Shiny Pokemon

DeSu

Currently, the only one that I really have is a shiny Staravia. I have a shiny Geodude, but it's on a ROM >.< I also used to have a shiny Carvanha, but it was deleted when a new game was started on the Sapphire cart :[

Actually, those are the only that I have actually caught myself. I have a bunch received in trades or from cheating people on GTS though...

Edit: I once caught a shiny Unown A in FR, too. But...that was deleted.

Edited by Melodia

All they really do is look pretty. They rarely have IVs, natures, abilities, egg moves, etc. suited for battle. So, they look pretty. Unless its a shiny Garchomp or Regice. Then it just sparkles, and that's it.

But looking cool is awesome! And it's pretty easy to fight with a shiny if you EV it. Egg moves are all necessary...

See when you hack stuff it all comes out grrrrreat

I have a legit shiny Flareon

Lonely nature very very good IV's I was IV breeding and this fello came along

It's a shame Flareon's moveset is so limited, he really cries for a physical STAB move, especially Flare blitz (I think that's the name, it's been ages since I touched Pearl or read anything related to the current Metagame.)

I suppose he's viable for UU tier, but even so, I don't think he'll fair very well.

Back on topic, I lack shinies, never had an interest towards them.

Edited by Unoriginal

I have a shiny salamance and i had a shiny gastly but my batteries died before I saved....and it was the right nature and everything........

It's the Shiny Salamence you received from my Giveaway, right ?

Because if it's the case, I'd like to remind you it's non-redistributable.

See when you hack stuff it all comes out grrrrreat

I have a legit shiny Flareon

Lonely nature very very good IV's I was IV breeding and this fello came along

Oh crap dammit, a legit Shiny Lonely Flareon ?! Just wow.

Could you tell me what are its IVs, please ? Because if they're really good, and if you could trade me a clone of it, I would be very interested.

It's a shame Flareon's moveset is so limited, he really cries for a physical STAB move, especially Flare blitz (I think that's the name, it's been ages since I touched Pearl or read anything related to the current Metagame.)

I suppose he's viable for UU tier, but even so, I don't think he'll fair very well.

Back on topic, I lack shinies, never had an interest towards them.

Yes, it cries for Flare Blitz. :(

But Flareon works very well with a mixed set : give him a Lonely nature, a Life Orb or Expert Belt, and a set like Flamethrower or Fire Blast / Hidden Power Grass (or Quick Attack or Shadow Ball if it doesn't have it) / Return / Superpower, and watch the fireworks. :P

That being said I have several Shinies in my 3rd Gen carts, and 2 Shiny Bidoofs on Diamond (one being Modest nature with Simple ability and really nice IVs), all legit and caught by chance.

Here's a list of my 3rd Gen Shinies in those two posts at my LJ : HERE and HERE.

Please note that the only remotely battle-useable Shiny here is Salamence, the others have crap IVs and Nature.

Edited by AceNoctali

Too bad Flareon suck.

It doesn't. I agree that it's far from being a top-tier Pokémon, and that it's the least good Eeveelution, but it's a nice Poké if you give him the right set (mentioned in my post above).

Ace, what would you want in exchange for the shiny Golbat? (if you're willing to trade, of course)

What interesting Pokés do you have to offer ? But very important : the Pokés you can offer me HAVE to be legit. I insist on that point.

If you don't have interesting Pokés, I can offer it to you for 16 8 Red Shards (the price for two one Move Tutors using a full 8 Red Shards price, like Superpower and Outrage). I need those in my Platinum cart.

EDIT : Scratch the 16 Red Shards part, it would take too long to transfer, and I'm not sure if you have that much. Just 8 will do.

Edited by AceNoctali