FE3, Book 2 tier list

General Spoon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still compiling enemy stats and averages...

I can post what I've got so far. :/

Characters I've done:

Abel

Arran

Catria

Jeorge

Marth

Midia

Minerva

Ogma

Sheema

Shiida

Sirius

Yubello

Yumina

Chapters: everything up to chapter 20

(it would help if people requested things so I can have some will to get them done faster)

Edited by Nathan Graves

GFaqs one:

=Top Tier=

Sirius

Paola

Katua

Oguma

Navarre

Marth

=High Tier=

Linda

Feena

Chainy

Minerva

Wendel

Cecil

Kain

Roddy

Luke

Maric

Elren

=Mid Tier=

Yubello

Kashim

Marisa

Yumina

Julian

Sheeda

Abel

George

==Low Tier==

Astoria

Samson

Doga

Samuto

Gordon

Machis

Ryan

Medea

=Bottom Tier=

Alan

Ricardo

Chiki

Warren

Sheema

Banetou

Est

Roshe

GFaqs one:

=Top Tier=

Sirius

Paola

Katua

Oguma

Navarre

Marth

=High Tier=

Linda

Feena

Chainy

Minerva

Wendel

Cecil

Kain

Roddy

Luke

Maric

Elren

=Mid Tier=

Yubello

Kashim

Marisa

Yumina

Julian

Sheeda

Abel

George

==Low Tier==

Astoria

Samson

Doga

Samuto

Gordon

Machis

Ryan

Medea

=Bottom Tier=

Alan

Ricardo

Chiki

Warren

Sheema

Banetou

Est

Roshe

WTF Sirus in top tier. He has low luck and will get critted easily. But he should go below Navarre. I would put Chainey below Marissa. She starts out terrible and that she is quitre hard to level up, due to the fact that she has a low growth rate in growing Weapon Skill. Cecil should go below Kain. She has low HP growth, and that Kain starts at a higher level that her, and that he is alot more durable than her. I would put Chiki, Est, and Sheema in Middle Tier. Because they join quite late in the game, and that they get awesome with enough level gaining.

WTF Sirus in top tier. He has low luck and will get critted easily. But he should go below Navarre. I would put Chainey below Marissa. She starts out terrible and that she is quitre hard to level up, due to the fact that she has a low growth rate in growing Weapon Skill. Cecil should go below Kain. She has low HP growth, and that Kain starts at a higher level that her, and that he is alot more durable than her. I would put Chiki, Est, and Sheema in Middle Tier. Because they join quite late in the game, and that they get awesome with enough level gaining.

Sirius I can easily see up there, but above Paula? Yeah right.

Chainey copies Oguma. Doesn't need to level up to be good. Only problem is HP...

Chiki and Est don't need to be higher, they join let and rather meh. Her stats can't end up significantly better than the other flyers anyways, thanks to the 20 caps. If I recall, she grows up generally the same but less durable than all of them, save perhaps Sheeda. Sheema WOULD be good if she had a chance to smack around the soldiers in the chapter you recruit her on, but I suppose this is all meant getting through the chapter as fast as possible...I could see her higher, but not by much...

Chainey copies Oguma. Doesn't need to level up to be good. Only problem is HP...

Chiki and Est don't need to be higher, they join let and rather meh. Her stats can't end up significantly better than the other flyers anyways, thanks to the 20 caps. If I recall, she grows up generally the same but less durable than all of them, save perhaps Sheeda. Sheema WOULD be good if she had a chance to smack around the soldiers in the chapter you recruit her on, but I suppose this is all meant getting through the chapter as fast as possible...I could see her higher, but not by much...

But Chainey doersn't receive EXP while she shapeshifted into someone someone. Chiki will get double attacked for awhile upon her joining time. At that point in the game, she will only own with a Time Dragon Stone. But no enemiess will be attacking her in Chapter 15, as her defense would be actually higher than their attacks. Chiki will get Meh for awhile though.

But Chainey doersn't receive EXP while she shapeshifted into someone someone. Chiki will get double attacked for awhile upon her joining time. At that point in the game, she will only own with a Time Dragon Stone. But no enemiess will be attacking her in Chapter 15, as her defense would be actually higher than their attacks. Chiki will get Meh for awhile though.

