FE3, Book 2 tier list

General Spoon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still favoring Sheema.

But you can't kill any enemies until you recruit her, yes? I agree that her stats suck, but, if she only came with a slightly better join time, I have no doubt she could have been better. Maybe if there's a Book 2 remake they'll fix this. >_>

I mean, there's no ranks, so turncount really doesn't matter.
Actually, when compiling tiers we're assuming that the playstyle involved is incredibly efficient (not necessarily ranking, since ranking in some games forces you to do things that aren't actually efficient).
But you can't kill any enemies until you recruit her, yes?
You can likely save lots of time giving the EXP to your other units, who are already scattered around the map able to reach the EXP bait easily while Marth recruits Sheema and Samson.

Even playing normally, you don't want Sheema to have EXP. She just isn't a good unit. Oh, sure she has awesome growths, but she has very little opportunity to really use them, especially with her join time, terrible base stats, and having very little levels to grow with.

Edited by Chainey

Hell, killing the bastards and not recruiting Sheema at all is probably the most efficient thing to do.

It'll make Marth an asshole, but hey, did that stop us from killing Captain Gordin in the prologue?

Not to mention killing Samson's no big loss either. In fact, I'd no problem offing Astram for the Miracle Sword early in the desert. Even with having Marth go straight to Minerva's hiding place and then going straight to the castle, Astram will get close enough to get picked off by whatever means necessary.

Brought it up in the FEP boards and was asked what was the point. Well...A. Means you get the legend weapons early enough for the exp, and B. What the hell else are you gonna use the hammerne staff for? You get them all early, why not? 5 is plenty uses. Use it till you break it, be careful with using the legendary weapons then until the star and light orbs, then abuse the hell out of them as normal. The staff has 5 uses, one can go to Aura or Reziah. That gives 2 uses for both. I forget how many uses the sword has, but I think Partia has either 19 or 21 uses. Repair twice, under optimal conditions (getting it down to 1 before repairing), that's 55-61 uses.

But until then, it basically means either George or Gordon should skyrocket. One shotting flying dragons and getting a free level up? Yes please! It's more important for the bow users due to...well...there not exactly being competition for it. Miracle Blade has a CRAPLOAD of people who can use it. Not to mention flying dragons are just incredibly fucking annoying.

If there's a good reason not to, I'd like to hear it.

But until then, it basically means either George or Gordon should skyrocket. One shotting flying dragons and getting a free level up?

did Kashim suddenly die in a fire?

Because, you know, he's much better than CAPTAIN GORDIN, PRIVATE RYAN, and GEORGE CARLIN?

Really, CASTOR OIL's jointime shouldn't hold him back that much. He doesn't join that much later than CAPTAIN GORDIN and PRIVATE RYAN, and also comes quite a bit before GEORGE CARLIN. I mean, his jointime wasn't enough of an issue to warrant moving WARREN BEATTY above him, why should it make CASTOR OIL lose out to CAPTAIN GORDIN of all things?!

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Repair twice, under optimal conditions (getting it down to 1 before repairing), that's 55-61 uses.
This isn't the other FE games. Weapons don't disappear from your inventory when broken.

I'm pretty sure tomes disappear. By the time you get weapons you actually want to repair, you'll have the Star Orb to conserve uses, and by the time you no longer have the Star Orb, the rest of the game is short enough to not have to worry about uses anymore.

Linda likely won't need Aura anymore after awhile. She actually gets good join time in Book 2, and promoted healers can use Resire.

Edited by Chainey

I don't think that applies to an early Partia or early Miracle Sword.

Does that actually work, though? I never tried it. I guess you'd need to memorize what's what in your broken inventory.
It did in FE5, and even if that was later I don't see why not here. Edited by Nathan Graves

Meh, Excalibur/Aura become overkill past a point, but I guess it's a valid argument for wanting to conserve Resire's uses.

EDT: The transgendered morpher beat me too it, but I forgot Resire wasn't Linde only.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Isn't Astoria surrounded by a bunch of Heroes as well?

Resire really is a good use for Hammere though. It's about the one spell that's going to do something that Fire/Blizza/Shaver isn't.

Edited by Chainey

Isn't Astoria surrounded by a bunch of Heroes as well?

Resire really is a good use for Hammere though. It's about the one spell that's going to do something that Fire/Blizza/Shaver isn't.

