Oh dear stars above, no...

grandjackal

Michael Bay...is directing...a sequel to his raping of the transformers...

We're here to discuss why Michael Bay hasn't been given a lethal injection yet by the general public for all the terrible movies he's made and shitting on cinema in general.

The 2007 version of Transformers excelled in what it was supposed to do: be a badass movie with crazy CGI effects and awesome explosions. Expecting otherwise would have been retarded.

The sequel has been known about for some time.

Edited by Fox

Michael Bay...is directing...a sequel to his raping of the transformers...

We're here to discuss why Michael Bay hasn't been given a lethal injection yet by the general public for all the terrible movies he's made and shitting on cinema in general.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Micheal Bay's masterpiece was a perfect tribute to the original series: a glittery, showy spectacle with more product placement than you can shake a stick at, and made of pure fun and explosive entertainment. Actually, in every way his movie exceeded the standards of the old show, which was frankly a piece of shit (now Beast Wars on the other hand...)

I plan on going to see the new movie twice, three times if I really like it!

Edited by Black Knight

The 2007 version of Transformers excelled in what it was supposed to do: be a badass movie with crazy CGI effects and have awesome explosions. Expecting otherwise would have been retarded.

The sequel has been known about for some time.

Is this because it's Transformers, or because it was Michael Bay? It's not like one can take material like that and they're forced to make it suck. Compare The Dark Knight to Batman and Robin.

It's not so much it's what we should have expected, but rather that it could have been more than a giant commercial with things going kablooey.

I blame Space Jam.

It's not so much it's what we should have expected, but rather that it could have been more than a giant commercial with things going kablooey.

Have you even watched the original show? The Transformers toys came way before the show was created. The series was created for the explicit purpose of giving Hasbo's toys air time and marketing them to kids. Once they watch the shows, they want the toys. The whole point of the movie in-between seasons 2 and 3 was to kill off all the old characters and introduce a new cast, with coresponding toys, which the kids would have to buy again. Pure marketing genius.

If you read any "depth" into the show, then you're just a sucker.

Edited by Black Knight

Have you even watched the original show? The Transformers toys came way before the show was created. The series was created for the explicit purpose of giving Hasbo's toys air time and marketing them to kids. Once they watch the shows, they want the toys. The whole point of the movie in-between seasons 2 and 3 was to kill off all the old characters and introduce a new cast, with coresponding toys, which the kids would have to buy again. Pure marketing genius.

If you read any "depth" into the show, then you're just a sucker.

Indeed, it was marketing genius.

...But this automatically means it couldn't be used to make an actually good movie? That's my point. Take something so simplistic and make something with actual depth. Is this suddenly a crime? I mean why not, what's stopping them? Who the hell goes to see these movies for more marketing tactics? Just because it was based off a greatly marketed toy doesn't mean it can't change to be something more.

I guess I don't know what you'd qualify as good, in this case. What, like some kind of meaningful plot? Transformers has never been particularly deep or provocative. It's about robots that are cars and transform so they can blow each other up. You can't make that shit look like Shakespeare, and Bay didn't try to.

I guess I don't know what you'd qualify as good, in this case. What, like some kind of meaningful plot? Transformers has never been particularly deep or provocative. It's about robots that are cars and transform so they can blow each other up. You can't make that shit look like Shakespeare, and Bay didn't try to.

Well why not try? All that really said was Michael Bay picked up shit and threw it at is. I could at least appreciate an honest effort, even if it ended up bad, but maybe I'm just naive.

As for Bay not trying, that's giving him a bit of credit. From what I've seen with Bay's movies, it's not so much he didn't TRY to, but rather he didn't WANT to, because he knows big explosions will sell anyways.

I have no goddamn clue why people hated the 2007 film. It seriously makes no sense to me. I found it to be nothing short of amazing and I can't wait for the sequel.

Only "Hardcore" fans of the original 80's animation movie think the 2007 film is utter shit. Not all of course, but the ones who aren't able to admire awesomeness. Fools.

Only "Hardcore" fans of the original 80's animation movie think the 2007 film is utter shit. Not all of course, but the ones who aren't able to admire awesomeness. Fools.

I'm one of those "Hardcore" 80's fans and I absolutely loved it. People need to realize the original show was just a half hour advertisement for toys. Its not supposed to be thought provoking, it is a big dumb summer blockbuster where you just need to sit back and watch thing explode.

I didn't like how a lot of the action was ruined (or at least made worse) by terrible camera. More robots and less fleshlings would have been really nice, too.

Dude, are you like...

for real with that shit?

Just...

Dude.

Dude, are you like...

for real with that shit?

Just...

Dude.

this shit is totally legit right up in your biznuizzle

but yes, those were serious complaints, and not even particularly uncommon ones. didn't make the movie awful of course.

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

this shit is totally legit right up in your biznuizzle

Ok. I respect that: a man (oops, cybertronian, sorry) who sticks to his guns. Go you.

P.S. My Halloween costume from last year:

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1862edit.jpg

Yeah, that just happened.

Edited by Black Knight

Ok. I respect that: a man (oops, cybertronian, sorry) who sticks to his guns. Go you.

P.S. My Halloween costume from last year:

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1862edit.jpg

Yeah, that just happened.

Awesome. Take long to make?

Well why not try? All that really said was Michael Bay picked up shit and threw it at is. I could at least appreciate an honest effort, even if it ended up bad, but maybe I'm just naive.

I think you're naive if you wanted him to try and make a deep plot with the main antagonist being labeled the Decepticons.

It would be like trying to make Passion of the Christ into a comedy.

As for Bay not trying, that's giving him a bit of credit. From what I've seen with Bay's movies, it's not so much he didn't TRY to, but rather he didn't WANT to, because he knows big explosions will sell anyway

He didn't try to inject an awkward plot and instead stuck to one that was pretty faithful to the show.

That's not being obstinate, that's being effective and logical.

I think you're naive if you wanted him to try and make a deep plot with the main antagonist being labeled the Decepticons.

It would be like trying to make Passion of the Christ into a comedy.

He didn't try to inject an awkward plot and instead stuck to one that was pretty faithful to the show.

That's not being obstinate, that's being effective and logical.

I dunno, maybe I just find potential in what is a marketing cartoon at best...Neh, I always get this way when there's something that could be developed into. I suppose I'm weird like that. I mean, I pretty much hijacked a topic in the FEDS boards just to develop a story for the characters for no apparent reason. I have a weird obsession with detail.

Funny you mention turning Passion of the Christ into a comedy though. It's called The Life of Brian, thanks to Monty Python.

Funny you mention turning Passion of the Christ into a comedy though. It's called The Life of Brian, thanks to Monty Python.

Naw, you're looking too much into it. Passion of the Christ is pretty fucking hysterical.

That's odd. The MacGuffin and the robot's young human friend/s are accounted for and you've still got the two sets of giant robots battling it out, but most of said robots have little to no personality or even dialogue, to say nothing of the general lack of banter during battle.