgame level for units is 20/10. What matters in determining unit worth is averages at certain parts of the game and how they perform, not "lol 20/20 stats" and coming up with silly conclusions such as Est being the best or junk like that. Edited by FE3 Player

1. You mean there was no mention of Merciless in my original post? Before the one and only edit I've done to it?

Also, Post time difference means shit all. You have to have TYPED that post, so you had to have started typing it at least a few minutes before posting. What's wrong? Bored to death of FE : DS already?

Any other vitriolic comments you'd like to add or are you going to realise that this is a forum and not a dictatorship?

1. CTRL + F "Merciless". I find only 1 result in the first page and it's where I told you.

2. Didn't take me long and I already explained why. Read some1's response carefully and things wouldn't have to be explained more than once. Can't play the game anyway one of the hinges in my DS is broken and I have to buy a new one. I don't like emulation on my laptop since I dislike keyboard control (yes, even for fire emblem)

3. Hmm let's see, I look at the top left of my browser's window and it says "Forums". I look at the address bar and I see the word forum. I look at the layout of this site and it looks like a forum. I KNOW that this is a forum and I'm not trying to be a dictator, all I'm doing is simply stating what I know of the subject while avoiding the use of my opinion because my opinion means nothing here.

Edited by Levin

Alight. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Absolutely not. The average endgame level for units is 20/10. What matters in determining unit worth is averages at certain parts of the game and how they perform, not "lol 20/20 stats" and coming up with silly conclusions such as Est being the best or junk like that.

So what exactly? There's now a rulebook and set of strict guidelines to judging a unit's worth? I guess that's kinda like how fanboys come up with Tier Lists, AMIRITE?

Just like Brawl Tier Lists or Soul Calibur IV Tier Lists, you know, the kind of Tier Lists that incestuous geeks come up with in a vain attempt to attribute some credibility to their generally perceived childish games. The same kind of Tier Lists that I've banned people from own forums for. Pointless arguments, generally insulting/patronising behaviour etc. They don't lend themselves well to a community's appearance.

Hey. When are you going to counter my argument?

EDIT: Ah, I just caught this little gem:

The same kind of Tier Lists that I've banned people from own forums for.
Edited by FE3 Player

1. CTRL + F "Merciless". I find only 1 result in the first page and it's where I told you.

2. Didn't take me long and I already explained why. Read some1's response carefully and things wouldn't have to be explained more than once. Can't play the game anyway one of the hinges in my DS is broken and I have to buy a new one. I don't like emulation on my laptop since I dislike keyboard control (yes, even for fire emblem)

3. Hmm let's see, I look at the top left of my browser's window and it says "Forums". I look at the address bar and I see the word forum. I look at the layout of this site and it looks like a forum. I KNOW that this is a forum and I'm not trying to be a dictator, all I'm doing is simply stating what I know of the subject while avoiding the use of my opinion because my opinion means nothing here.

Well I find your "lack of opinion" statements to be very opinionated. They are naturally tainted by your own subjective experiences and so stating them as they are facts comes off as being arrogant.

Second of all, whether some of your comments were intended as "cheeky humour" or "bitter insults" I don't know, but I do know how I perceived them and I suggest you don't just launch yourself at people you disagree with.

And sorry about your DS. I'd be pissed off as well if my DS was broken. I dislike emulators anyway on a matter of principle.

Peace?

*Waves white flag*

Hey. When are you going to counter my argument?

EDIT: Ah, I just caught this little gem:

You REALLY don't know my Forums! ;D

I have to be, let's say, intimidating and "in control".

ME LIEK TEH POWAR! :P

When are you going to counter my argument? It's still there, unanswered, because I can tell you disagree and don't like what I have to say.

I have to be, let's say, intimidating and "in control".

ME LIEK TEH POWAR!

If your forum is a dictatorship, then stop judging other forums based on the same thing.

Well I find your "lack of opinion" statements to be very opinionated. They are naturally tainted by your own subjective experiences and so stating them as they are facts comes off as being arrogant.

Second of all, whether some of your comments were intended as "cheeky humour" or "bitter insults" I don't know, but I do know how I perceived them and I suggest you don't just launch yourself at people you disagree with.

And sorry about your DS. I'd be pissed off as well if my DS was broken. I dislike emulators anyway on a matter of principle.

Peace?

*Waves white flag*

You may find this "arrogant" but I believe that's a misunderstanding on your part. I don't bring personal experiences when talking about Fire Emblem because like I said, my opinion means nothing in SF or anywhere else. The bolded statements are opinions.

I had no intention of using insults because that usually results in some1 going off topic and saying something like "sheesh, calm down" or "getting angry are we" or something to that nature. Again, I was avoiding my own opinion and simply talking about the subject based on factual data in the game and the calculations provided in this site.

