2nd playthrough

Pelleas isn't THAT hard to train. If you've got even the slightest bit of patience, you can hit Arch-Sage in the first map he joins. Just make sure to have someone bring an extra Thunder tome or two along (maybe even a crafted one that gives +to hit percentage) because his dark magic tomes tend to break if you use him to do just about everything in that map.

Funny you should mention that, because that's exactly what happened. I managed to get him to cap everything (2nd tier) except HP (understandable) Luck (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off) and Defence (1 point off)

Yes. Elincia + Mercy = easy training for Pelleas.

That's exactly what I did to Valtome.

Progress: on 4-4 now

Desert chapter wasn't too bad, the first turn scared me a bit though:

1. Skrimir gets hit by Purge. 20 damage. A moment of scilence. 20 damage again. Untransformed Skrimir is so slow he gets DOUBLED by long range magic, WTF!?

2. Skrimir gets put to sleep. It's okay, I guess, I have a restore staff.

3. Laura gets scilenced. Oh crap, I'm screwed.

But once I bought a second restore staff (for Micaiah) that problem was solved. Only a few notable things happened: Aran capped his first stat... Speed?! (that surprised me, and he didn't gain any defence for the whole chapter) Micaiah ended up capping everything except Strength (understandable) and Skill (1 point off) and I only used 1 speedwing and no BEXP!

Oh, and at the end of the chapter, Tanith said "Why so serious?" in her convo with Sanaki and Sigrun.

EPIC LOLs.

Progress: on 4-4 now

Desert chapter wasn't too bad, the first turn scared me a bit though:

1. Skrimir gets hit by Purge. 20 damage. A moment of scilence. 20 damage again. Untransformed Skrimir is so slow he gets DOUBLED by long range magic, WTF!?

2. Skrimir gets put to sleep. It's okay, I guess, I have a restore staff.

3. Laura gets scilenced. Oh crap, I'm screwed.

But once I bought a second restore staff (for Micaiah) that problem was solved. Only a few notable things happened: Aran capped his first stat... Speed?! (that surprised me, and he didn't gain any defence for the whole chapter) Micaiah ended up capping everything except Strength (understandable) and Skill (1 point off) and I only used 1 speedwing and no BEXP!

Oh, and at the end of the chapter, Tanith said "Why so serious?" in her convo with Sanaki and Sigrun.

EPIC LOLs.

Aran... capped speed? That's messed up.

As said previously, it's very easy to cap Aran's speed. It's his resistance that tends to suck the big one.

Anyway, remember to keep your magic people near Ena when the enemy casts mass-silence. Boon is there for a reason.

Lekain's "Bathe in my radience" attack (A.K.A mass-scilence) never really gives me much trouble anyway. But is there any way to know when he does it?

Progress: Nearly finished the Loliver chapter.

So many reinforcements so many reinforcements SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY REINFORCEMENTS!

This just about sums up the chapter. The number of enemies almost doubled in the space of two turns, I pity those who decide to leave Tormod and friends at the bottom of the map. This chapter would be absolutly brutal if it worked like FEDS's HM Lv.5

I know the next chapter is worse in this regard, but here it's even more annoying, as you have to kill all of them to clear the chapter (Rout)

On a more positive note, Rolf capped Strength and Astrid is getting very close to capping everything... and she's only level 10!

Progress: On 4-E-1

Nothing really worthwhile to note in 4-5, exept Pelleas' conversation with Izuka. (Which I won't spoil for those of you who don't know.) I made Pelleas a forged Thunder tome with 25 crit, which helped in killing dragons, but none of them ended up hitting any of my characters anyway. (now if only 4-E-3 was like that...) Zihark got a little unlucky (hit by several <20%s in a row) and is suffering from Anti-Astra Syndrome, i.e hardly ever activates Astra, and when he does, he wouldn't have needed it anyway. (activates Adept like crazy though, and he's getting better now) Nolan acivates Collossus a lot and has maxed everything except Strength, HP and Defence. (Ironic, because they're supposed to be the warrior class' strengths)

I had Pelleas kill Izuka, in case you're wondering. Though the post-chapter dialogue kinda implies Tibarn did it...

Actually, on that subject, something wierd happened. Izuka had been weakened, and Pelleas prepared the final blow, and Izuka's battle sprite rotated during the spell animation, as if he was turning to look at something behind him before he died. I don't know if it's a graphical glitch or not, but it creeped me out.

And now the team has been chosen. Everyone mentioned before is there, with one addition... Mist! I got her premoted, and I thought an extra healer would be useful. (and once she gets Florette blessed she'll become a great Spirit-killer. And on that note, why can't she get an SS in staves, WHY?!) I'm a bit worried about her getting instant killed by

Ashera

's area attacks, but I have a spare Angelic Robe and Dracoshield just in case...

Speaking of which, I havn't used any stat boosters, except an Angelic Robe and a Speedwing on Micaiah. I think it's more fun to have your characters cap everything naturally (with the help of BEXP) and the use of stat boosters prevents accurate character reviews. There are only a few cases in which I would use them. (giving Kurth secret books, for example)

At the moment, the team stands thus:

Zihark, Nolan, Rolf, Callil, Astrid: Level 13

Ike: Level 12

Meg, Aran, Tanith, Pelleas: Level 9

Mist: Level 8 (mostly through BEXP)

Sothe: Level 4

Micaiah: Level 1 (obviously...)

Rafiel is my Heron, by the way, as he's probably the most underrated. He does OK with Celerity.

Wishblade is probably going to Aran, and I don't have an uber forged lance, so I was wondering weather I should bless a Brave Lance for Tanith.

The Brave Lance seems to be a good choice for blessing, but I'm not to sure on the first two floors of the Tower - you might not be able to kill the Generals that quickly. But I don't know what the hell I am talking about so, bleh.

This playthrough sounds good from what I have read. Looking forward to the conclusion.

Progress: Starting 4-E-3

E-1 wan't too hard. (I had Pelleas kill Lekain) Actually, I found it easier than my first playthrough, in which I used two Laguz royals!

E-2 was basically slaughter, the only real point of intrest being Ike's memory scene.

It actually revealed a lot, though I expected more about the Black Knight. Perhaps that's the reason why Ike owns so much, the memory was gone, but some of the emotion reamained, which he channeled into ownage.

If you discuss anything in this, PLEASE PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS. Ike's memory scene was just about the only thing about RD I wasn't spoiled on, and I don't want it to be ruined for anyone else.

Something I also want to add. Ike's memory scene (in which some dialogue isn't voice acterd BTW) is the one everyone mentions, but there are actuall several other scenes in Endgame you only see on your 2nd Playthrough.

Memory scene between Sephiran and Misha(?) and Lekain's explanation of how Sephiran became Prime Minister, both in E-1, and probably others later on.

I'm going to Japan for the next two weeks, but once I get back I'll give final impressions, character reviews and, as a special surprise, a Youtube video. Expect crappy quality, as it was done with digital camera (it dosn't look too bad, in my opinion, but I don't know what you'll think)