Ask chainey if she cares while she's busy copying the killfaces of the army. She doesn't care about leveling to be awesome. Only her HP is her concern.

As for Chiki...we might as well set fire to a billion dollars while we're at it. We COULD spend a crap ton of gold to make her kinda usable (as a note, she will ALWAYS get doubled by anything with 3 speed thanks to always having 0 attack speed)...OR we could sell HER dragonstone and all the past dragonstones with it and basically never have no money ever. We could spend a crapload of money to make a bad unit into a meh one, or we could sell all the dragonstones and buy stat-boosters to make an awesome army even better.

Why is Minerva so high? I just want some clarification on her spot.

Flying, good starting stats, no promotion item needed, and gives support bonuses to the Peg sisters.

Sirius...Yeah, too high ATM, but I think he still probably belongs in God Tier. Aside from Luck, he joins early with awesome stats and has the growths to make them stay awesome the whole way through.

I'm looking through my numbers that I collected of the enemies. You won't get anymore than 5 for enemy crit rates, and that's a rather favorable estimate towards enemies. Of course, Astram's Heroes or Jeorge's Snipers can have at elast 10 early on, but you're not taking them head on are you? I can't conceive a reason why you would.

I'm looking through my numbers that I collected of the enemies. You won't get anymore than 5 for enemy crit rates, and that's a rather favorable estimate towards enemies. Of course, Astram's Heroes or Jeorge's Snipers can have at elast 10 early on, but you're not taking them head on are you? I can't conceive a reason why you would.

To get the Miracle Blade early? I mean, it's possible...In the Kahdain chapter, you fill up all the spots, having a strong bastard next to Astram's spot, he kills Astram, you get a holy weapon as early as Kahdain. Only time you can cover up their reinforcement spot. You get Parthia early as it is...But not only is that against what tiers are usually for, it's also crazy. Going against George earlier than when you can recruit him is insane too.

Nice to know that Sirius is safe for the most part, but I STILL think Paula is better.

To get the Miracle Blade early? I mean, it's possible...In the Kahdain chapter, you fill up all the spots, having a strong bastard next to Astram's spot, he kills Astram, you get a holy weapon as early as Kahdain. Only time you can cover up their reinforcement spot. You get Parthia early as it is...But not only is that against what tiers are usually for, it's also crazy. Going against George earlier than when you can recruit him is insane too.

Nice to know that Sirius is safe for the most part, but I STILL think Paula is better.

You're going to blow 20 uses of Mercurious and like 17 uses of Partia early on? You don't even have the star orb yet. It's best you do it when you're in the endgame; there are stuff like 45 HP/16 Def Heroes with like 16 AS and attack in the late 20s there.

Palla has a bow weakness. Bows are a lot more common than Knight Killers.

Why is Ellerean above Yubello, let alone an entire tier? As far as I'm aware Yubello floors him in offense and comes much earlier. You're going to have a Level 17 or 18 Yubello -- at LEAST -- by the time you get Ellerean. And Ellerean doesn't have a personal tome to compensate like Merric does, nor does he have Merric's stats.

Yubello L18, 26 HP / 9.5 Power / 6 Skl / 13 Spd / 16 Wpn / 12 Lck / 5 Def / 3.5 Res

vs

Ellerean L10, 22 HP / 5 Power / 6 Skl / 10 Spd / 6 Wpn / 12 Lck / 7 Def / 3 Res

2 defense lead wow, where he's losing by 4.5 attack and 3 spd. And I'm favoring Ellerean too; Yubello and Linde are pretty much the only mages until Chapter 10 as well.

Edited by Nathan Graves

You're going to blow 20 uses of Mercurious and like 17 uses of Partia early on? You don't even have the star orb yet. It's best you do it when you're in the endgame; there are stuff like 45 HP/16 Def Heroes with like 16 AS and attack in the late 20s there.

Palla has a bow weakness. Bows are a lot more common than Knight Killers.

