• She's good
    • She's OK
    • She's bad
    • She's horrible

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky. There's several units who will end up with better avoid at the same level. Rutger, Clarine, Lugh, Shin to name a few. Her avoid does grow decently cause of her luck but it doesn't change the fact that she needs babying and can be a bitch to train.

At level 20/20 (since you've said that you arena abuse)?

She's still not a good dodging unit. :/

She soloed chapter 21.

Well not really solo but she went up to Murdock and killed him and anything in her path.

Edited by luigi bros

I disagree. Lilina is bad wherever you go because she rarely doubles and her durability is always disgusting. Lugh can at least double and occasionally dodge.

I guess. But I use characters because I like them and from my experiences with them. She OHKOs most enemies anyway with her godly magic. Its not like you put mages on the front line. They are meant to support from behind like archers and healers.

Personal experience means NOTHING.

But that's the only thing I base my opinions on. In Fire Emblem, you could use any character you want. She may be the worst mage in the game, but she's still likable and this thread is based on your opinion. :]

I'm not denying that.

Characters AREN'T SUPPOSED to be 20/20 at that point. That's why she was able to be good.

Oh.

That's near the end of the game. She wasn't the only one at 20/20 that wasn't arena abused.

But that's the only thing I base my opinions on. In Fire Emblem, you could use any character you want. She may be the worst mage in the game, but she's still likable and this thread is based on your opinion. :]

If that's the case, we'll need a new word for "worse than horrible" since it's easy to bash her character due to how generic she is and I've ended up with SPD screwed Lilina >_>

If that's the case, we'll need a new word for "worse than horrible" since it's easy to bash her character due to how generic she is and I've ended up with SPD screwed Lilina >_>

You could hate her if you want. We all have our own opinions.

Outclassing? She still can't double anything but Generals. Hugh CAN double.

Hugh has 12 speed at chapter 16. He's not doubling anything except for worthless armors, and will be doubled my Mercenaries and Narshen.

Lilina is bad for sure but Hugh's hardly better. If he is, it's not by much. He can be promoted by the end of Ch. 16 since his 15/1 stats are a bit better than horrible, and he'll probably want it since those five levels with his base stats in the mean time will be painful. His AS will still suck though.

It may be just me but Lillina always has one of the best avoid rates on my team.

You supported her with Roy, didn't you? =]

At level 20/20 (since you've said that you arena abuse)?

She's still not a good dodging unit. :/

You don't need to use her in the arena. Heck she can possibly promote by the end of Chapter 12 upon her joining time. She can receive alot of EXP from her enemies by babying her until class change. Once that she class changes, she will become the best healer in the game. If you think that she sucks so much. Have her use staves and not fight. She still will gain EXP from that anyway, and that you will get more than enough time to build her Rod level high enough to get her to use most, if not all staves later in the game. Useful for that.

Outclassing? She still can't double anything but Generals. Hugh CAN double.

Sure she can't double as well as Lugh can, but she grows alot more power to make up for it, Lugh cannot damage anything throughout most, if not all of the game. 8 Damage to Generals later on with Fire is epic phail for him.

I think she is good, use some Speedwings and Skill Books. But i rather stick with Lugh.

Yes. The free Speedwings are to be given to her more than anyone else. Though she won't need any Speedwings with her amount of supporting options that she has. The Speedwings just makes her even better. =] Her skill is good enough that she don't need skill books.

You don't need to use her in the arena. Heck she can possibly promote by the end of Chapter 12 upon her joining time. She can receive alot of EXP from her enemies by babying her until class change.

Whether it’s arena abuse or babying, Lilina has to do this whereas Lugh does not, which is a rather major advantage for Lugh.

Once that she class changes, she will become the best healer in the game.

That’s impossible. For Lilina to be the best healer in the game, she’d need to have an A rank upon promotion. Once that happens then yes, Lilina could possibly heal more than people like Saul and Ellen (note that they probably have a rather sizeable level lead, though). But how much value would that even entail? Maybe 2-3 warp spaces and the ability to heal severe wounds slightly better… not nearly a good enough pay-off for the amount of work put into making Lilina promote reasonably early.

If you think that she sucks so much. Have her use staves and not fight. She still will gain EXP from that anyway, and that you will get more than enough time to build her Rod level high enough to get her to use most, if not all staves later in the game. Useful for that.

