Your view on mormons

kaonohiokala

I neither like nor dislike mormons. At least, not based on their religion. Their religion is their choice, they either follow it or not. I can't hold it against them, and I never will. To me, it's about what kind of person they are. Like, I myself am atheist, and some people have bitched at me for it. I don't understand that though, because I can easily bitch at them for being Christian, Mormon, Protestant, whatever.

So yeah, for those who are too lazy to read this: I have no opinion on them based on religion.

I hate religion it sucks

my point exactly

I think South Park sums it up the best.

perfect... can't believe I didn't think of that...

Eh, what Mormons believe isn't too radically different from what all the other splinter groups believe in. Or even the basis for Christianity: walking on water and life after death included.

As long as they aren't harmful to anyone else, I see no problem with it. The children brought up to believe in it, unfortunately, can't really be told there's something wrong with polygamy. It's something they have to realize in themselves, if they feel it is wrong. The only time the a religion should be restrained is when it keeps free decisions and safe lives from being lived.

That being said, for some laughs, there's a youtube cartoon some ex-Mormons got together and had made. It's full of the old "scriptures" no one is supposed to know about unless you're a complete devout. Much like all those secrets most people don't know about modern Christianity or the crazed Defenders of the Faith Like anything, you try bringing this up when they com a'knockin' and they'll act like they can't hear you or scurry off. You know too much.

you know, as long as no one is trying to force their beliefs on me, i'm ok with them.

i hate being told that in order to save my soul, i have to convert to another religion, or that what i believe goes against the teachings of their deity.

so, in a way, i don't hate religion or believers, just annoying people who think they're right

you know, as long as no one is trying to force their beliefs on me, i'm ok with them.

i hate being told that in order to save my soul, i have to convert to another religion, or that what i believe goes against the teachings of their deity.

so, in a way, i don't hate religion or believers, just annoying people who think they're right

this reminds me of the song Same Direction by Hoobastank