Why is Ellerean above Yubello, let alone an entire tier? As far as I'm aware Yubello floors him in offense and comes much earlier. You're going to have a Level 17 or 18 Yubello -- at LEAST -- by the time you get Ellerean. And Ellerean doesn't have a personal tome to compensate like Merric does, nor does he have Merric's stats.

Yubello L18, 26 HP / 9.5 Power / 6 Skl / 13 Spd / 16 Wpn / 12 Lck / 5 Def / 3.5 Res

vs

Ellerean L10, 22 HP / 5 Power / 6 Skl / 10 Spd / 6 Wpn / 12 Lck / 7 Def / 3 Res

2 defense lead wow, where he's losing by 4.5 attack and 3 spd. And I'm favoring Ellerean too; Yubello and Linde are pretty much the only mages until Chapter 10 as well.

Funny part is, I was actually gonna bring up Elren being above Yubello...Elren doesn't exactly start with stellar stats and they don't fix themselves anytime soon. In fact, why is Elren out of low? All the mages in the game just stomp his ass into the ground. Wendal's just cool, Linda is pretty much the primary mage, Yubello's better by the time he shows up and Maric at least has the awesomeness that is Excalibur all to himself and superior growths with generally the same starting stats. Maric also supports Linda. Yubello has a support too. Elren has nobody. So not only is he mediocre compared to the other mages, he isn't helping anyone and no one is helping him. He has balls to think he could take on Maric...

As for Paula, I had completely forgotten about the bow weakness. Guess it makes sense...But does it really count? She's pretty much the only reason you have Julian and helps with all those pest dragon knights in the chapter she joins in. That is HUGE. On the other hand, Sirius could easily be replaced with like...Marth or Doga by rescue staff, or at least help aid so Sirius isn't exactly necessary. Yeah yeah, rescue staff use is like a sin, but you can spare one use here. What else are you gonna do with that one use, rescue Est? Boo hoo. Sirius does indeed have bad luck, but by the time something that can actually kill him shows up, EVERYONE'S in trouble from them anyways (the heroes and snipers), so I won't even attempt to bring that up or Knight Killer. I'd say they're about equal, but Paula can fly...Besides, you get the aiote shield so early to the point where Paula never actually gets hit with bow weakness. You get it a chapter AFTER archers pose an actual problem to fliers and Paula is not in that problematic chapter. She joins in the chapter WITH the aiote shield. I don't think she gives a damn about bows. Sure she has to share it with two others (Minerva, Katua), but only Katua would really care for it due to defense being an actual problem for her for a bit. It isn't like Paula is one shotted by bows anyways, she isn't Sheeda. Sure, it hurts like hell, but she can at least take a shot (granted you weren't insane enough to have her get shot in the face by a sniper with silver). Just my thoughts on why Sirius should be under Paula. OH! She's also helping you for longer.

I don't hate prepromotes. In fact, FE7 taught me they aren't so bad. FE6 tried to make me hate them, but FE7 is cool like that. Just I think Paula should be above Sirius.

As for the Parthia and Miracle Blade stuff...Why not use them? Faster early levels, easy killing...Just use them till there's little uses on them left, THEN wait for the star orb. At that point, you got a LOT more use out of them AND it helps your army. Granted you should be careful this way, but this is a careful game in the first place. However, Miracle Blade is a dream at best at Kahdain and just isn't happening earlier. Parthia however is fair game because George either gives it up when he dies or you recruit him, you get it early no matter what. By end game, you'll be using lots of dragonslayers and various other swords. Only the Parthia has to worry about lategame use this way due to how brittle it is and you don't keep the star orb forever...

Besides, playing normally, you should still have a good amount of Miracle Blade uses left. Not saying abuse them to near breaking point as soon as possible, just emergency weapons. Use them sparingly and only if needed.

As far as I'm aware Yubello floors him in offense and comes much earlier.

Because we all know how relevant mage offense is in FE3.

If his base offense is that much of a problem he can just train with Thoron. It's not like anybody else gives a damn.

Edited by MightyZagaro

Sadly, no.

Captain, We've been invaded by ShiningPikablu syndrome, horrid bias of prepromotes at ten o clock!

