Hey baby, wanna go for another round?

I stuck Caesar in the arena and he died. Poor guy. That was the only time I used an arena in this game. They just aren't my cup of tea.

lol me too, radd got 2hkoed by a mercenary because of criticals. Haven't been back since.

Haha. I'm too lazy to move my units to the arenas (they are always so far away from your party!). Raddy and Caesar just happened to appear close to one and I wanted to try it out... and they failed. :/

The arenas worked fine after a sorry attempt by Wolf (who died in the process). If you go there with a weak character, just refuse all fights higher than 600. If he's getting slightly better, then go up to 700. I never let any of my characters, even promoted, go for a fight higher than 1000, just to be safe. I made tons of experience this way and was able to up characters that were way behind (and I tell you, Linde rocks as a lv 20 sage :P )

Remember the first Altea battle? The Samson or Arran map? Imagine you get through that annoying piece of a map...have someone rock the arena to top off the experience he got to level up...and wouldn't you know a sorcerer criticals with 1 percent chance and OHKOs on the first counter...

I fucking hate that map.

On H5, it seemed my Merc Barst just couldn't beat anything in the arena, except for Mages, since he could survive one hit from them with single digit HP, and in the meantime he got to hit them thrice (and he needed all three of those hits). One time, he failed to double a Mage and died anyway.

The great thing was that you could usually recognize a Mage by <1000G bets, but those are rare since there's also like 10 other enemy class possibilities, and sometimes you'd even bump into a Knight or something when taking a low bet.

I dunno which difficulty arena you guys are talking about, but the H5 one is absolutely unfair.

lol me too, radd got 2hkoed by a mercenary because of criticals. Haven't been back since.

Radd usually gets 2hko'd without criticals.

For me, I don't care since I wasn't going to use him anyway. He was sacrificed so I can recruit Horace soon.