-X-'s Work

-X-

Interested in getting better at spriting, I figure I'll post some of my work here for comments or criticism.

I mostly do mugs, and most of my mugs are of women as for some strange reason I find myself unable to do guys (go figure.)

I've been spriting for a while now, and as some of my early work would possibly burn the eyes, I'll save you the torment of looking at it

You can guess the bases if you wish, but for the first two, I really can't remember, it's been a while.

mug01.png

The hair took a while to get right, it may still not be right.

mug003-2.png

This is probably my favorite.

mug03.png

My latest, there are random pixels of purple on the armor that I ask you ignore for now, this is still a work in progress, but let me know if you see any obvious problems I missed.

I really suck at making clothing/picking out clothes, so I haven't done much work in that area to be honest.

Comments/Criticism definately welcome = D, thanks for any feedback

Edited by -X-

They all have some extent (however small in some cases) of custom work, but no, not from the ground up. I just like to make rather clever (IMO) splices as to make the bases extremely difficult to identify.

Also on another note, On the last mug, I am well aware of the lack of border in some places...I just haven't figured out how to make it look good with the outline yet : P

At this level, you might like to try making a full-custom mug. Even if it doesn't turn out well, you can always simply try making another one until it looks better.

Well Lachesis, I will admit I have been tampering with a full custom in the recent week or so....and I really have to give the people who do such things credit, maybe I'm just making it harder than it has to be...but I find that I'm not quite skilled in that area :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Haven't made anything posted in a long time, but for some random reason or another I decided I wanted to learn how to map...

map2-2scrn.jpg?t=

This is my first (technically second but the first one burned my eyes) time actually making a legitimate map with Mappy,

I am very inexperienced with mapping so I welcome any constructive criticism :)

Not too shabby of a map, the design seems pretty good. However, you've got these huge expanses of nothing but standard grass tiles. Try adding some light grass or roads to make it "pop". Oh, and the water seems spammed. There should be like 5-6 water tiles you can use in the tileset to make it flow a little better.

Oh, and you've got a funny tile next to the southern most bridge. Looks like a light grass tile but it needs more grass tiles connected to it to work properly.

Thanks for your reply prime =)

I added in some light grass, and I thought for the most part I kept the water tiles separated but I guess they all look so similar that I couldn't tell. But I did attempt to add some variation, and I removed that one stray tile near the bridge..not sure how I managed that

MAP2-3scrn-1.jpg?t=

Edit: Updated picture, I saw one straight line of the same water tile I edited out

Edited by -X-