Uh....beam me up, scotty. I don't watch star trek [Can't stand Shatner] so I dunno if that's gonna help any, but hell, try it.

Because we all know how relevant mage offense is in FE3.

If his base offense is that much of a problem he can just train with Thoron. It's not like anybody else gives a damn.

Wow way to refute my point.

Yubello Fire L18, AS 13, Atk 14

Ellerean Thoron L10, AS 7, atk 17

Chapter 10
		  HP|Atk|Hit|AS|Avd|Crt|Def|Res|EXP|Equip
Mercenary (x4)18| 10|100| 8| 10|  8|  6|  0| 32|Iron Sword
Mage (x3)	 16|  6|100| 3|  3|  1|  2|  3| 32|Fire
Mage (x4)	 17|  7| 94| 2|  3|  7|  2|  4| 32|Thunder
Mage (x3)	 16| 10| 82| 0|  3|  1|  2|  3| 32|Elfire
Sister (x6)   16| --| --| 3|  3| --|  1|  5| 10|Heal
Mercenary	 19| 13|100| 9| 11| 29|  6|  0| 32|Killing Edge (Drop)
Bishop (x2)   26| 11| 60| 0|  5|  5|  4| 10| 40|Worm
Ellerean	  22| 17|100| 7| 16| 16|  7|  3| 62|Thoron, Aries (Drop)

They're both one rounding everything in this chapter with their base weapons. Except the Mercenaries, which Yubello doubles with Fire and Ellerean doesn't one round.

Chapter 11
Hunter (x6)   20| 15| 98| 0|  6|  4|  4|  0| 32|Steel Bow
Barbarian (x8)34| 21| 70| 0|  5|  6| 10|  0| 40|Steel Axe
Berserker	 41| 26|100| 9| 14| 42| 14|  0| 50|Master Sword (Drop)
FlyingDr (x4) 40| 16| 80| 0|  0|  0| 10|  5| 50|Fire Breath
Flying Dragon 40| 16| 80| 0|  0|  0| 10|  5| 50|Fire Breath, Manual (Drop)

They double everything but the Berserker.

Yubello L19, Shaver, 15 Atk/25 effective, AS 13, dmg 20 x2

Ellearn L11, Shaver, 10 Atk/20 effective, AS 10, dmg 15 x2

If they both have Thoron (17 Atk Ellerean vs 22) then yeah they're doubling the Berserker and they're definitely killing the Hunter (one shot vs one round, though). It's both their only ways of one rounding this guy.

Shaver is a more effective way to attack the Flying Dragons. Yubello one rounds them both, Ellerean does not. Yubello is still winning offense.

Chapter 12
FireDragon(x8)48| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 12|  5| 50|Fire Breath
Fire Dragon   48| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 12|  5| 50|Fire Breath, Orion's Bolt (Drop)
Barbarian (x4)34| 30| 70| 0|  5|  0| 10|  0| 40|Devil Axe
FlyingDr (x3) 40| 16| 80| 0|  0|  0| 10|  5| 50|Fire Breath

Reinforcements
Barbarian	 34| 30| 70| 0|  5|  0| 10|  0| 40|Devil Axe
Fire Dragon   48| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 12|  5| 50|Fire Breath

- Thoron kills Barbarians, on both sides. At this point Fire Yubello doesn't even need it.

Flying Dragons STILL have the same stats, so Ellerean is still not one rounding. His 10% power growth (three levels on that leaves him with still 5 Power on average) vs a promoted Yubello. Who, for the record, now has hit 15 Spd and 12 Power.

Fire Dragons:

Yubello L1 Blizzard, 18 Atk/30 Effective, 12 AS (irrelevant); dmg 25 x2

Ellerean L13 Blizzard, 11 Atk/23 Effective, 12 AS; dmg 18 x2

As you can see, Yubello one rounds and Ellerean does not. The Shaver calcs from the prior chapter also apply, so he beats all the dragons here.