How is Lugh not able to do this? Also, most of your other mages don’t have trouble both attacking and healing. The fact that you’re insisting that Lilina heals full time suggests her durability really is quite bad even with all the favoritism you’re giving her.

Sure she can't double as well as Lugh can, but she grows alot more power to make up for it

This is going by the assumption that Lilina can somehow do more damage in one hit than Lugh can do in two in most situations.

20/3 Lilina: 29 hp, 23 mag, 12 skl, 14 spd, 5 def, 16 res, 15 cev

20/3 Lugh: 31 hp, 16 mag, 18 skl, 18 spd, 8 def, 13 res, 12 cev

Assuming the most common situation is Lugh doubling and Lilina isn’t, then enemies need to have more than 20 resistance for Lilina to win damage output, which definitely isn’t true for most, if not all, melee enemies. Of course, Lilina wins offence when both or neither double, so feel free to show that such a situation occurs often based on enemy stats.

Lugh cannot damage anything throughout most, if not all of the game. 8 Damage to Generals later on with Fire is epic phail for him.

I’m not sure how you’re judging Lugh’s lategame performance on generals (most likely PEMN), but if damage is the issue, just have him use a stronger tome. There is, however, no compensation for poor AS other than body rings and speedwings.

Yes. The free Speedwings are to be given to her more than anyone else.

That and babying already has her resource consumption well above the average unit. She’d have to blow Lugh out of the water at comparable levels to have any shot at winning such a comparison, and clearly she doesn’t. Or, you could give the similar things to Lugh so that their resource consumption is similar, at which point Lugh is obviously still ahead.

Though she won't need any Speedwings with her amount of supporting options that she has.

Since when do supports give AS? Lilina doesn’t somehow get so much mag that she can 1HKO most targets on the map. Oh, and her support options are pretty cruddy. Roy will take Alan and Lance before her, so she might only get a C out of him. This leaves her the likes of Bors, Barth, Oujay, Gonzales, Marcus, Wendy, Garret, Astohl and Cecilia. Nevermind Bors, Barth, Marcus, Wendy or Garret for being lolterrible. Astohl is fielded mostly for thieving utilities and Cecilia is her slowest support (50+1), so forget those as well. That really just leaves Oujay and Gonzales to fall back on, and it’s unlikely that both are in play at the same time.

You supported her with Roy, didn't you? =]

You don't need to use her in the arena. Heck she can possibly promote by the end of Chapter 12 upon her joining time. She can receive alot of EXP from her enemies by babying her until class change. Once that she class changes, she will become the best healer in the game. If you think that she sucks so much. Have her use staves and not fight. She still will gain EXP from that anyway, and that you will get more than enough time to build her Rod level high enough to get her to use most, if not all staves later in the game. Useful for that.

Sure she can't double as well as Lugh can, but she grows alot more power to make up for it, Lugh cannot damage anything throughout most, if not all of the game. 8 Damage to Generals later on with Fire is epic phail for him.

Yes. The free Speedwings are to be given to her more than anyone else. Though she won't need any Speedwings with her amount of supporting options that she has. The Speedwings just makes her even better. =] Her skill is good enough that she don't need skill books.

Um... For one, speedwings are never free, Lugh never needs them, and Lugh does more than 8 damage with fire to generals.

For chapter 22, enemy General stats in res are between 9-11. Lugh on average should have 24-25 attack with fire by then. Ironically enough, the enemy Generals have the best res out of all of the physical units, where the Snipers, Heroes, and Berserkers are all < 10 res. I know the Paladins of the previous chapter have a bit more resistance though.

Still, Lugh will probably be attacking with something other than Fire, and while Lilina wins against him vs Generals she loses to everyone else on that map since they have greater than 12 speed, meaning that she cannot double them. She can double about half of the Berserkers too since they range from 12-13 speed.

Lugh, on the other hand, can double everything with 17 speed and under, which means he might even be able to double the enemy Heroes (not a guarantee; 17-20 speed), and if he does that then he doubles everything on the map.

Oh, and that's assuming they're both 20/10 in this chapter and this is assuming no supports in attack for Lugh (because I didnt bother to see if there were any), which is being quite generous to Lilina.