The official "Nostalgia Critic" Topic

CGV

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did stuff on the power rangers, but...doesn't anyone remember Super Human Samurai and VR Troopers?

omg VR Troopers lol, I was trying to remember that show's name before but never could lol, since it pretty much got overshadowed by power rangers in my youth; do remember it though

Those were some insane mindfucks

I remembers Whinnie the Pooh having a mindfuck moment as well

If my memory serves me correctly, you're probably referring to the nightmare sequence in Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. That particular mindfuck made sense in a way, though; earlier in the film, Tigger brought up heffalumps and woozles and their love for honey, scaring Pooh when he does so. Pooh was patrolling his house that night to make sure that nobody got his precious honey, and while doing so ends up falling asleep. And since the nightmare is about heffalumps and woozles, then it's not exactly a mindfuck moment anymore. It was still pretty fucking crazy, though...

But yeah, I liked how he cleverly renumbered his countdown for this one.

Wanna know the greatest mindfuck in cinema?

Nicolas Cage's career.

Actually his carrer was a big Yin-Yang. For every bad movie, he had a good one, so the balance was kept.

Then, the real mindfuck: The Wickerman.

Actually his carrer was a big Yin-Yang. For every bad movie, he had a good one, so the balance was kept.

Then, the real mindfuck: The Wickerman.

You never saw Ghost Rider then...

Seeing something like the Ghost Rider deal with villains about as dangerous as a Captain Planet villain...

THAT is a real mindfuck.

Though you do have a case, but who else suffers the yni-yang effect? I think Nicolas Cage just accepts jobs for no reason outside of being able to laugh at it later. Lately, he hasn't been a good movie to make up for the garbage he's been in either.

Matchstick Men rocked

Seeing something like the Ghost Rider deal with villains about as dangerous as a Captain Planet villain...

THAT is a real mindfuck.

Though you do have a case, but who else suffers the yni-yang effect? I think Nicolas Cage just accepts jobs for no reason outside of being able to laugh at it later. Lately, he hasn't been a good movie to make up for the garbage he's been in either.

Matchstick Men rocked

You didn't like the National Treasure's?

THAT is a real mindfuck.

Matchstick Men rocked

I saw it, but really, The Wickerman is much much worse. Specially when you see the original, that is not so much older.

Over-the-top 'acting' is not always something to be amused.

Dunno who else suffers the Y-Y Effect, Cage might be cursed himself.

Here's the thing though with The Wickerman. It's enjoyable, just in the completely wrong way. Like it's so bad it's hilarious. Personally, I think Nicolas Cage knew this damn well, so he just acted however the hell he wanted. NOT THE BEES! It was so random, it really didn't matter.

Abe Vigoda...I saw The Godfather, great movie. Outside of Good Burger though, no idea what other movies he's been in.

And no, I didn't like National Treasure. It wasn't that it was bad, just that it was nothing special. Characters were boring, it felt forced...

Abe Vigoda, as the NC dutifully points out in the Good Burger review.

Didn't Abe Vigoda did some dubbing jobs?

Also, his actual performance in Good Burger wasn't bad. At all.

Ah, and there's Will Smith, which does great on all his movies, crappy or not.

I know that The Wickerman is so bad it's hilarious, but when the original wasn't that f'ed up, why not doing a DIFFERENT movie?

I was falling asleep whenever there was dialogue of the movie.

That movie made me asleep whenever I tried to watch it.

But that apllies to all Disaster Movies.