Street Fighter 4

Masu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAWLZ PLAY

ING THE 360 VERSION IN THE FUTURE

I am all about Fei Long because I like Bruce Lee, and I've always liked Fei Long in Super Turbo. Fei Long is guaranteed to be competitively viable, because I heard E. Honda sucks so he's automatically usable based on that alone.

I want to try out El Furete too. He has a very fast playstyle, and is a pretty cool character.

And of course, I'll use Ryu as well.

I can't get it due to only having a Wii (used to have a 360, but it got stolen...). But from what I've seen...

Vega looks...sad now. Some characters get nerfed, some get defanged, but he practically seems castrated compared to what he was in super turbo (explains why he has an even higher pitched squeal). He just gets the crap kicked out of him and he drops all his stuff, he seems more a klutz than a ninja. Poor Vega...

El Fuerte looks fucking cheap.

Rufus just looks utterly stupid. He could be the godliest of fighting gods, I still would hate him.

M. Bison doesn't seem like a bitch anymore.

Cammy and Fei Long are back, YAY!

I would so be maining as Dan, secondaries M. Bison and Fei Long.

My visual analysis. This is CNN.

I can't get it due to only having a Wii (used to have a 360, but it got stolen...). But from what I've seen...

Vega looks...sad now. Some characters get nerfed, some get defanged, but he practically seems castrated compared to what he was in super turbo (explains why he has an even higher pitched squeal). He just gets the crap kicked out of him and he drops all his stuff, he seems more a klutz than a ninja. Poor Vega...

El Fuerte looks fucking cheap.

Rufus just looks utterly stupid. He could be the godliest of fighting gods, I still would hate him.

M. Bison doesn't seem like a bitch anymore.

Cammy and Fei Long are back, YAY!

I would so be maining as Dan, secondaries M. Bison and Fei Long.

My visual analysis. This is CNN.

El Fuerte is low tier

MBison is still.... broken

YEY CAMMY!

CNN?

El Fuerte is low tier
Yet people claim that he is still tournament viable and has untapped potential.
MBison is still.... broken
M.Bison will never be broken.
Guile and Boxer seem to have gotten poor positions on the tier list. It probalby isn't a nerf so much as SF4's mechanics aren't too friendly to charge characters for whatever reason.

My gamertag is Lv20Jeigan. If you want to play me, please send me a message.

Edited by Chainey

Just played some more.

Gosh dang, this game is fun. They also made the inputs so n00b-easy in this game that it's actually possible to play using a 360 controller.

Also keep in mind concerning tiers, is that Street Fighter tiers tend to be pretty compressed, so there's a chance that Low Tier characters can still compete, granted will have to work much harder.

Well that's great to hear. I know that Street Fighter games are pretty damn balanced. But I'm starting to hear shit about Sagat now...

Also, I'm starting to get concerned about El Fuerte. I saw a video of him just dash-dancing (the only way I can describe it) and he could just punish anything the opponent threw out. He's way too fucking mobile. This guy really does have untapped potential, he can grow to be untouchable if used right.

BTW Fei Long has the best wavedash.

I know, I saw. Lol, smash bros references. His focus attack is also the best fatality in the game.

But seriously, it's the only way I can describe it. just dashing left then right and repeating rapidly. It's so fast, it's legitimately confusing. Throw anything and he just jumps on you and does that twirly move. Basically his whole game is confusing the enemy to do anything, miss, then jump over and do that move over and over and over. There either doesn't seem to be any reason to do anything else with him, or the guy he was playing against royally sucked.

I'm trying to use El Furete. His type of moves are like Street Fighter Alpha's Guy as opposed to a throwing oriented character such as Zangief. You QCF + P then he starts running quickly, then you press a button to do a certain attack. His actual dash is much slower.

His QCF + K seems to be an anti-air attack.

I know, I saw. Lol, smash bros references.
FADC'd Flame Kick = L-Cancelled Wave Dash. Edited by Chainey

I'm trying to use El Furete. His type of moves are like Street Fighter Alpha's Guy as opposed to a throwing oriented character such as Zangief. You QCF + P then he starts running quickly, then you press a button to do a certain attack. His actual dash is much slower.

His QCF + K seems to be an anti-air attack.

FADC'd Flame Kick = L-Cancelled Wave Dash.

Ahhhh, that's what it is. I could have sworn it was dash-dancing. It looked so similar. Either way, it's basically abusing the hell out of it.

FADC? Focus attack dash cancel?

El Furete definitely has a learning curve, and his pokes don't seem to be very good (which is probably how he ended up in Low Tier). You really have to use mind games to make the most of him since his best moves/normals are risky.

Ever notice when they add new characters in the bunch to the original group from SF2, they always suck with the exception of like 1 guy? Seems to be repeating itself...(el fuerte apparently, c viper, and abel suc, yet rufus managed well...of all of them, it just HAD to be him -_- )