Recent gaming finds/buys

AceNoctali

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys so many GBA, DS and old games : /

Some people are against doing illegal things, an R4 can't play GBA games, and the emulators for old games take up too much space on the SD cards.

LRN2R4

You don't even know what an R4 is.

Anyways I picked up Street Fighter 4 Special edition on tues day (PS3)

No one cares, also saying tues day is like saying noone.

**doesn't like Shadow Dragon**

No one cares

Some people are against doing illegal things, an R4 can't play GBA games, and the emulators for old games take up too much space on the SD cards.

You don't even know what an R4 is.

No one cares, also saying tues day is like saying noone.

No one cares

Thank you for contributing to this topic dick head

Why do you guys so many GBA, DS and old games : /
Because a product's success is measured in customer satisfaction which unit is called "sales". Note that every other medium has something like Best Seller but not Best Written lists.

And because some want to do something against the business model of games only selling in their first weeks.

**doesn't like Shadow Dragon**
Why you little--

Try to give it another try, I felt pretty meh towards the game at first and now I can't stop loving it.

Doom_Dragon_103, this isn't the first time that I've had to tell you about this. Coming into topics just to tell people to pirate is just plain rude and completely off-topic. Just let people do whatever they want with their games.

Also, the flaming from either side was uncalled for.

Now, for my recent purchases...

Edited by VincentASM

At the end of December I got Layton and ditched it right when I beat it for having terrible puzzles that require too much math and not nearly enough creative thinking.

Have you even played the damn thing?

I own copies of both of those games; I haven't played Disgaea 3, but Valkyria Chronicles is absolutely bloody amazing.

I recently purchased Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and Star Ocean: First Departure and DJ Max Portable Fever for the PlayStation Portable. (They are all North American versions).

Good stuff Ace. Play ToH as much as you can. It's amazing.

I'll try, but since I have a frikkin' lot of games to play already, it won't be easy to fully concentrare myself on this one. ^^'''

Kay, back with a vengeance the photos of the goodies I announced in my opening post.

But since I forgot 3 games in my opening post, and got yesterday Susume ! Taisen Puzzle Dama, I'll add the photo of them first :

games_feb2.jpg

* This Fire Emblem DS is a French version. Now I have both the Japanese and the French version of this game.

* The two Tokimeki Memorial games here are Saturn versions here, thus I don't have the console, but they're both Special Editions (with goodies inside), and I found them at the ridiculous price of 105 yen each, so I swiftly took them. :P

Now, on to the recently purchased game-related goodies :

The Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) manga's first 3 tomes, and the Gyakuten Saiban Official Comic Anthology

Game CDs.

From left to right and top to bottom :

* Tokimeki Memorial Vocal Best Collection 1

* Tokimeki Memorial Sound Collection 1

* Tokimeki Memorial Sound Collection 3

* Tokimeki Memorial Piano Collection

* Tokimeki Memorial Drama Series Volume 1 : Nijiiro no Seishun Original Drama Soundtrack

* Fly Away ~ Junko Noda

* Twinbee Paradise 2 Volume 2

* Twinbee Paradise 2 Volume 1

* Tough but Tender ~ Junko Noda

(I added two of the 3 Junko Noda albums I bought in there, for rounding the picture and because both of them have Tokimemo songs in them - Anata ni Aete and Yuuki no Kami-sama in Fly Away, and For Yourself in Tough but Tender -.)

Tokimeki Memorial Drama CDs.

From left to right and top to bottom :

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" January

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" February

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" March

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" April

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" May

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" July

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" September

* "Motto ! Tokimeki" October

* Drama Collection

A Tokimeki Memorial 2 artbook, and the Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories : Dancing Summer Vacation official guidebook

Star Ocean 2 and Star Ocean Blue Sphere comic anhologies.

The first row are Star Ocean 2 anthologies, while the second are the Star Ocean Blue Sphere ones.

The first SO2 anthology in the row has its cover, as well as a short story inside, drawn by Mayumi Azuma, the mangaka of the official Star Ocean : The Second Story manga. :)

A few figurines I bought.

I bought the Pokémon goods displayed here at Tôkyô's Pokémon Center when I visited it for the Special Eevees. ;)

Edited by AceNoctali

^^Out of curiosity why did you pick up 2 versions of FEDS?

I picked up Killzone too yesterday and it's pretty good, aiming is a little tough, but I like that makes the skill factor weigh more in FPS.

With Christmas being insane with a gluit of games coming out and no shelf space for stores to hold them the prices went insane. As a result I had no need to buy anything for a few months.

One of my current hunts is Okami for £19.99 or less. Well...

IMG_0958.jpg

Spot the IGN...it isn't the watermark

It gets better. Ōkami was just £9.97 when I took it to the till. I love and hate these stores for not updating their price stickers*.

Why did I just say ÅŒkami? That is what the spine says I've wanted to do a fun shot.

*-the good: nobody else knows the price so won't buy it.

the bad: if you don't know the price you have to risk taking it to the till and looking like a retard when you find the sticker was right after all.

... Killzone too...

Hughhuurrrggghhh--

Anyway, I got Star Ocean: Second Evolution a few days ago. It plays and looks great, but the voice acting is killing the game for me. I want to like it, but its prospects are limited since the voices are like nails on a chalkboard.

Just got Rise of the Argonauts. A lot of dialogue in this game explaining Greek culture and backstory, which is interesting. Not sure how much depth the fighting has (heard there wasn't much depth in it), but it's apparent a part of this game is listening to NPCs and choosing reactions.

Edited by Chainey

^^Out of curiosity why did you pick up 2 versions of FEDS?

Because I wanted to be personnally able to compare between the two versions, and for collection sake.

I found yesterday a full copy of FE1 NES (aka game, manual and box) in top shape, and a copy of Fire Emblem Gaiden (with box, but no manual). I'll add pics of them in the following days in the "Fire Emblem Collection" topic at the General FE Board.

I plan to buy Skate, Skate 2, Assassins Creed, Mass effect, oblivion And may be Halo 3. Probaly within four months I will buy this stuff.

I have had all these in the past 'sides Skate 2 and oblivion, but sold because I beat them. Now I want for sentimental value.

Edited by DESTINY H3R0

Four swords adventure. A new game with the bonus cable for the Gameboy In Gamestop for 16.39 awesome

Though it is fun, i already beat it in like 2 days :(

Four swords adventure. A new game with the bonus cable for the Gameboy In Gamestop for 16.39 awesome

Though it is fun, i already beat it in like 2 days :(

I beat it alone easily, but the fun really gets going when you have 3 idiots playing with you.

We had a GBA and cable each.

I actually found Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 at the store once but it was too expensive for me to get either one