drawing anime

SmartRutter7

Do you have no access to a scanner?

i think i said this earlier in this thread but...

i do have a scanner. a really old one however. Problem is that it won't work with newer computers since it requires what is called an scsi chip. I have one in my old computer that crashed, but i can't transfer it between computers since that scsi card requires an ISA port in the motherboard. Newer computers only have some PCI ports, since ISA ports are outdated.

</long technical explantion>

In addition my driver cd for the scanner is quite scratched, however i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find them somewhere online at least.

Now, my dad has a fax machine, i think it doubles as a scanner as well but i'd have to see about that this weekend.

The only other way the scanner i have would work is if there's some way to hack a parallel port to work with scsi since they use the same type of connecter... if that was possible, i wonder if i could with linux.

Anyhow, if i do somehow manage a way to get my images scanned, i'll probably re-upload some better version of all these pictures.

Eh... don't think this is going to work. Tried using my dads fax machine since i thought it also functioned as a scanner, didn't work. So.... i wouldn't count on getting a working scanner anytime soon. :(

...unless anyone has any idea how i can get my old scanner working.

Edited by SmartRutter7

• 2 weeks later...