The official "Nostalgia Critic" Topic

CGV

A cool review, but I think he was a biiit too generous to the Bakshi film - it did some things right and holds a nostalgic place in my heart (since I saw it before even reading the book when I was pretty young), but was very over the top. My father and I are both hardcore Tolkien fans, and we love watching our old copy of that movie and pointing out its errors, oddities and failed characterizations. Not that the Jackson films don't have some areas that sting a bit, but it makes up for the changes with its solid acting and storytelling. I even convinced my father that maybe Tom Bombadil just wasn't cut out for a big screen epic.

Shame the Critic didn't also do the Rankin-Bass Return of the King, though. Definitely inferior to its Jackson counterpart, but there's so much he could pick on!

Edited by Fëanen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

He is awesome. Then again, Chester and Ask that Guy are also quite good.

His Twister review was epic. He tried to hang himself XD

FIRING IN THA DESERT

Also, all hail the Ducktits.

Edited by Joshybear25

For Captain America, that was pretty sad (the movie). A superhero who steals citizens' cars?! And how on the back of the box he's getting his ass kicked. Some superhero he was in that movie

For Captain America, that was pretty sad (the movie). A superhero who steals citizens' cars?! And how on the back of the box he's getting his ass kicked. Some superhero he was in that movie

Did you ever read Epic of Gilgamesh? He tried to rape a woman on her wedding day. Lol

I like AVGN better, but this guy is great.

Well, isn't The Epic of Gilgamesh supposed to be some pretty ancient poem? You know, even as he and many other mytologic figures were regarded as heroes and shits, they still were jackasses.

Captain America is supposed to be a Superhero, a Marty-Stu living image of what's right.So here we have him not only getting his ass handed multiple times, but stealing civilians' cars.Twice.

• 2 weeks later...