Get Cath ASAP, or no?

Nestling

Allright, so I'm close to getting Cath, but I've been thinking that I can steal her lockpicks and vulneraries, so should I keep doing that until my last chance, or should I just recruit her?

I'm not killing her ;)

Allright, so I'm close to getting Cath, but I've been thinking that I can steal her lockpicks and vulneraries, so should I keep doing that until my last chance, or should I just recruit her?

I'm not killing her ;)

Do what you will, she won't care.

Steal her lockpick, vulnerary and then kill her. This way you won't have to deal with thieves appearing at chapter 8 and be annoying.

She's not worth the trouble. Not by a longshot.

EDIT: Oh, you're NOT killing her......uhhhh....soonest she comes she's already not worth it, but do whatever. Might as well steal until last you see her.

Edited by Grandjackal

Recruit her because she drives me crazy in the later chapters especially the one with Douglas because of how I deal with him. If you're going to recruit him recruiting her makes that chapter so much easier if you want the tresure.

Some people, like me can't not recruit a character even if I'm not going to use them.

I'm one who sees this mindset as pointless but whatever. Are you going to do the same with FESD and never play the gaiden chapters? Also, the EXP you get from killing her is better than just recruiting and benching her.

I'm one who sees this mindset as pointless but whatever. Are you going to do the same with FESD and never play the gaiden chapters? Also, the EXP you get from killing her is better than just recruiting and benching her.

Well, one could see this as completing 100%ing the game.

And I don't get the SD part, you have to kill/not recruit someone in order to get to the Gaiden Chapters?

Well, one could see this as completing 100%ing the game.

And I don't get the SD part, you have to kill/not recruit someone in order to get to the Gaiden Chapters?

Keeping all characters alive? Lots of people already did this on their first playthrough so why bother with that all the time?

The number of units you have in your ENTIRE PARTY must be 15 or less by the end of the chapter preceding the gaiden. MANY make the mistake of thinking that you have to send less than 15 people in the chapter preceding the gaiden.

Keeping all characters alive? Lots of people already did this on their first playthrough so why bother with that all the time?

The number of units you have in your ENTIRE PARTY must be 15 or less by the end of the chapter preceding the gaiden. MANY make the mistake of thinking that you have to send less than 15 people in the chapter preceding the gaiden.

Maybe it's like to not left anything not done.

HOLY SHIT, so you have to be not recruiting/killing your guys?

Maybe it's like to not left anything not done.

HOLY SHIT, so you have to be not recruiting/killing your guys?

Again, 1 playthrough is sufficient for this. There's no point in keeping units you're benching alive. The EXP is better than that so why recruit? makes no sense.

Yup... Most units you'll ever have out is like 16 (at a time where you'll no longer need to have your unit count as 15) and that's only in 1 chapter so what's the use of having more than 15? Killing some1 like say... Minerva in chapter 10 is much better than recruiting her why and here's a pros and con about it:

Pros:

- Hautclere is dropped so you don't have to worry about that.

- She's promoted so this means some nice EXP for whoever kills her.

- Going to the gaiden chapters means more EXP for those units you ARE using.

Cons:

- You miss out on Minerva's A-rank in Axes, which is a minor loss considering the fact that you should already have either Cord or Barst close to that rank.

Edited by Levin

Again, 1 playthrough is sufficient for this. There's no point in keeping units you're benching alive. The EXP is better than that so why recruit? makes no sense.

Yup... Most units you'll ever have out is like 16 (at a time where you'll no longer need to have your unit count as 15) and that's only in 1 chapter so what's the use of having more than 15? Killing some1 like say... Minerva in chapter 10 is much better than recruiting her why and here's a pros and con about it:

Yes, but those character number conditions are only in SD, right?

It's quite a smart/cruel thing to do.

It's really no big deal if CAPTAIN GORDIN gets sticked like a pig so Gra can call him Marth the Tyrant 'cause he kills his own countrymen, ain't that a hoot?

No, really, it's not. Apart from Marth saying "Blast! That archer was on our side!" It has no effect on the story. At all. Hell, you can be a real jerk in Book 2 and attack Sheema and the Gra soldiers and it still won't diminish Marth's reputation at all.

Steal her lockpick, vulnerary and then kill her. This way you won't have to deal with thieves appearing at chapter 8 and be annoying.

She's not worth the trouble. Not by a longshot.

EDIT: Oh, you're NOT killing her......uhhhh....soonest she comes she's already not worth it, but do whatever. Might as well steal until last you see her.

No way, Cath is like WAY better than Chad and Asthol combined, man, I wish there was a promotion for theives, that way, I would promote:

Chad = Rogue

Asthol = Assasin

Cath = Rogue

Cath has good growths, steal her stuff and recruit her.

No way, Cath is like WAY better than Chad and Asthol combined, man,

How so? Cath has more or less the same bases as Chad, yet she joins much later and four levels higher. I just don't see how it could be even remotely worthwhile to level a gimped thief when you already have not one but two who are better. =\

Cath on HM is pretty cool. She gets fairly nice bonuses: ~4 hp/skl/spd/luck (and 2 res, and 0-1 str/def), and her joining situation is awesome. High spd/luck swordy vs inaccurate axers + a chapter immediately following her joining chapter in which she's useful to have around due to being a thief (FoW and tons of chests, and even items to be stolen) + thief exp bonus. This is also pretty awesome for exp rank if you're ranking. Much better than Chad's joining situation (lol getting OHK'd by soldiers, and even finishing is dangerous since he can miss due to crappy skl + WTD).

Once leveled, she has higher hp+res for those long-range tomes and higher avoid than Chad (unsupported).

On NM, don't bother.

Edited by Reikken