Chapter 13
FlyingDr (x2) 40| 16| 80| 0|  0|  0| 10|  5| 50|Fire Breath
Ice Dragon(x6)30| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 15| 10| 50|Ice Breath
Ice Dragon	30| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 15| 10| 50|Ice Breath, Hero Crest (Drop)
Barbarian(x10)35| 26| 92| 0|  5|  1| 11|  0| 40|Silver Axe
Thief (x2)	21| 23| 90| 2| 12|  5|  4|  0| 40|Devil Sword

Reinforcements
Ice Dragon	30| 20| 80| 0|  0|  0| 15| 10| 50|Ice Breath

I shouldn't even go on, considering Yubello's advantages over him are amazing now. And even his advantages over Merric; they include superior overall stats, superior offense, and Staff utility. Where he can start generating his own EXP.

Anyways, Flying Dragons are recycled (STILL no one rounding from Ellerean even in the 41% chance he has of growing at least 1 power by L15). A L3 Yubello has like 12 power too, with still 15 AS. Ellerean requires Elfire to defeat the Ice Dragons, Yubello requires only Fire to one round them. And Flying Dragons are still the exact same, so the exact same calculations apply.

And, as an added bonus because I like you so much, the +1 HP the Barbarians have doesn't allow Ellerean to one round anymore even with Thoron. Yubello needs Thunder to one round, which is a plus for him.

Mage offense is relevant? Clearly, Yubello is winning for the next four chapters. I can't be bothered to do after that; 5 base with 10% growth doesn't change things very much at all. Maybe in the next chapter where he has 53% chance of getting at least one stat-up (so I'll assume 6 Power) does he one round just as often, but Yubello now has staff utility and one rounds the chapters prior.

Note I didn't even bring up the fact that Yubello's been around much longer.

Similar argument applies to Merric. Merric's main difference is Excalibur (one rounding Flying Dragons) and a greater% chance of obtaining Power.

She's pretty much the only reason you have Julian and helps with all those pest dragon knights in the chapter she joins in. That is HUGE. On the other hand, Sirius could easily be replaced with like...Marth or Doga by rescue staff, or at least help aid so Sirius isn't exactly necessary.
Point for Paola. Except... Rescue staff has five uses. "Easily replaced" is stupid because Draug's defense is the same as Sirius' On top of less HP. Less AS. No ability to gain more AS (Sirius can dismount -- he doesn't need it, though). Paola can fly, but she has a bunch of Hunters to deal with.

Sirius is easily the best candidate.

Yeah yeah, rescue staff use is like a sin, but you can spare one use here. What else are you gonna do with that one use, rescue Est?
Sparing a use to handle enemies that the three units you have up there can handle well? Well, you wouldn't want to bring Draug first off; I'd rather bring Marth to recruit Castor so we can actually increase our offense a lot more than with Draug (that's what I did). In no way does this replace Sirius; it makes his job easier.
I'd say they're about equal, but Paula can fly...Besides, you get the aiote shield so early to the point where Paula never actually gets hit with bow weakness.
Why Palla over Catria for the Iote Shield?
I don't think she gives a damn about bows. Sure she has to share it with two others (Minerva, Katua), but only Katua would really care for it due to defense being an actual problem for her for a bit.
Yeah, she has another sister to worry about.
It isn't like Paula is one shotted by bows anyways, she isn't Sheeda. Sure, it hurts like hell, but she can at least take a shot (granted you weren't insane enough to have her get shot in the face by a sniper with silver). Just my thoughts on why Sirius should be under Paula. OH! She's also helping you for longer.
She's helping you for... one more chapter. And Sirius' leads in the chapter afterwards are better than Palla's offense in the chapters beforehand.

Taking one hit from a bow user leaves her to fatal HP. In fact, in Chapter 4 about two hunter attacks and a bandit attack are going to kill her assuming she got like four level-ups in the chapter prior.

God why do you make such long posts?

Point for Paola. Except... Rescue staff has five uses. "Easily replaced" is stupid because Draug's defense is the same as Sirius' On top of less HP. Less AS. No ability to gain more AS (Sirius can dismount -- he doesn't need it, though). Paola can fly, but she has a bunch of Hunters to deal with.

Sirius is easily the best candidate.

Sparing a use to handle enemies that the three units you have up there can handle well? Well, you wouldn't want to bring Draug first off; I'd rather bring Marth to recruit Castor so we can actually increase our offense a lot more than with Draug (that's what I did). In no way does this replace Sirius; it makes his job easier.

