What would you rather be?

Liz

If you had a choice....  

17 members have voted

1. 1. would you rather be

• a prodigy in only one particular area
    • decently good in all areas

me and my friends have had this discussion for the longest time, so i wanted to know your opinion.

i personally prefer to be decently good in all areas, because like that you don't have obvious weaknesses

I'd presonally go for being elite at one particular area. This way you're able to defeat those who are decent in all areas, even those who are using your weakness, as well as those who are weak against your specialty. Only weakness would be those who are prodigys of your own weakness.

Decently good in all areas. No matter what, unless it's a video game or an animé, then 2 or more of the skills will be important. Thus meaning that total failure in some skills could get your ass killed or something. And that's a no-no.

Lets see, prodigy in all areas sounds good to me. Of course, i'm not as good in english (80-something average, i'm also in honors), but in math and science i do awesome.

I suppose a prodigy in a few areas and average in another sounds more accurate. :P

Decently good in all areas. No matter what, unless it's a video game or an animé, then 2 or more of the skills will be important. Thus meaning that total failure in some skills could get your ass killed or something. And that's a no-no.

i agree with Hika. in most situations, being a prodigy in only one area will do you no good, since nowadays the world revolves around the more skills you have, the better.

i agree with Hika. in most situations, being a prodigy in only one area will do you no good, since nowadays the world revolves around the more skills you have, the better.

I know! Nowadays, you have to know how to breathe, drink water, eat, and walk. Why can't we just have one person who's an expert on breathing, another guy who really knows how to drink water, another guy who is a master eater, and another guy who is a pro at walking?