The official "Nostalgia Critic" Topic

CGV

This topic is to talk about the funny-as-hell movie critic known as "The Nostalgia Critic". To watch his reviews click the link: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...ostalgia-critic

My personal favorite it Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. The "Fuck Ball" part almost made me piss my pants

Who else knows of this hilarious critic?

discuss...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching his vids since the start of the whole "AVGN VS NC" thing. Personally I think AVGN's recent vids aren't funny like his old ones but NC is still funny and sometimes surpasses expectations.

The mud scene was pretty funny in the MK review too >_>. I also like that "OF COURSE" gag of M. Bison from the Street Fighter movie, it never gets old.

Edited by Levin

Been watching his vids since the start of the whole "AVGN VS NC" thing. Personally I think AVGN's recent vids aren't funny like his old ones but NC is still funny and sometimes surpasses expectations.

Quoted for truth. The AVGN is losing his touch, sadly.

Personally, my favorite review is the Surf Ninjas review, because he treats it like the greatest movie ever and you're just laughing at how stupid the movie is and how he's making it seem to look awesome by comparing it with Citizen Kane and various other films that are actual art films. And on top of that, they parody The Wizard of Oz at the end and it's hilarious.

In other news, has anybody checked out his review of Fern Gully with the Nostalgia Chick?

Fox and I just saw the lastest movie review from NC and holy shit was it hilarious! It was the movie "A Kid in King Arthur's Court" and it was actually a movie I remember seeing so it made that much more funny. But boy was it better than the Fern Gully review. I didn't find that one too funny

Btw, beware of baseballs!

Personally loved the Good Burger review. That movie is just too easy to snipe apart. That and the build up till the one moment where he gets to the end of the movie...Love it! X3

Looking back...Disney had some evil motherfuckers in their movies. My fascination with evil has been made stronger.

Looking back...Disney had some evil motherfuckers in their movies. My fascination with evil has been made stronger.

They did, especially when the villain was the only redeeming factor in their movies. (Ursula, anyone?)

Anyways, the Good Son review is finally out, and it's hilarious because he doesn't talk throughout the entire review!

They did, especially when the villain was the only redeeming factor in their movies. (Ursula, anyone?)

Anyways, the Good Son review is finally out, and it's hilarious because he doesn't talk throughout the entire review!

Also, the "A Kid in the King Arthur's Court" was up day 10.

NC is pure genius, his overracting is very funny. Shame that TGWTG's other 2 characters aren't as good.

Also, the "A Kid in the King Arthur's Court" was up day 10.

NC is pure genius, his overracting is very funny. Shame that TGWTG's other 2 characters aren't as good.

That was really funny. "And she wisely chooses the only other actor who will have a career after this movie, Daniel Craig." XD

He does make good use of them, though, especially in the Mortal Kombat: Anhihilation review. "I poured Cheeze Wiz all over my face, and then the hungry rats came. They were so happy!"

Edited by Karlheinz Stockhausen

That was really funny. "And she wisely chooses the only other actor who will have a career after this movie, Daniel Craig." XD

He does make good use of them, though, especially in the Mortal Kombat: Anhihilation review. "I poured Cheeze Wiz all over my face, and then the hungry rats came. They were so happy!"

I loled when Craig showed up.

And he really does use them well, but often in moments related to the NC, like in the "Follow That Bird" review

Indeed. I remember seeing most of the disney movies as a kid, though the villain that really stuck out for me was Jaffar. Many villains are pushed to the edge, but how many of them turn into demonic cobras and djinns with the power of the universe in their hands?

There is something about slimy unrelenting evil I find interesting.

The mud scene was pretty funny in the MK review too >_>. I also like that "OF COURSE" gag of M. Bison from the Street Fighter movie, it never gets old.

I'm sorry, but despite being a fan of both, I'd say you're wrong. NC really drives a joke to the ground until its no longer funny. Some of his videos are far too long and gets repetitive when he keeps showing the worse part over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I think they're both great, but both also have their own flaws. AVGN's not perfect either.

I'm sorry, but despite being a fan of both, I'd say you're wrong. NC really drives a joke to the ground until its no longer funny. Some of his videos are far too long and gets repetitive when he keeps showing the worse part over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I think they're both great, but both also have their own flaws. AVGN's not perfect either.

@bold: Mind providing an example?

@bold: Mind providing an example?

Johnny Cage? M. Bision? Save By The Bell (the laughing), Godzilla (the name). I think Good Burger also had something similar, but I don't remember. I found that review very forgettable.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

Johnny Cage? M. Bision? Save By The Bell (the laughing), Godzilla (the name). I think Good Burger also had something similar, but I don't remember. I found that review very forgettable.

You're exaggerating. M Bison's line is the only one he repeats that much (since it's on other videos) but the others certainly aren't repeated THAT much.

You're exaggerating. M Bison's line is the only one he repeats that much (since it's on other videos) but the others certainly aren't repeated THAT much.

He spends like 5 minutes laughing in the Save By The Bell review. It was so annoying, I had to fast forward. He did something similar in Good Burger.... or maybe the Nick month. I forget since those weren't his best videos. You just sit there annoyed because he keeps running something to the ground and doesn't know when to stop.

Actually, my biggest problem with the Nostalgia Critic is that he doesn't go on to destroy the movie he reviews like the Angry Video Game Nerd. The Nerd also deserves props for somewhat more creative use of his reviewing space (Remember in the Battletoads video where the guy who does his theme song comes out from behind the couch to play multi-player Battletoads? The Die-Hard video where shit blows up all around him and he ducks behind everything in the room as he tries to make his way to the NES to remove the cartridge?) They both have their strong points, though, where the Critic is good with sarcasm and facial expressions and the Nerd is good with utilization of space and swearing excessively.

Didn't the NC destroyed the Bebe's Kids cartridge or something like that in his Video Game review?

That doesn't count because that was when the Nerd was reviewing Ricky 1, and since they swapped styles for that particular video (the NC even stole the guitar guy from the Nerd) I don't really count those reviews as Nerd or Critic videos.

That doesn't count because that was when the Nerd was reviewing Ricky 1, and since they swapped styles for that particular video (the NC even stole the guitar guy from the Nerd) I don't really count those reviews as Nerd or Critic videos.

Nah, IMO, only the NC changed styles with the Nerd.

The Nerd didn't put any effort on it after all.

I actually kind of remember liking Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Maybe it was because I'd watch anything in those days, but looking at it now I can see how it's kind of stupid. ("Who-gives-a-shit land?" XDDDDDDD)

And as always, the NC was hilarious. I especially loved the part where the M. Bison joke worked its way into the review against the NC's will. XDD