Feedback for "Feil the Ripper"

Mufasa

Ok, I just read the whole story so far. I have to say it really nice. And just curious, but what time/world does it take place in?

It takes place in the world of Fallout, which is the US after a nuclear war, and humanity tries to rebuild itself. It's approximatley the year 2250 or something.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said much snipper things in this topic. Take a look around.

Well... Really, that shouldn't have been something that should've bugged you so much...

First, let me say that I apologize for lashing out at you. Certain other discussions in this thread have put me on edge. So, my bad.

Good boy! XD

I read it! Ooh... wonder how many people I would tell to start their will (if they haven't already) if I had a gun...

I'm pretty sure nobody should trust me with one =D

Read what you have so far. It's pretty good.
You seem to be doing well with this so far,although I do wonder what would have happened had you shot Andrew?

Thank you for your comments.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you stopped writing on this story? :(
Writer's Block? =D (is that what it's called?)

Something like this. I've kinda lost motivation to do anything.

And by anything I mean anything.

Right now I'm sitting in my basement starving because I'm too lazy to go upstairs for food. Experts call it "deppression".

Right now I'm sitting in my basement starving because I'm too lazy to go upstairs for food. Experts call it "deppression".

=/ aw, too bad

I took this quiz thing in health class and it said if you agreed to at least 5 out of 25 of the questions, it said you'd be depressed.

<_< Stupid thingy thinks I'm depressed

Hope you feel better =(

HOW THE POOP (that's my replacement word =D) CAN YOU NOT HAVE FOOD??? FOOD MAKES MY LIFE SO MUCH HAPPIER =)

Oh, I see. Well, I hope you'll feel better soon.

Nice! I'm so happy you kept writing on this! Tomorrow we're going to have a test in school about some stupid authors. Sooo pointless. I don't even like their writhing style! You are way better!

Nice! I'm so happy you kept writing on this! Tomorrow we're going to have a test in school about some stupid authors. Sooo pointless. I don't even like their writhing style! You are way better!

And who, might I ask, would those authors be?

And who, might I ask, would those authors be?

Well, there are those pretty famous guys like Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, Mark Twain... And of course there were J. R. R. Tolkien. I just didn't like it because I think it's pointless to know.

Well, there are those pretty famous guys like Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, Mark Twain... And of course there were J. R. R. Tolkien. I just didn't like it because I think it's pointless to know.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the work of Lyle compares to the work of those author? Sorry, but I would have a hard to keeping a straight face if I were you.

I do not mean to be insulting to Lyle, but really now.

Edited by Shuuda

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the work of Lyle compares to the work of those author? Sorry, but I would have a hard to keeping a straight face if I were you.

Well, some of those guys CAN be kinda wordy.

Note: I am no where near saying I am better than ANY of those guys, however, different people have differnet tastes. Some people like simplicity over the complex writing of those guys. She ENJOYS reading my writing more than them. That doesn't mean I'm a better writer than they.

Still, you only need to look at our sales figures to see whom is the better writer. =/

Edited by Mifune

Well, some of those guys CAN be kinda wordy.

Note: I am no where near saying I am better than ANY of those guys, however, different people have differnet tastes. Some people like simplicity over the complex writing of those guys. She ENJOYS reading my writing more than them. That doesn't mean I'm a better writer than they.

Still, you only need to look at our sales figures to see whom is the better writer. =/

Lyle's right, I enjoy reading his writing. And that also makes me think that he's a better writer. I think that what Lyle writes is the story itself, what you need to know and also a lot of funny and interesting conversations. When I read A Hero's Journey, there were hardly any descriptions of the nature and other surroundings, so it's hard to compare that. But after reading parts of those authors' stories, I can only say that some of them express everything far too explicit. It's almost like as if they're competing about using the largest number of words.

I'll never forget Jack London's description of the wolf: ...his hairy fur was like.... That really wasn't needed, was it? hairy fur... That's just so obviously!

And I dislike reading stories written out of the main character's perspective. But that's just my own opinion.

Anyway, my point is that it's quite hard to compare a story written 200 years ago to another one written this very year. But if I was to vote for the best story of Call of the Wild (or whatever it's call in english) and Feil the Ripper, I'd stick with Feil the Ripper.