Astoria's not surrounded by a bunch of Heroes in the desert, which is what, the third chapter in a row where he appears? And in the one before that, you're rushing pelmel to get end the chapter before Hardin gets to you. And in the one before that, you've got other things to do, kinda.

Yes, I know Astoria spawns with a bunch of heros by him in the desert chapter. However, the idiot crossed the river along with one of his snipers. Everyone else took the bridge, pretty much isolating him.

You get like two in the game though don't you? Edited by Nathan Graves

yes he is

In fact, if Astoria shows up at all on that chapter, chances are you're shit out of luck.

If you kept reading, you'd have noticed that I said he goes across the river with only a sniper to keep him company. Perfect target to kill right before you seize the castle, wouldn't you say? And by river, I mean he walks through the river. Not over the damn bridge like the rest of his guys, over the river.

At least, he did for me.

Edited by Marty

Forgot weapons don't dissapear after breaking (sans tomes and staves). Either way, that just gives you more uses. Thanks NG.

Forgot about Castor, but does he even have the weapon level to use it for a while? Gordin might, George automatically can use it. Again, I wanna stress it one shots flying dragons and in exchange gives youa free level up. Those things are annoying. Partia+Excalibur+Everyone else on your team = flying dragons never being a problem.

As for Astram...Desert chapter. I've just done this. Marth went for Minerva. Walked Marth from there to the castle. With how fast your army is moving, they should be at the castle by now. Astram takes a while to reach you. Optimally, you have a turn to take him out. Not like you DON'T have people who can just pick him off. Aura, Partia, other ranged methods, people to go in for the finishing blow. You can literally kill Astram, then have Marth take the throne right after. Throw in Feena, and he's assured to die. Great thing about this chapter is splitting up. Some guys go left, others go north. Astram's force will split up then. He won't exactly be well defended.

Astram is hilariously easy to kill.

Only way I will possibly be convinced otherwise is if someone argues getting Astram is better than getting the miracle blade early and the experience he gives when you kill him. Nevermind the fact he's completely redundant when he shows up.

It's best to kill him in the desert because in the first chapter he appears, there's a crapload of stuff happening and he has TONS of backup that your guys are not prepared to deal with. Bridge chapter's a no no due to limited attack room and again, his major amount of backup. Killing him there would take a bit of luck. Desert chapter, he easily isolates himself at a point where Marth is safely able to take the castle if things go wrong. If you can get it earlier, then congrats. But it's easiest in the desert.

GFaqs one:

=High Tier=

Linda

Feena

Chainy

Minerva

Wendel

Cecil

Kain

Roddy

Luke

Maric

Elren

=Mid Tier=

Yubello

Kashim

Marisa

Yumina

Julian

Sheeda

Abel

George

==Low Tier==

Astoria

Samson

Doga

Samuto

Gordon

Machis

Ryan

Medea

Why is Ryan in low tier. He joins at the start of the game, and has good growths to keep him sharp throughout the game. What the heck, he is like the best bow unit in the game. Kashim has a high chance at getting critted, and that Gordon growths are too low to make him any good without levelling him with the Star Orb. As for Warren, I won't mention him. He's probably the crappiest unit in the game next to Alan.

Flying, good starting stats, no promotion item needed, and gives support bonuses to the Peg sisters.

Sirius...Yeah, too high ATM, but I think he still probably belongs in God Tier. Aside from Luck, he joins early with awesome stats and has the growths to make them stay awesome the whole way through.

She will need an Angel Clothes to get her enough Hp though.

To get the Miracle Blade early? I mean, it's possible...In the Kahdain chapter, you fill up all the spots, having a strong bastard next to Astram's spot, he kills Astram, you get a holy weapon as early as Kahdain. Only time you can cover up their reinforcement spot. You get Parthia early as it is...But not only is that against what tiers are usually for, it's also crazy. Going against George earlier than when you can recruit him is insane too.

Nice to know that Sirius is safe for the most part, but I STILL think Paula is better.

Yes, killing Astoria won't make any impact on getting the 12 orb fragments

Sealed Shield

Funny part is, I was actually gonna bring up Elren being above Yubello...Elren doesn't exactly start with stellar stats and they don't fix themselves anytime soon. In fact, why is Elren out of low? All the mages in the game just stomp his ass into the ground. Wendal's just cool, Linda is pretty much the primary mage, Yubello's better by the time he shows up and Maric at least has the awesomeness that is Excalibur all to himself and superior growths with generally the same starting stats. Maric also supports Linda. Yubello has a support too. Elren has nobody. So not only is he mediocre compared to the other mages, he isn't helping anyone and no one is helping him. He has balls to think he could take on Maric...