Why Palla over Catria for the Iote Shield?

Yeah, she has another sister to worry about.

She's helping you for... one more chapter. And Sirius' leads in the chapter afterwards are better than Palla's offense in the chapters beforehand.

Taking one hit from a bow user leaves her to fatal HP. In fact, in Chapter 4 about two hunter attacks and a bandit attack are going to kill her assuming she got like four level-ups in the chapter prior.

God why do you make such long posts?

-Wanna know what's great about the rescue staff? Can be used to rescue someone from the main team to help them out. Draug does indeed come with less attack speed and less HP, but he's another person to help. Obviously we'd want Marth though. Recruits Castor, is a badass in combat AND brings him that much closer to the castle (or viking base or whatever the hell it's supposed to be.). But another point is whoever is rescued can carry luxuries like a live staff or a vulnerary! These alone will make the whole defending Yumina and Yubello thing a trivial endeavor. Suddenly, Sirius goes from necessary to just an extra. He isn't helping THAT much at this point, he's just killing like Oguma and Marth. Of course, could have been Draug with his slow attack speed to help Yubello get kills, but that would be babying...Either way, using a rescue staff here is an obvious thing to do, so my point still stands. Sirius isn't Yubello, Yumina and Oguma's lifeline, Yumina is.

- Why can't Katua and Paula share? I never thought Katua was so greedy and selfish...They're two fliers, they can do two different jobs. One flies into arrowy danger with the shield, the other helps by taking out other bastards elsewhere.

- Sure it's only one more chapter, but that chapter has a shitload of dragon knights that she can help kill. Not like she ISN'T around fortresses and doesn't have vulneraries. She can wait for the thief to the last minute before smoking him before he ransack's Julian's house (speaking of which, how does a superthief let a basic thief ransack their hiding place?). She doesn't have a hard time with the cavaliers or the dragon knights due to pretty nice crit and having a damned silver lance. She isn't gonna be at her bases obviously by next chapter. By the time the lance gets close to breaking, she can fly to the main force, since the dragon barricade should be dealt with by then. Makes a chapter filled with dragon knights that much easier, is pretty much the only reason Julian is recruitable, is amazing from that point forward...Only thing I can TRULY thank Sirius for that could not be done without him is making sure the thieves in the next chapter don't destroy the house with the Hammerne staff...A staff which lets you use Parthia often early until the star orb...So he helps...an archer of your choice...YAY!

His leads don't really matter, since they're both killing, doubling and having a hard time getting killed and using silver lances. Difference? Paula flies AND helps significantly for a chapter longer (a chapter that would be balls without her). A rescue staff use makes Sirius's main contribution to the team into a trivial chore of his. It was hard with just him and Ogma with Yubello's minor help, isn't that difficult when Marth suddenly shows up and recruits an awesome dude with a freaking killer bow. All Sirius REALLY does that he can claim no one else can do is making sure the thieves don't destroy the house with Hammerne in it.

Just another thing to point out, while Marth and gang are dealing with defending Yubello and Yumina, Paula (witht he help of Katua of course) can fly over to the castle, deal with the pirates, and then Marth can just stroll to the castle. Sirius makes the chapter easier, Yumina and the pegasi make it faster. Sirius isn't doing everything here. From there, he helps keep the hammerne staff safe, then he's just another guy who is a killface much earlier than everyone else on the team for a good while, just like Paula. He has better move, she can fly. She also gets support bonuses from Minerva.

I apologize for the long-ass posts, I'm obsessive to detail, it's like OCD. I try to make it brief, but I can't help but feel I need to go in-depth to better explain my point. See? This part was meant to stop at OCD and I'm still blabbing to make the point clear.

I apologize for the long-ass posts, I'm obsessive to detail, it's like OCD. I try to make it brief, but I can't help but feel I need to go in-depth to better explain my point. See? This part was meant to stop at OCD and I'm still blabbing to make the point clear.
It's not that, you're countering one point at a time but you're not making individual quotes for it.

Anyways, I'll counter later.