Eh I'm not really pissed about, saw it coming.

Depends.

Edited by Levin

When are you going to counter my argument? It's still there, unanswered, because I can tell you disagree and don't like what I have to say.

If your forum is a dictatorship, then stop judging other forums based on the same thing.

I did answer your argument, and you're just ignoring it. It's purely subjective either way and therefore it's pointless arguing.

Also, no Admin or Mod had been here posting against me in an argumentative manner. Just standard members. My actions in my forum were perfectly acceptable in the given circumstances so I don't think you're in any position to comment on that. My last post was a joke, but judging by your miserable attitude I assume you haven't actually laughed in years.

The Admin and Mods I've seen so far on these forums have been generally responsible and welcoming. Then again, I guess every forum has it's trolls.

I did answer your argument, and you're just ignoring it. It's purely subjective either way and therefore it's pointless arguing.
*looks up*

I see no answer. You haven't proved me wrong on my point, all you've done is whine about me actually making said point. This topic is about Falcoknights vs. Dracoknights, not the morals of tier lists and why it's wrong to discuss the pros and cons of classes. Our discussions may be heated, but that's just the fires of debate. We enjoy this sort of stuff.

If you're going to judge me on that, then why should I give you respect?

Also, no Admin or Mod had been here posting against me in an argumentative manner. Just standard members. My actions in my forum were perfectly acceptable in the given circumstances so I don't think you're in any position to comment on that. My last post was a joke, but judging by your miserable attitude I assume you haven't actually laughed in years.
I do have a very reason to comment on the hypocrosy. Tier lists are not bannable offenses. If you're banning people for making tier lists and actually making discussions about the game, then your forum is a true democracy, a very controlling one where people disagreeing with your opinion = BAN.

If you're going to ban people for not adhering to your ideals, then don't judge other forums for allowing discussions.

Also keep in mind that this is NOT Far from the Forest. This is the Fire Emblem DS boards. As long as we're on topic and continuing to have a decent discussion, the mods shouldn't even have to worry about us.

Edited by FE3 Player

You may find this "arrogant" but I believe that's a misunderstanding on your part. I don't bring personal experiences when talking about Fire Emblem because like I said, my opinion means nothing in SF or anywhere else. The bolded statements are opinions.

I had no intention of using insults because that usually results in some1 going off topic and saying something like "sheesh, calm down" or "getting angry are we" or something to that nature. Again, I was avoiding my own opinion and simply talking about the subject based on factual data in the game and the calculations provided in this site.

Eh I'm not really pissed about, saw it coming.

Depends.

Factual Data in the game? You mean factual data according to your experiences and playthroughs? Is it just me or is there something called RNG in this game? (?_?)

You should never just claim you are right like you did, I think hindsight will show you the tactfulness (or lack of) in your wording.

Do I have to carry on now? I've been up for 16+ hours already and it's now the morning AGAIN (nearly Afternoon). I just came on to have a nice relaxing read..... >_>

1. Factual Data in the game? You mean factual data according to your experiences and playthroughs? Is it just me or is there something called RNG in this game? (?_?)

2. You should never just claim you are right like you did, I think hindsight will show you the tactfulness (or lack of) in your wording.

Do I have to carry on now? I've been up for 16+ hours already and it's now the morning AGAIN (nearly Afternoon). I just came on to have a nice relaxing read..... >_>

1. Outcomes in this game are far more easier to predict and calculate because of how the avoid formula works. And by factual data, I mean the stats you see on the enemies. Again, my personal experience with the game means nothing and I'm not using it.

2. Here's something I've said earlier:

Draco Knight >>> Falco Knight outside of Wifi is fact until some1 can disprove this. No1 has proven this wrong yet. FE3 player has only supported this claim.

3. ...

*looks up*

I see no answer. You haven't proved me wrong on my point, all you've done is whine about me actually making said point. This topic is about Falcoknights vs. Dracoknights, not the morals of tier lists and why it's wrong to discuss the pros and cons of classes. Our discussions may be heated, but that's just the fires of debate. We enjoy this sort of stuff.

If you're going to judge me on that, then why should I give you respect?

I do have a very reason to comment on the hypocrosy. Tier lists are not bannable offenses. If you're banning people for making tier lists and actually making discussions about the game, then your forum is a true democracy, a very controlling one where people disagreeing with your opinion = BAN.

If you're going to ban people for not adhering to your ideals, then don't judge other forums for allowing discussions.

Also keep in mind that this is NOT Far from the Forest. This is the Fire Emblem DS boards. As long as we're on topic and continuing to have a decent discussion, the mods shouldn't even have to worry about us.