As for Paula, I had completely forgotten about the bow weakness. Guess it makes sense...But does it really count? She's pretty much the only reason you have Julian and helps with all those pest dragon knights in the chapter she joins in. That is HUGE. On the other hand, Sirius could easily be replaced with like...Marth or Doga by rescue staff, or at least help aid so Sirius isn't exactly necessary. Yeah yeah, rescue staff use is like a sin, but you can spare one use here. What else are you gonna do with that one use, rescue Est? Boo hoo. Sirius does indeed have bad luck, but by the time something that can actually kill him shows up, EVERYONE'S in trouble from them anyways (the heroes and snipers), so I won't even attempt to bring that up or Knight Killer. I'd say they're about equal, but Paula can fly...Besides, you get the aiote shield so early to the point where Paula never actually gets hit with bow weakness. You get it a chapter AFTER archers pose an actual problem to fliers and Paula is not in that problematic chapter. She joins in the chapter WITH the aiote shield. I don't think she gives a damn about bows. Sure she has to share it with two others (Minerva, Katua), but only Katua would really care for it due to defense being an actual problem for her for a bit. It isn't like Paula is one shotted by bows anyways, she isn't Sheeda. Sure, it hurts like hell, but she can at least take a shot (granted you weren't insane enough to have her get shot in the face by a sniper with silver). Just my thoughts on why Sirius should be under Paula. OH! She's also helping you for longer.

I don't hate prepromotes. In fact, FE7 taught me they aren't so bad. FE6 tried to make me hate them, but FE7 is cool like that. Just I think Paula should be above Sirius.

As for the Parthia and Miracle Blade stuff...Why not use them? Faster early levels, easy killing...Just use them till there's little uses on them left, THEN wait for the star orb. At that point, you got a LOT more use out of them AND it helps your army. Granted you should be careful this way, but this is a careful game in the first place. However, Miracle Blade is a dream at best at Kahdain and just isn't happening earlier. Parthia however is fair game because George either gives it up when he dies or you recruit him, you get it early no matter what. By end game, you'll be using lots of dragonslayers and various other swords. Only the Parthia has to worry about lategame use this way due to how brittle it is and you don't keep the star orb forever...

Besides, playing normally, you should still have a good amount of Miracle Blade uses left. Not saying abuse them to near breaking point as soon as possible, just emergency weapons. Use them sparingly and only if needed.

Yeah, until Wendel tells him what he doesn't get, which is that his heart wasn't pure and that he was going to lose all sense of himself and become like Garnef. That is why that Maric has been given the Excalibur tome instead of Ellren. Even though that Maric didn't care anything about suceeding the Khadain throne. He was going to leave back to his home Ariteia after his studies to protect Ellis.

Why is Ellren above Yubello? What the heck, Yubello grows alot more skill and that he joins alot earlier than him. I would put him above Ellren and below Maric. Maric goes ahead of Yubello, because he gets a better tome and that he doesn't really join late.

Because we all know how relevant mage offense is in FE3.

If his base offense is that much of a problem he can just train with Thoron. It's not like anybody else gives a damn.

Better use Repair Staff uses then. Because you won't get another one of these tomes until Chapter 19, and that you will get another Repair Staff in the Final Chapter.

-Wanna know what's great about the rescue staff? Can be used to rescue someone from the main team to help them out. Draug does indeed come with less attack speed and less HP, but he's another person to help. Obviously we'd want Marth though. Recruits Castor, is a badass in combat AND brings him that much closer to the castle (or viking base or whatever the hell it's supposed to be.). But another point is whoever is rescued can carry luxuries like a live staff or a vulnerary! These alone will make the whole defending Yumina and Yubello thing a trivial endeavor. Suddenly, Sirius goes from necessary to just an extra. He isn't helping THAT much at this point, he's just killing like Oguma and Marth. Of course, could have been Draug with his slow attack speed to help Yubello get kills, but that would be babying...Either way, using a rescue staff here is an obvious thing to do, so my point still stands. Sirius isn't Yubello, Yumina and Oguma's lifeline, Yumina is.

- Why can't Katua and Paula share? I never thought Katua was so greedy and selfish...They're two fliers, they can do two different jobs. One flies into arrowy danger with the shield, the other helps by taking out other bastards elsewhere.