Your lack of wit and intellect is both incredible and abominable at the same time! =0

I said it was a subjective argument, therefore NO-ONE IS RIGHT! That's why YOU FAIL AT LOGIC! I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong. End of story.

Also, forgive me if I don't seem to give a shit, but why should I care about your "respect" again? Are you someone important?

No? I didn't think so!

As for my forums, there you go again. Reading into your own little dreamt up world in your head. Some people would call that cute, I'd call it stupid and annoying, so I guess my analysis kinda suits you better.

1. Outcomes in this game are far more easier to predict and calculate because of how the avoid formula works. And by factual data, I mean the stats you see on the enemies. Again, my personal experience with the game means nothing and I'm not using it.

2. Here's something I've said earlier:

Draco Knight >>> Falco Knight outside of Wifi is fact until some1 can disprove this. No1 has proven this wrong yet. FE3 player has only supported this claim.

3. ...

Can I disprove it later then, because this currently seems more about arguing for arguing's sake at the moment.

Eyes.... are... closing......

Must...... turn.... Wii..... off.....

Note : Yeah, I use my Wii to type and browse the net. I bet you guys don't have the kind of ligaments in your wrists that I have in mine! <(@_@)^

I said it was a subjective argument, therefore NO-ONE IS RIGHT! That's why YOU FAIL AT LOGIC! I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong. End of story.
The whole point of tiers and comparing classes is to examine facts. I gave factual advantages Dracoknights have, and you haven't even tried to prove that stat caps are more valuable than class base stats.
Also, forgive me if I don't seem to give a shit, but why should I care about your "respect" again? Are you someone important?
You're easily ticked off and you keep insulting people in this thread. If you had my respect, I guarantee you that you would have had the quiet, relaxing read that you wanted.
As for my forums, there you go again. Reading into your own little dreamt up world in your head. Some people would call that cute, I'd call it stupid and annoying, so I guess my analysis kinda suits you better.
Alright, so I'm going to guess your forum is a dictatorship then. Seriously, banning people over tier lists? Edited by FE3 Player

They are. The 5 DEF difference doesn't mean much in Wifi when DK is getting doubled by Berserkers and quadrupled if it's with Brave Weapons. The 25 SPD cap Falco Knight has makes it so that Snipers, Horsemen and Swordmasters are the only ones capable of doubling. Also, the RES actually means something in Wifi due to Swarm and Levin Sword.

I've personally found Levin Sword to be fairly useless.

The whole point of tiers and comparing classes is to examine facts. I gave factual advantages Dracoknights have, and you haven't even tried to prove that stat caps are more valuable than class base stats.

You're easily ticked off and you keep insulting people in this thread. If you had my respect, I guarantee you that you would have had the quiet, relaxing read that you wanted.

Alright, so I'm going to guess your forum is a dictatorship then. Seriously, banning people over tier lists?

1, Stat Caps + Character Base Growths = Max Capped Stats at Level 20. Playing the game to your natural advantages and bearing in mind my use of the Arenas, I find Falcoknights to be simply more useful than Dracoknights. Forged Weapons or the rare chance of RNG-blessed Str counter the low(ish) Str. That said, I've never found 5 points in Str to be that amazing tbh. I don't tend to make Fliers for tanking purposes or to be one man armies. Fliers are always support due their susceptibility to bows. I also don't tend to read up about the whole game in advance and "plan my way" through the game. I just prepare for every challenge that I may come across instead.

Plus, there are far better high Atk, high Def units who perform their jobs a lot better than a Dracoknight. Dracoknights don't seem to have a decent place on the battlefield due to their inherent weaknesses. If anything, Dracoknights are a liability due to the many Swarm wielding Bishops in the latter Chapters, something which Falcoknights don't have to worry about.

To sum up a Dracoknight I'll use a well-known saying : "Jack of all trades, Master of none.".

They can do anything, but they can't do anything well. At least Falcoknights have always had a use in my playthroughs like taking out long range magic users.

2, As for your "respect", or anyone else's for that matter, I never have nor will I ever actually care about being in people's "good books". Due to the nature of my forums and their purpose, I'm already quite accustomed to being hated, which I actually find quite amusing.

Now I'm going to picture everything Ephidel says in Moe Howard's Hitler voice.

*Doesn't get joke*

I'd better YouTube that.

Oh, and sorry Zagaro, but I let a Pegasus Knight lance you through the face on Chapter 5. I just prefer Wolf, you see. :P

The Admin and Mods I've seen so far on these forums have been generally responsible and welcoming. Then again, I guess every forum has it's trolls.

So by proving themselves correct using factual evidence, they're trolls?

If anything, you're the one trolling. During a discussion, you break off and start saying that they're nerds who do nothing but sit at their computers.