- Sure it's only one more chapter, but that chapter has a shitload of dragon knights that she can help kill. Not like she ISN'T around fortresses and doesn't have vulneraries. She can wait for the thief to the last minute before smoking him before he ransack's Julian's house (speaking of which, how does a superthief let a basic thief ransack their hiding place?). She doesn't have a hard time with the cavaliers or the dragon knights due to pretty nice crit and having a damned silver lance. She isn't gonna be at her bases obviously by next chapter. By the time the lance gets close to breaking, she can fly to the main force, since the dragon barricade should be dealt with by then. Makes a chapter filled with dragon knights that much easier, is pretty much the only reason Julian is recruitable, is amazing from that point forward...Only thing I can TRULY thank Sirius for that could not be done without him is making sure the thieves in the next chapter don't destroy the house with the Hammerne staff...A staff which lets you use Parthia often early until the star orb...So he helps...an archer of your choice...YAY!

His leads don't really matter, since they're both killing, doubling and having a hard time getting killed and using silver lances. Difference? Paula flies AND helps significantly for a chapter longer (a chapter that would be balls without her). A rescue staff use makes Sirius's main contribution to the team into a trivial chore of his. It was hard with just him and Ogma with Yubello's minor help, isn't that difficult when Marth suddenly shows up and recruits an awesome dude with a freaking killer bow. All Sirius REALLY does that he can claim no one else can do is making sure the thieves don't destroy the house with Hammerne in it.

Just another thing to point out, while Marth and gang are dealing with defending Yubello and Yumina, Paula (witht he help of Katua of course) can fly over to the castle, deal with the pirates, and then Marth can just stroll to the castle. Sirius makes the chapter easier, Yumina and the pegasi make it faster. Sirius isn't doing everything here. From there, he helps keep the hammerne staff safe, then he's just another guy who is a killface much earlier than everyone else on the team for a good while, just like Paula. He has better move, she can fly. She also gets support bonuses from Minerva.

I apologize for the long-ass posts, I'm obsessive to detail, it's like OCD. I try to make it brief, but I can't help but feel I need to go in-depth to better explain my point. See? This part was meant to stop at OCD and I'm still blabbing to make the point clear.

For one. You don't really have to worry aboutr the Hammerine Staff, because it's very likely that the computer AI won't control the Thieves to the village. As for the Rescue Staff, don't use it. You will need it to save (probably Feena), but it is possible to save her without it. And that you will need it to save Est and Medeia.

But you can't kill any enemies until you recruit her, yes? I agree that her stats suck, but, if she only came with a slightly better join time, I have no doubt she could have been better. Maybe if there's a Book 2 remake they'll fix this. >_>
Actually, when compiling tiers we're assuming that the playstyle involved is incredibly efficient (not necessarily ranking, since ranking in some games forces you to do things that aren't actually efficient).

You can likely save lots of time giving the EXP to your other units, who are already scattered around the map able to reach the EXP bait easily while Marth recruits Sheema and Samson.

Even playing normally, you don't want Sheema to have EXP. She just isn't a good unit. Oh, sure she has awesome growths, but she has very little opportunity to really use them, especially with her join time, terrible base stats, and having very little levels to grow with.

Yeah, and that there is no way that you can level her up without having her smack around her soldiers, or by using the arena in Chapter 19. She also is better than Doga (Draug).

Brought it up in the FEP boards and was asked what was the point. Well...A. Means you get the legend weapons early enough for the exp, and B. What the hell else are you gonna use the hammerne staff for? You get them all early, why not? 5 is plenty uses. Use it till you break it, be careful with using the legendary weapons then until the star and light orbs, then abuse the hell out of them as normal. The staff has 5 uses, one can go to Aura or Reziah. That gives 2 uses for both. I forget how many uses the sword has, but I think Partia has either 19 or 21 uses. Repair twice, under optimal conditions (getting it down to 1 before repairing), that's 55-61 uses.

Yes, I was at first planning to save at least one use of the Staff, so that when I get the other Hammerine Staff in the Final Chapter, I can use it to repair the other one to have infinite uses of it. However, this doesn't work in this game, as you actually cannot repair staves like you could in FE8.

This isn't the other FE games. Weapons don't disappear from your inventory when broken.

With the exception of tomes and staves of course.

You get like two in the game though don't you?

Yes.

Chapter 5 Town

Final Chapter (Part II) Treasure Chest

Edited by Laylea